Star Wars Discussion Thread

6,608,197 Views | 45375 Replies | Last: 1 day ago by jokershady
The Porkchop Express
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Crushing for me.
Life is better with a beagle
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Come on out and I'll buy you some sake bombs.
The Porkchop Express
AG
Brian Earl Spilner said:

I promised my daughter I'd take her to the next one. I can't possibly afford taking the 2 of us to Japan.
redline248
AG
The Porkchop Express said:

Brian Earl Spilner said:

I promised my daughter I'd take her to the next one. I can't possibly afford taking the 2 of us to Japan.
You have two years to save. She can put off college until she's 20
powerbelly
AG

Brian Earl Spilner said:

You can do Japan on a budget. Watch the flights and jump on cheap ones.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Maybe I'll run into this guy.

The Porkchop Express
AG
I just realized that when the next Star Wars movie comes out, I'm going to be as old as my dad was when The Phantom Menace came out.

Flashdiaz
AG

Sadly... this is going to be my go to pic I send people on their birthdays
The Porkchop Express
AG
Flashdiaz said:

Sadly... this is going to be my go to pic I send people on their birthdays
I like to send this to my brother when he says he's too tired to come play disc golf with me on the weekend.

Brian Earl Spilner
AG
https://www.youtube.com/live/hil5cr-tLxY?t=1h09m38s

Timestamped to a hilarious story from Andy Serkis about the first night the TFA cast got together for dinner.

I recommend checking out at whole panel btw. Very cool, in-depth, and insightful. Go to the "Villains of the Sequel Trilogy" chapter marked on the timestamps.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
The Porkchop Express
AG
redline248
AG
Which is worse? Vader's "nooo" or Poe's "somehow, Palpatine returned"
TCTTS
AG
The opening crawls should be left to the Skywalker saga entries and that's it. The idea is something Lucas got from an old, black-and-white film from back in the day, and there is zero reason for it to continue to be used in the post-TROS era. It's also a crutch, narratively speaking. If you think your story needs an expositional download dump to the open the movie, you're either wrong or telling your story poorly…

C@LAg
should have a 15 second TikTok clip instead of the scroll.

get with the times.
twilly
AG
The crawl will double up on fan service by starting with, "I have a bad feeling about this."

Ranger fans you're not dreaming! The Rangers are the World Series Champions!
BenTheGoodAg
AG
redline248 said:

To be fair to Poe, how else would you deliver that line?

Also, this seems relevant:

TCTTS
AG
It would be hilarious if they retcon it again back to her being a "nobody."

Though, I guess the Palpatine of it all is a possible reason for her not to be trusted, and thus… drama/friction. But it was stupid and no one liked it so I can't see them really embracing that aspect, but who knows.
The Porkchop Express
AG
BenTheGoodAg said:

redline248 said:

To be fair to Poe, how else would you deliver that line?

Also, this seems relevant:

Given that it was 32 years after the originals, I always thought most of those people should have been like, "Who the hell is Palpatine?"

It's like someone telling the youth of today, "Somehow, Michael Dukakis has returned". ANd yes, I'm comparing Dukakis to the Emperor, visitors from F16, please flame away.
BenTheGoodAg
AG
Really? I think it'd be more like "Hey guys, Hitler's back, somehow"? People would get it.
TCTTS
AG
Exactly. Isn't it common knowledge in-universe that Senator Palapatine became the Emperor, aka Star Wars Hitler?
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
This is a purposefully terrible analogy, yes?
maroon barchetta
Brian Earl Spilner said:

This is a purposefully terrible analogy, yes?

Remember that time Palpatine did a campaign spot for his Imperial Senate run and gave a point to the camera from an ATAT?

The Porkchop Express
AG
TCTTS said:

Exactly. Isn't it common knowledge in-universe that Senator Palapatine became the Emperor, aka Star Wars Hitler?
I feel like most people would laugh their ass off if their leader went from wanting to be called Chancellor Palpatine to "The Emperor". He'd be the biggest meme ever.
AliasMan02
AG
TCTTS said:

The opening crawls should be left to the Skywalker saga entries and that's it. The idea is something Lucas got from an old, black-and-white film from back in the day, and there is zero reason for it to continue to be used in the post-TROS era. It's also a crutch, narratively speaking. If you think your story needs an expositional download dump to the open the movie, you're either wrong or telling your story poorly…

The prologue in Solo was a good compromise. Allowed the stage to be set very clearly without the scroll.
Flashdiaz
AG
TCTTS said:

Though, I guess the Palpatine of it all is a possible reason for her not to be trusted, and thus… drama/friction. But it was stupid and no one liked it so I can't see them really embracing that aspect, but who knows.

Or they embrace it.. she struggles with who she is and is heavily tempted by the dark side. Add in a group of Jedi (or close to it) that don't trust her and want to kill her because she's a palpatine.
TCTTS
AG
Yeah, there's no putting the toothpaste back in the tube, so I guess it's probably best to just embrace and squeeze as much drama out of it as possible. As stupid as the initial decision was.
YouBet
AG
Flashdiaz said:

TCTTS said:

Or they embrace it.. she struggles with who she is and is heavily tempted by the dark side. Add in a group of Jedi (or close to it) that don't trust her and want to kill her because she's a palpatine.

Hopefully, they are successful and when the lead Jedi takes his mask off it's Finn.
jeffk
AG
They're definitely not retconning the Palps clone storyline as both Bad Batch and Mando are currently expanding/exploring it.

In fact, I wouldn't be surprised if either/both ending up leading us to Rey.
The Porkchop Express
AG
Flashdiaz said:

TCTTS said:

Was a good plot twist in one of the books when a Senator revealed Leia was Vaders daughter and it destroyed her political career.
maroon barchetta
TCTTS said:

Yeah, there's no putting the toothpaste back in the tube, so I guess it's probably best to just embrace and squeeze as much drama out of it as possible. As stupid as the initial decision was.

I've seen a gif where Asian women celebrate putting toothpaste back in a tube.
redline248
AG
That gif is awesome
maroon barchetta
I have no idea why it exists but it's funny
SpreadsheetAg
AG
TCTTS said:

She IS a Skywalker... she said so... and she could see force ghost Luke and Leia who nodded in approval
SpreadsheetAg
AG
maroon barchetta said:

I have no idea why it exists but it's funny

TTIWWOP
First Page Last Page
Page 1196 of 1297

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.