Star Wars Discussion Thread

6,603,918 Views | 45375 Replies | Last: 2 hrs ago by jokershady
Brian Earl Spilner
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
ABATTBQ11
AG
Well, there goes the proof that Han shot first
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Always like finding a new person watching ANH for the first time.

Flashdiaz
AG
Unlike Anakin, Dave Filoni get's rank of Master and is appointed Chief Creative Officer.

"In this new role, it's opened up to basically everything that's going on. When we're planning the future of what we're doing now, I'm involved at the inception phase.
I'm not telling people what to do. But I do feel I'm trying to help them tell the best story that they want to tell. I need to be a help across the galaxy here, like a part of a Jedi Council almost.
I can also lend a perspective on the challenges that telling these stories will present. I feel more capable of actually being helpful outside of just saying, 'Well, Jedi are like this, and Sith are like this."

https://www.darkhorizons.com/dave-filoni-is-lucasfilms-new-cco/
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Dave
powerbelly
AG
This seems to be the best role for him.
Saxsoon
AG
It might be for the best for him to move into a feige role and maybe away from directing . He has great ideas and hopefully this provides consistency moving forward
bluefire579
AG
maroon barchetta

maroon barchetta
This has to be someone that posts here.

YouBet
AG
Good lord! Most celebrated sequel of all time is a "dead thing with no life."
maroon barchetta
Those people were pretty high on their own principles and opinions.
Cinco Ranch Aggie
AG
I can kinda see where they're coming from. I would wonder what they think of Empire now?

When I first saw Empire, I thought it was great but not nearly as good as Star Wars. Empire grew on me over the years, though. It was sometime in the latter half of the 80s when I had watched the three movies one day, I decided Empire was far better than I had originally given it credit for being and started to consider it the best of the trilogy.
The Porkchop Express
AG
Somewhere out there is a newspaper article where David Prowse spoils the Empire Strikes Back in 1978 in a local paper.

Ahh, found out.

Cinco Ranch Aggie
AG
The Porkchop Express said:

Somewhere out there is a newspaper article where David Prowse spoils the Empire Strikes Back in 1978 in a local paper.

Ahh, found out.

Holy crap.

Empire opened in Houston on 2 screens - one at West Alabama and one at Westchase (Gessner and Westheimer). I'm pretty sure it opened on a Wednesday. Divorced parents, I lived with my mom but was with my dad every other weekend. It just so happened that I was at my dad's the weekend after it opened. I was able to convince him that we needed to drive by Westchase to "see how long the line was". There were actually 2 lines - one to wait for the opportunity to buy tickets, and then one to wait for admittance to the theater. Both were long, but not as long as I had expected. So we got in line and got to see it that Saturday afternoon.

But I already knew about the film's big reveal. How so, given I had not seen that newspaper clipping until just now? The novelization had come out earlier in May, I snapped it up and read that thing in a day. So clearly I knew going into the theater that day. For the life of me, I cannot recall anything about the actual experience of seeing Empire for the first time, other than my little sister cupping her hands over her ears at the loud screeching sound the Imperial probe engines made right at the beginning of the movie.
maroon barchetta
It definitely opened on a Wednesday.

We normally had Wednesday night church. My mom drove us to the theater and we watched the movie and skipped church.
jokershady
AG

Ahh, found out.

this actually raises A LOT of questions.

If you've ever heard Mark Hamill tell the story about how it was revealed to him that he was the son of Vader (and he's told that story a lot)….it was only him, Lucas, and one other person (though it was the ESB director)…and that's it! Not even Harrison Ford knew until he saw the final film at its premiere.

The way they hid it was there was another fake twist, which other folks did know about and that was going to be that Obiwan killed his father….

Man now I want to know more about this guy and this reveal because based on the article they hadn't even started shooting the thing yet…..was this just him screwing with the fans and Lucas going, "Hey that's not a bad idea let's do it!" ?????
jokershady
AG
Yup here!

The Porkchop Express
AG
jokershady said:

Ahh, found out.

this actually raises A LOT of questions.

If you've ever heard Mark Hamill tell the story about how it was revealed to him that he was the son of Vader (and he's told that story a lot)….it was only him, Lucas, and one other person (though it was the ESB director)…and that's it! Not even Harrison Ford knew until he saw the final film at its premiere.

The way they hid it was there was another fake twist, which other folks did know about and that was going to be that Obiwan killed his father….

Man now I want to know more about this guy and this reveal because based on the article they hadn't even started shooting the thing yet…..was this just him screwing with the fans and Lucas going, "Hey that's not a bad idea let's do it!" ?????
I know that Prowse was not the friendliest guy in the world. Lucas offered him the choice to play Vader or Chewie given his size. He did not mention that Vader wore a mask and that he would have his lines dubbed, so at least according to the Star Wars Annotated Screenplays, Prowse harbored a grudge for some time. He might have not really given a crap about spoiling the plot.
Tibbers
Star Wars is just magic. It's not as good as Star Trek. Science means more than weirdo magic larp.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
GreasenUSA
AG
Tibbers said:

Star Wars is just magic. It's not as good as Star Trek. Science means more than weirdo magic larp.
You should post this on the Star Trek thread.

oh wait
canadiaggie
AG
Only theatre weirdos and OCD folks like Star Trek more than Star Wars
The Porkchop Express
AG
canadiaggie said:

Only theatre weirdos and OCD folks like Star Trek more than Star Wars
The Porkchop Express
AG
I'm ghostwriting some fiction for a guy about an investment analyst and I have successfully dubbed the name of the firm he works for "Republic Credit".

If you're a Seinfeld fanatic, I've also introduced a firm called Branch Leland.
redline248
AG

I'm ghostwriting some fiction for a guy about an investment analyst and I have successfully dubbed the name of the firm he works for "Republic Credit".

No, they won't! ...and no one else has a T-14 hyperdrive, I promise you that!
maroon barchetta
Brandt/Leland?
maroon barchetta
How have I never seen this?

Cinco Ranch Aggie
ABATTBQ11
AG
Tibbers said:

Live long, and GFY...

Respectfully, of course.
TCTTS
AG
I'm legit confused. I thought everyone hated midi-chlorians and what they represented (that only certain bloodlines/blood-types could be Jedi, with a big enough midi-chlorian count). But now well-respected influencers are sh*tting all over Filoni for embracing what I thought everyone loved about the Force back in the day, and seemed to embrace once more when Rey was deemed a "nobody," before Abrams turned her into Palatine's granddaughter...

TCTTS
AG
I mean...

Rex Racer
AG
Then what's the point of, "the force is strong in your family"?
SpreadsheetAg
AG
Built up a world and set rules only to break them when convenient
The Collective
AG
Rebels had a whole storyline about protecting force sensitive individuals (children).
First Page Last Page
Page 1221 of 1297

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.