Star Wars Discussion Thread

6,608,196 Views | 45375 Replies | Last: 1 day ago by jokershady
maroon barchetta
How long do you want to ignore this user?
jeffk said:

redline248 said:

To your question, though, I'd totally be in for some Luke/Ben stories.

Especially if every episode contains a scene where Luke contemplates killing Ben.

Ben Kenobi?
bluefire579
AG
Brian Earl Spilner said:

Ok, if I had a time machine I'd want to be at this party.

https://instagr.am/p/CqzE0y7LqGg
Hope you like cocaine
Cinco Ranch Aggie
AG
AliasMan02 said:

Cinco Ranch Aggie said:

TCTTS said:

Pretty sure that I read that Lucas originally wanted Spielberg to direct ROTJ but Spielberg declined, stating that was " George's baby" or something like that

I think I heard the opposite, that Spielberg wanted to direct (I always assumed because AotC was so bad) but Lucas couldn't let it go.
Spielberg wanted to direct Revenge of the Sith? Hadn't heard that.
SpreadsheetAg
AG
bluefire579 said:

Brian Earl Spilner said:

Ok, if I had a time machine I'd want to be at this party.

https://instagr.am/p/CqzE0y7LqGg
Hope you like cocaine
. Looks like Russell Brand IS a time traveler!
Brian Earl Spilner
AG

Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Cinco Ranch Aggie said:

AliasMan02 said:

Cinco Ranch Aggie said:

TCTTS said:

Pretty sure that I read that Lucas originally wanted Spielberg to direct ROTJ but Spielberg declined, stating that was " George's baby" or something like that

I think I heard the opposite, that Spielberg wanted to direct (I always assumed because AotC was so bad) but Lucas couldn't let it go.

Nope, it's the first thing. Lucas wanted him, Spielberg didn't want to touch Lucas' baby. But it was ROTJ.

Spielberg actually directed the Dooku/Anakin duel in AOTC though. Which is why there's so much close up of their faces, much more than any other duel.
jokershady
AG
Brian Earl Spilner said:

Cinco Ranch Aggie said:

AliasMan02 said:

Cinco Ranch Aggie said:

TCTTS said:

Nope, it's the first thing. Lucas wanted him, Spielberg didn't want to touch Lucas' baby. But it was ROTJ.

Spielberg actually directed the Dooku/Anakin duel in AOTC though. Which is why there's so much close up of their faces, much more than any other duel.

Really? I always thought it was cause Christopher Lee was old as crap and just couldn't move well enough to have an interesting fight against another real life person….
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Nah he had a stunt double who they could easily shoot from farther away and paste his face on. Maybe it was a factor but not the primary one.

I remember them talking about it on the DVD behind the scenes for AOTC.

It's always felt a bit awkward but I will say seeing the red and blue lighting up their faces does look pretty cool.
YouBet
AG
jokershady said:

Brian Earl Spilner said:

Cinco Ranch Aggie said:

AliasMan02 said:

Cinco Ranch Aggie said:

TCTTS said:

Really? I always thought it was cause Christopher Lee was old as crap and just couldn't move well enough to have an interesting fight against another real life person….

I grant him a reprieve considering he has some interesting real life fights as a total f'ing badass fighting for his country.
The Porkchop Express
AG
I believe Spielberg directed the Yoda/Sidious fight in ROTS as well. Which is probably why it was so awesome. I've never heard that about the AOTC fight and don't see it listed anywhere on the 'net. Are you sure you didn't get that and the ROTS fight mixed up?
Life is better with a beagle
TCTTS
AG
TCTTS
AG
"And I'm like, man, keep goin' with the treats."

He's halfway to being in a sketch for The Californians.
jokershady
AG
YouBet said:

jokershady said:

Brian Earl Spilner said:

Cinco Ranch Aggie said:

AliasMan02 said:

Cinco Ranch Aggie said:

TCTTS said:

I grant him a reprieve considering he has some interesting real life fights as a total f'ing badass fighting for his country.
This is true.

I remember Peter Jackson giving an interview about how Christopher Lee explained to him for a certain scene in Lord of the Rings that if a man was stabbed from behind, he'd react differently than how Peter Jackson was directing….and it was all from Christopher Lee's personal experience doing so…..
The Porkchop Express
AG
jokershady said:

YouBet said:

jokershady said:

Brian Earl Spilner said:

Cinco Ranch Aggie said:

AliasMan02 said:

Cinco Ranch Aggie said:

TCTTS said:

This is true.

I remember Peter Jackson giving an interview about how Christopher Lee explained to him for a certain scene in Lord of the Rings that if a man was stabbed from behind, he'd react differently than how Peter Jackson was directing….and it was all from Christopher Lee's personal experience doing so…..
Then Peter Jackson made sure he was on different continents than Christopher Lee when he told him they weren't going to have his death in the theatrical version of The Two Towers.
jokershady
AG
Yup. Here it is….

Brian Earl Spilner
AG
TCTTS said:

"And I'm like, man, keep goin' with the treats."

He's halfway to being in a sketch for The Californians.

jeffk
AG
I have decided that I want a D+ show about Luke's Jedi school. But it's a comedy like Abbott Elementary where the main thread is that Luke is a worthless teacher and jokes about "literally killing" his students.
The Porkchop Express
AG
jeffk said:

I have decided that I want a D+ show about Luke's Jedi school. But it's a comedy like Abbott Elementary where the main thread is that Luke is a worthless teacher and jokes about "literally killing" his students.
And the have J. Walter Weatherman from Arrested Development hanging around each time to say "And that's why, you never use two lightsabers at once!"

jeffk
AG
A touching scene where Rey and her parents open her letter saying she hasn't been accepted and they have to send her to trade school.
double aught
AG
The Porkchop Express said:

sburg2007 said:

Return of the Jedi coming back to theaters for anniversary. Cue outrage over which version it is.
Just confirmed with my dad and my brother that we'll go see it when it comes back out!

Dad: 34
Brother: 12
Me: 9

Dad: 74
Brother: 52
Me: 49
My daughter: 11

Give me the 20th Century Fox fanfare to start the movie and I'll do a backflip.
AliasMan02
AG
Hey, we were just talking about Resistance tie-ins!

jeffk
AG
Omg. They're going to figure out a way to make people watch Resistance.
bluefire579
AG
Happy Easter everyone

redline248
AG
Oh, that's good
fig96
AG
BenTheGoodAg said:

one of my other faves (technically two eps).

sburg2007
Only one more season to wrap up The Bad Batch

jeffk
AG
That's about all I need. It's been a good little show, but I could see it getting pretty stale (or more stale) if it went longer.
jokershady
AG
final trailer! pretty sure i see a stormtroopers leg go flying off at around the 0:35 mark of the video....

jokershady
AG
honestly it felt like this was what was going to happen after this recent season.....setting up a massive 3rd and final act with trying to get omega back and stop the cloning attempts the empire is doing....

clearly they are going to fail with the cloning attempts to a certain degree, but curious to see how far they take it....and i still miss tech.....
jeffk
AG
jokershady said:

final trailer! pretty sure i see a stormtroopers leg go flying off at around the 0:35 mark of the video....

Really excited for this one. We have a little thread over on the Nerdery - https://texags.com/forums/30/topics/3348724/last#last
BenTheGoodAg
AG
I hadn't seen anything on this one. I thought Visions was a nice little nugget, so looking forward to what season 2 will offer.

jokershady
AG
Awesome! Visions was a great little experiment that had several episodes that blew my mind so now that they're venturing into even more artistic styles can't wait to see it!

Anyone else think the baddie going against the woman with the yellow saber is drawing inspiration from a certain bad guy in KOTOR???
sburg2007
Who said they were going to the next Celebration? Japan 2025!
The Porkchop Express
AG
That is really heart breaking.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
That's actually kind of perfect. One of my buddies who I went to 2019 with is moving to Tokyo this summer. Might be a perfect chance to finally visit Asia.
First Page Last Page
Page 1195 of 1297

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.