Star Wars Discussion Thread

6,065,632 Views | 44210 Replies | Last: 16 min ago by maroon barchetta
The Porkchop Express
How long do you want to ignore this user?
WARNING: I have a deep-seated desire for others to love the Star Wars franchise as much as I do, in exactly the way I do, and get snippy and sensitive and passive-aggressive when they don't.
jokershady
AG
Farmer1906 said:

but was she though? We never see her face so for all we know Phasma could've been bald
The Collective
AG
I liked Felicity in Rogue One. Always loved the scene after her dad's death between her and Cassian.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
BenTheGoodAg
AG
When did C3PO have two gold legs?
Cinco Ranch Aggie
AG
BenTheGoodAg said:

Episode IV?
#FJB
BenTheGoodAg
AG
Not to be all, "ac-shoo-ally", but actually, the lower right leg was silver in the original trilogy.

TCTTS
maroon barchetta
I've never noticed his lower leg being a different color.

Sure it's just not a reflection off of R2 or the white walls of the hallway?
BenTheGoodAg
AG
Haha, no - I honestly thought this was a pretty commonly known Easter egg in Star Wars.

powerbelly
AG
No, it's definitely a different color
jokershady
AG
BenTheGoodAg said:

if C-3PO wants to all of a sudden identity as dual gold legged protocol droid then who are we to judge him/it?
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
You probably didn't recognize him because of the red arm.

maroon barchetta
TCTTS
AG
Duncan Idaho
Don't do that. Don't give me hope.
TCTTS
AG
YouBet
AG
TCTTS said:

Rogue One is so damn good. Best of the Disney Star Wars era by far. Obvious for most, I know, but man, what a movie. Felicity Jones is admittedly somewhat dull - I probably would have gone with someone who had a bit more of a spark - but Diego Luno is nails as always, and I can't want to spend two seasons with him, leading up to all of this.

On that note, I would highly suggest rewatching Rogue One before Andor, as a number of the plot points we know from the Andor trailers are mentioned offhandedly here, in that you can see how they "reverse engineered" certain lines of dialogue for the series. It's nothing crucial, obviously, but still interesting and somewhat helpful in terms of context.

So stoked for next week.
In other words, you're racist.

What a dick.

I'm about to start watching R1 just to combat your Nazism and provide a different viewpoint.
TCTTS
AG
Spilner, do you concur?

PatAg
AG
TCTTS said:

Spilner, do you concur?

How can you not like this dude
jokershady
AG
I might be having dejavu but I could have sworn when the rogue one movie was coming out he had brought up another different pronunciation for a Star Wars character that everyone loved hearing but can't place it….
jokershady
AG
Just got it!!! It was Jabba the Hutt.

They pronounced it like "Yabba the Hutt" and when he said it it sounded pretty dang cool.

Can't wait for this show!
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
TCTTS said:

Spilner, do you concur?

Absolutely. A nephew of mine is named Arturo and we all call him Arturito. (He loves Star Wars.)
The Collective
AG
TCTTS said:

maroon barchetta
TCTTS said:

Think how much better that line would have come across if she had been blonde.
The Collective
AG
maroon barchetta said:

Think how much better that line would have come across if she had been blonde.

Blondes are dumber, but I take their word for it more often.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Both of these guys just seem like the coolest dudes in the room at all times. Get Oscar Isaac in there and the universe would implode.

Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Why do they even bother announcing Star Wars movies anymore.

https://variety.com/2022/film/news/disney-star-wars-spinoff-rogue-squadron-release-snow-white-inside-out-2-lion-king-sequel-1235373972/
TCTTS
AG
I find Campea pretty annoying, and he's always been kind of a pot stirrer, but the people mad at him over this need to get a life…

YouBet
AG
Brian Earl Spilner said:

Why do they even bother announcing Star Wars movies anymore.

https://variety.com/2022/film/news/disney-star-wars-spinoff-rogue-squadron-release-snow-white-inside-out-2-lion-king-sequel-1235373972/

Quote:

When Jenkins first announced the spinoff in 2020, she evoked the thrill of watching her late father, who served as a fighter pilot in the U.S. military, and referred to "Rogue Squadron as her desire to "one day making the greatest fighter pilot movie of all time."

Top Gun Maverick comes out.

Patty Jenkins: "Aw *****...guys just take me off the schedule."
double aught
AG
Rogue Squadron was a dead man walking ever since WW84 came out. They need to either replace the director or cancel it completely and move on.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
So that would be three times it's happened to them.

Benioff and Weiss
Rian Johnson
Patty Jenkins
And quite possibly Taika Waititi

Being given a SW movie is a curse.
SpreadsheetAg
AG
double aught said:

Rogue Squadron was a dead man walking ever since WW84 came out. They need to either replace the director or cancel it completely and move on.
Can Christopher Nolan direct it? Or Denis Villeneuve? It needs someone with grand vision and excellent cinematography chops... not your 3rd rate action hero / superhero BS...

If they ever did take a stab at Rogue Squadron (or even better, Wraith Squadron) maybe even someone like Benjamin Caron (Andor, may I not regret this statement) or Jon Favreau directly, or Bryce Dallas Howard...
Red Five
AG
SpreadsheetAg said:

double aught said:

Can Christopher Nolan direct it? Or Denis Villeneuve? It needs someone with grand vision and excellent cinematography chops... not your 3rd rate action hero / superhero BS...

If they ever did take a stab at Rogue Squadron (or even better, Wraith Squadron) maybe even someone like Benjamin Caron (Andor, may I not regret this statement) or Jon Favreau directly, or Bryce Dallas Howard...
This guy X-wings.
Dekker_Lentz
AG
Presuming they won't use the EU material. A Rogue Squadron movie set between Empire and Jedi, ending with the space battle over Endor would be epic.
First Page Last Page
Page 1150 of 1264

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.