Star Wars Discussion Thread

6,608,755 Views | 45375 Replies | Last: 2 days ago by jokershady
TCTTS
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
TCTTS
AG
TCTTS
AG

TCTTS
TCTTS
AG
TCTTS
AG
TCTTS
AG
TCTTS
AG
TCTTS
AG
Confirmed...

TCTTS
AG
TCTTS said:

I take it to mean more of an overall steward/glue guy. Not quite a Feige type, but more of James Gunn type; a creative who will help oversee the overall story/vision, but also someone who will write and direct when compelled, starting with whatever this new project is. Which, if I had to guess, MIGHT be some kind of Avengers-esque culmination movie that sees Mando, Bo, Ahsoka, etc all teaming up together. If they're shifting all of the focus to that particular time period/story, that's what would make the most sense to me, but who knows.

TCTTS
AG
Dear god, yes...

TCTTS
AG
TCTTS
AG
Hell. Yes. All three of these sound incredible.
TCTTS
AG
I need this movie ASAP...

TCTTS
AG
TCTTS
AG

TCTTS
AG

TCTTS
AG
(The Ridley/Obaid-Chinoy movie is the old Lindelof movie, btw. Now the Steven Kight-written script.)
TCTTS
AG
I could not be happier with these three movie announcements. Each one set in a completely different era, each one totally unique from the others. With one of my favorite, most reliable directors - James Mangold (Walk the Line, Logan, Ford v Ferrari, Indiana Jones and the Dial of Destiny - directing the one that sounds the most interesting, IMO.

Star Wars on the big screen is finally back, in a big way.
jeffk
AG
TCTTS said:

CHOPPER!
gougler08
AG
jeffk said:

TCTTS said:

CHOPPER!
Yeah the gang is getting back together, awesome
jeffk
AG
I realize how silly it is for me to get excited to see a sassy droid from a cartoon in a trailer packed with wow moments, but I truly was.
wangus12
AG
TCTTS said:

I could not be happier with these three movie announcements. Each one set in a completely different era, each one totally unique from the others. With one of my favorite, most reliable directors - James Mangold (Walk the Line, Logan, Ford v Ferrari, Indiana Jones and the Dial of Destiny - directing the one that sounds the most interesting, IMO.

Star Wars on the big screen is finally back, in a big way.
They'll all end up canceled anyways
TCTTS
AG
I've been pretty down on Star Wars as of late, re: this season of Mando, but now I'm right in line with this. I was not at all expecting them to knock these three announcements out of the park like this...

YouBet
AG
All sounds pretty cool except for Skeleton Crew. Although if the latter can pull off some kind of Steven Spielberg vibe then I could be in on that.
TCTTS
AG
Skeleton Crew has a seriously insane director lineup, like few shows I've seen before. I agree that the plot itself doesn't sound too exciting, but the filmmakers attached certainly have my attention.
gougler08
AG
jeffk said:

I realize how silly it is for me to get excited to see a sassy droid from a cartoon in a trailer packed with wow moments, but I truly was.
Haha that was the first thing I thought after the trailer too
TCTTS
AG
Alright, time for bed. It's 5:30 AM here and I can at least get in a few hours. I didn't plan on live posting the whole thing, or even being up for it, but I was working super late, as usual, and then decided I might as well relay it all.

I hope everyone just now waking up enjoys a great trailer and all the incredible news.

Saxsoon
AG
All in on all of that
Ag Since 83
AG
gougler08 said:

jeffk said:

What's sillier, that, or my reaction to simply hearing the words "Heir to the Empire" said in an actual trailer?
wangus12
AG
Some Acolyte Trailer footage before it gets taken down

sburg2007
Dang that was fast!
wangus12
AG
There was one for Skeleton Crew as well
sburg2007
I read thread, moved Laundry, then posted and gone when I got back.
bluefire579
AG
Ag Since 83 said:

gougler08 said:

jeffk said:

What's sillier, that, or my reaction to simply hearing the words "Heir to the Empire" said in an actual trailer?
The "Heir to the Empire" got the Leo point from me
First Page Last Page
Page 1190 of 1297

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.