Star Wars Discussion Thread

6,638,925 Views | 45410 Replies | Last: 5 hrs ago by TCTTS
YNWA_AG
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
TCTTS
AG
Cinco Ranch Aggie
AG
TCTTS said:

There was a shot in there looking a lot like Kamino.
Texas Ag 15
AG
Is Sabine going to be in this season? Gotta think they cross paths between her and Ashoka..
The Porkchop Express
AG
TCTTS said:

Kate Sackhoff + Emily Swallow

When is that series coming out?

Life is better with a beagle
The Porkchop Express
AG
TCTTS
AG
jokershady
AG
Aw crap!! They delayed it nearly 4 months!

Edit: Actually this makes sense. Andor will be be airing its last episode of season 1 on 11/30….which means they are giving it 4 weeks off during December so no new Star Wars shows during the holiday month and then having bad badtch S2 debut the first Wednesday of the year
The Porkchop Express
AG
So freaking cool

TCTTS
AG
Just set aside some time this coming week to rewatch Rogue One in advance the Andor premiere next week. I've rewatched scenes here and there over the years, but I haven't rewatched the entire thing all the way through since the theater in 2016. Really looking forward to it, and then diving back into this world for the next few months. This is easily the most excited I've been for anything Star Wars since 2019.
gougler08
AG
Mandalorian and Baby Yoda will start to be at Hollywood Studios in November
maroon barchetta
We have the Blu-ray and have rewatched several times. It's so good. Feels so much more like Star Wars than the prequels or sequels.
The Porkchop Express
AG
gougler08 said:

Only confirmed for Disneyland so far. Haven't seen it official about Florida yet, have you?
gougler08
AG
The Porkchop Express said:

gougler08 said:

Only confirmed for Disneyland so far. Haven't seen it official about Florida yet, have you?
Just going on what my wife told me...she didn't mention Land vs. World!
The Collective
AG
Wellp, football season officially sucks. When does Andor start again?
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
The Porkchop Express
AG
single new pic for making of Ahsoka

Brian Earl Spilner
AG
TCTTS
AG
Rogue One is so damn good. Best of the Disney Star Wars era by far. Obvious for most, I know, but man, what a movie. Felicity Jones is admittedly somewhat dull - I probably would have gone with someone who had a bit more of a spark - but Diego Luno is nails as always, and I can't want to spend two seasons with him, leading up to all of this.

On that note, I would highly suggest rewatching Rogue One before Andor, as a number of the plot points we know from the Andor trailers are mentioned offhandedly here, in that you can see how they "reverse engineered" certain lines of dialogue for the series. It's nothing crucial, obviously, but still interesting and somewhat helpful in terms of context.

So stoked for next week.
maroon barchetta
I though Felicity Jones was great for that role and nailed it.
jokershady
AG
TCTTS
AG
She's… ok. Not bad by any means, but IMO she doesn't quite sell the scrappy orphaned girl with an attitude, who ends up inspiring a rebel sect of the rebellion. I would have preferred someone slightly more charismatic, with a bit more attitude and a bit more of an f-you mentality. The character also should have been blonde, or anything other than yet *another* brunette in her 20s, a la Padme, Leia, Rey, and Qi'ra, two of which also had English accents. They needed to mix it up on that front.
maroon barchetta
Brian Earl Spilner said:

maroon barchetta
This all seems surprising.
jeffk
AG
TCTTS said:

She's… ok. Not bad by any means, but IMO she doesn't quite sell the scrappy orphaned girl with an attitude, who ends up inspiring a rebel sect of the rebellion. I would have preferred someone slightly more charismatic, with a bit more attitude and a bit more of an f-you mentality. The character also should have been blonde, or anything other than yet *another* brunette in her 20s, a la Padme, Leia, Rey, and Qi'ra, two of which also had English accents. They needed to mix it up on that front.

Now I'm envisioning Rogue One starring a young Shirley Temple and it's got quite a different feel to it than the original.
The Porkchop Express
AG
She kills it in the scenes with her dad - the hologram reveal at Saw Gerrera's base and then when she sees him just before he dies. She and Diego Luna are fantastic in the final few scenes when death is inevitable. Just holding onto each other to have someone to face the end of the world with is a very beautiful thing to watch.

Scene from house last night -

TV on, wife watching Dr. Pohl, commercial for Andor comes on.

Wife: "Hey, there's a new Star Wars movie coming out, did you know about that?"

Me:

redline248
AG
There are so many reasons that's funny
jokershady
AG
The Porkchop Express said:

She kills it in the scenes with her dad - the hologram reveal at Saw Gerrera's base and then when she sees him just before he dies. She and Diego Luna are fantastic in the final few scenes when death is inevitable. Just holding onto each other to have someone to face the end of the world with is a very beautiful thing to watch.

Ding! Ding! Ding!
Rex Racer
AG
TCTTS said:

Don't forget about Leia. She had an English accent (sort of) in her very first appearance with Tarkin!
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Yeah that English accent lasted like 30 minutes didn't it.
Cinco Ranch Aggie
AG
TCTTS said:

Maybe they don't have blondes in a galaxy far, far away ....
The Porkchop Express
AG
Diego Luna says the first 3 episodes are about 2 hours in length together. Should make me even more chipper in the morning when I don't sleep from 2-4 a.m. instead of just 2-3 a.m.
Farmer1906
AG
Cinco Ranch Aggie said:

TCTTS said:

The Porkchop Express
AG
Farmer1906 said:

Cinco Ranch Aggie said:

TCTTS said:

Blondes have more fun!

Farmer1906
AG
First Page Last Page
Page 1149 of 1298

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.