***Official Texags Pro Wrestling Thread***

1,771,287 Views | 16577 Replies | Last: 2 days ago by safety guy
J182
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I don't even think it's going to be that. Vague hyping to get people to tune and then it's something completely different
👽
Bunk Moreland
That was incredibly lame. And to use it as part of the storyline for the upcoming match...whew.

I'd take the evp title away from the Jackson's based on that decision alone.
BCSGrubber
AG

This was really lame.
ShawnTxAg
AG
In my opinion it makes punk look like an entitled punk and I was the biggest punk mark before his return to AEW and his steady decline from when he stepped away.
toucan82
THAT DAMN SAMOA JOE
tjack16
AG
ShawnTxAg said:

In my opinion it makes punk look like an entitled punk and I was the biggest punk mark before his return to AEW and his steady decline from when he stepped away.

Yeah but he's always been an entitled punk. So nothing new. I was a huge Punk guy until he left WWE and just trashed them at every chance he got. Even when he came back at survivor series I was like okay cool… there's other young exciting guys I care about more.

I always saw Seth Rollins when he was coming up as fhe CM Punk replacement and IMO Seth has been better.
Sex Panther
AG
How about Ospreay going in on HHH...
BCSGrubber
AG
Unless there is some crazy forbidden door action about to take place, I don't see how referencing WWE so much is going to help draw new eyes to AEW
Big Cat `93
AG
I haven't watched wrestling in a few years, so I'm out of the loop. I just read this, though, and it made me shudder a bit. Comparison with WCW at the end is...not favorable. Poor Tony.

AEW went full WCW 2000 on Wednesday night
ShawnTxAg
AG
I think they need to hire better writers, but their in ring talent and ability to put matches together is up there w the rest. In my opinion they have some of the best wrestlers/talent in the game, they just gotta stop getting em hurt or shooting themselves in the foot.
Scotty Flamingo
Tama Tonga joined the bloodline
tjack16
AG
I'm worried bloodline will become like the Nexus was at its later stages where they just added new people and it got stale
Scotty Flamingo
Seems more like a bloodline civil war. Hopefully better than nwo Hollywood vs nwo wolfpak
TRM
AG
Jacob Fatu is signed too.
Sex Panther
AG
I don't know much about Tama Tonga - his background looks really solid

But I don't like him joining the Bloodline if he's not related. Sami was a special circumstance and so well done. This just seems like - "We need people so start adding any available wrestlers from islands"
dcaggie04
AG
They aren't blood related, but Reigns and The Rock consider Haku (Tama's dad) as their uncle. That is way more connected that the same thing was. So it really isn't a "jut put him in the group because he is an islander" thing.
Scotty Flamingo
Love how Tama Tonga has been presented so far. And blood being reintroduced into wwe is so refreshing as long as it isn't overdone.
Sex Panther
AG
Sex Panther said:

Calling it now... Cody's first feud as champ is vs AJ Styles

Bunk Moreland
Have not been watching much AEW if any lately but here are my picks...

HoB
Hook
O'Reilly
Hart
Okada
Rosa
FTR
BD
Swerve
Rocag
AG
Go out of your way to watch Bryan Danielson vs Will Ospreay. It was excellent.

Pac vs Okada rocked, too.
Sex Panther
AG
Ospreay vs Danielson somehow exceeded the hype. Incredible match

Hope Danielson is ok. Not sure whether that was a work or real.
J182
AG
I feel like I'm the only person not on the Willow Nightingale train. Her whole "happy to be here" persona is so cringy
👽
safety guy
AG
J182 said:

I feel like I'm the only person not on the Willow Nightingale train. Her whole "happy to be here" persona is so cringy

I think the whole woman's aew roster is lacking outside of Toni Storm. She has personality and athleticism. Thunder Rosa is a fraction of what she used to be. They miss the athleticism of Jamie hayter and the personality of Britt baker. The new girls they bring in are just meh. If I was them, I would try to develop lady frost. She is strictly fodder but shows more athleticism than any girl on their roster.
First Page Refresh
Page 474 of 474

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.