Star Wars Discussion Thread

6,640,795 Views | 45410 Replies | Last: 1 day ago by TCTTS
jokershady
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
TCTTS said:

How does this look SO GOOD - like, movie-level scope and quality - and Obi-Wan looked so incredibly bad? To the point where I can't believe this is even from the same company…

i keep looking at the final frame where the crowd is cheering with what they're looking at…..and I just can't tell what that's supposed to be….

Anyone know?
Decay
AG
jokershady said:

TCTTS said:

How does this look SO GOOD - like, movie-level scope and quality - and Obi-Wan looked so incredibly bad? To the point where I can't believe this is even from the same company…

i keep looking at the final frame where the crowd is cheering with what they're looking at…..and I just can't tell what that's supposed to be….

Anyone know?

Mandeville stadium
The Porkchop Express
AG
New reports from the Interwebs today say that not only is Anakin returning for the Ahsoka series, but Darth Vader as well, leading to speculation that there might be a flashback to the Rebels legendary scene featuring the duel between Vader, Ahsoka, and Ezra to set up the potential plot of the Ahsoka series, which also has people thinking that they might cast Freddie Prinze Jr. in a live-action cameo as Kanan Jarrus which I would fine immensely satisfying.
Life is better with a beagle
The Porkchop Express
AG
Also super-cool small details but I'll black them out anyway from Mando Season 3 about

New armor for Bo Katan forged from the Mythosaur and Moff Gideon gets some Mando-esque armor for himself, a black helmet that looks like what the Armorer wears.
The Collective
AG
Mando S3 - lots of weird side show episodes, and then about 2.5 episodes where they do the thing people want, and it is the best Star Wars since the 70s.
jeffk
AG
My son has been binging through Rebels while he's recuperating from covid. We just finished up the two part Twilight of the Apprentice episode. I'd forgotten how great it was. You get the usual Rebels cast and the Inquisitors plus Ashoka, Maul, and Vader. Great thematic and musical cues.
redline248
AG
When Rebels started, it was a bit of a mess with how immature it was. That didn't completely go away, but it become one of the best entries in Star Wars media, period.
The Porkchop Express
AG
New Andor teaser! Young Mon Mothma looking fine.

sburg2007
Looks pretty dang good!
TCTTS
AG
With every reveal, this just looks better and better. Finally, a Disney+ Star Wars series for non-tweens.
The Porkchop Express
AG
TCTTS
AG
Sorry I don't want every last Star Wars series to be about adults taking care of children, or gangs of Vespa-riding teenagers. One out of four aimed at the rest of us seems perfectly reasonable.
The Porkchop Express
AG
Have you watched Clone Wars or Rebels yet?
jeffk
AG
It's going to be hilarious when Andor has to rescue a child in order to save the fledgling rebellion.
TCTTS
AG
I watched the pilot for Rebels the day it came out, immediately knew it wasn't for me, and never revisited.

Then I watched the last four episodes of Clone Wars that basically made for a two-hour movie or whatever, and thought they were fine.

I'm just not a cartoon guy, and have so much other live-action stuff I need to watch.
TCTTS
AG
jeffk said:

It's going to be hilarious when Andor has to rescue a child in order to save the fledgling rebellion.
The Porkchop Express
AG
TCTTS said:

I watched the pilot for Rebels the day it came out, immediately knew it wasn't for me, and never revisited.

Then I watched the last four episodes of Clone Wars that basically made for a two-hour movie or whatever, and thought they were fine.

I'm just not a cartoon guy, and have so much other live-action stuff I need to watch.
That's cool, I dig that animation isn't for everyone, but there are some long, powerful arcs in those two shows that most adult SW fans I know think are incredible, and provide huge connective tissue to what continues to come from the mind of Favreau and Filoni in Mando, BOBF, and even the The Captain Marvel of the Star Wars Universe, Obi-Wan Kenobi. Even though Rebels has those grotesque, watermelon-thick lightsabers, it is a wholly remarkable show that includes Thrawn, everything Mandalorian, and the genesis of the Rebel Alliance, along with Ahsoka's return to action. For a SW fan, I would call it a can't miss series.
The Porkchop Express
AG
Cool stuff from the pages of new SW comics. The only bad thing about moving to a new house is I can't "happen by" the local comic book store any more while taking a walk in the evening.

From the new Obi-Wan series where Old Ben is reflecting on pivotal moments in his life.

One basically done to promote the SW Hotel, featuring Lando wearing the same GD shirt he's had for 8 decades apparently.

GreasenUSA
AG
I've never really been one for animation in these instances, but Rebels blew me away. I didn't think it would be for me either after the first couple of episodes, but it's totally worth it. Clone Wars is good too, but has more filler episodes.
TCTTS
AG
helloimustbegoing said:

TCTTS said:

That's cool, I dig that animation isn't for everyone, but there are some long, powerful arcs in those two shows that most adult SW fans I know think are incredible, and provide huge connective tissue to what continues to come from the mind of Favreau and Filoni in Mando, BOBF, and even the The Captain Marvel of the Star Wars Universe, Obi-Wan Kenobi. Even though Rebels has those grotesque, watermelon-thick lightsabers, it is a wholly remarkable show that includes Thrawn, everything Mandalorian, and the genesis of the Rebel Alliance, along with Ahsoka's return to action. For a SW fan, I would call it a can't miss series.

I hear you, and it's not that I'm not into animation. I love a lot of what Pixar puts out, and other stuff as well. I guess it's just that Pixar-type animation feels like it's on a whole other level than weekly cartoon series, which feel cheaper and more disposable to me. And this is admittedly a weird tick, but I'm also just not a huge fan of animated versions of things that were originally live action. It just adds to that cheap facsimile feeling for me.

But I totally get that there are some great, and maybe even essentially SW stories sprinkled throughout, and maybe one of these days, when I have the time, I'll go back and knock it all out.
Belton Ag
AG
Maybe Leia will get kidnapped and Bail Organa will have to approach Andor to rescue her.

That way we we'll have all Star Wars content from Obi Wan all the way ROTJ be about rescuing Leia in some form or fashion (OK, ESB might be stretching it but a major plot line started with Han saying "I'll get her out on the Falcon").
maroon barchetta
TCTTS said:

helloimustbegoing said:

TCTTS said:

I hear you, and it's not that I'm not into animation. I love a lot of what Pixar puts out, and other stuff as well. I guess it's just that Pixar-type animation feels like it's on a whole other level than weekly cartoon series, which feel cheaper and more disposable to me. And this is admittedly a weird tick, but I'm also just not a huge fan of animated version of things that were originally live action. It just adds to that cheap facsimile feeling for me.

But I totally get that there are some great, and maybe even essentially SW stories sprinkled throughout, and maybe one of these days, when I have the time, I'll go back and knock it all out.

I don't know how you can feel that way.
TCTTS
YouBet
AG
helloimustbegoing said:

Cool stuff from the pages of new SW comics. The only bad thing about moving to a new house is I can't "happen by" the local comic book store any more while taking a walk in the evening.

From the new Obi-Wan series where Old Ben is reflecting on pivotal moments in his life.

One basically done to promote the SW Hotel, featuring Lando wearing the same GD shirt he's had for 8 decades apparently.

If I had an original Gordon Gartrelle, I would wear it all the time too.

jokershady
AG
Alrighty…..we started planning for Disney next year…..I've only been once and that was in 2017 so Batu didn't exist.

We want to spend 2 days at Hollywood Studios and I'm super paranoid about making sure we get multiple runs on the Falcon and also the Rise of the Resistance ride (experience? From what I've read even people who've done this don't know how to describe it).

So what's the best strategy to make sure we get reservations for those rides? And the wife and I are definitely making sabers and the boys are making droids
Vince Blake
The Rise of the Resistance ride is the most awesome amusement park experience I have ever had. The scale of it is just mind blowing. We paid whatever it was to reserve a spot. I think it was $15 a person and totally worth it.
Belton Ag
AG
Vince Blake said:

The Rise of the Resistance ride is the most awesome amusement park experience I have ever had. The scale of it is just mind blowing. We paid whatever it was to reserve a spot. I think it was $15 a person and totally worth it.
This. It's so hard to describe the ride, but it's guaranteed that you'll never experience anything like it anywhere.
rayneag
AG
helloimustbegoing said:

TCTTS said:

Not to mention Kanan Jarrus may have the best Jedi arcs in the franchise.
C@LAg
jeffk said:

that is a show to wait until all 12episdes air before watching.

Lucasfilm live action suffers from absolute trash tier pacing. I cannot even imagine how bad a 12 episode slog is going to turn out, stretched out weekly.
maroon barchetta
Belton Ag said:

Vince Blake said:

This. It's so hard to describe the ride, but it's guaranteed that you'll never experience anything like it anywhere.

I heard that Avatar flight of the whatever ride is incredible. Better than that one?
Belton Ag
AG
maroon barchetta said:

Belton Ag said:

Vince Blake said:

I heard that Avatar flight of the whatever ride is incredible. Better than that one?
Don't know. Never been to Orlando.
TCTTS
AG
C@LAg said:

jeffk said:

that is a show to wait until all 12episdes air before watching.

Lucasfilm live action suffers from absolute trash tier pacing. I cannot even imagine how bad a 12 episode slog is going to turn out, stretched out weekly.

Normally, I'd agree. History certainly tells us as much. That said, Andor is from Tony Gilroy, one of the best writers/directors in the business - the guy who saved Rogue One - and I have faith that he's going to pace it like a proper TV series, cutting between multiple storylines, with compelling characters/plot, etc. Neither Favreau & Filoni, nor the Obi-Wan team, will be anywhere near this thing. I could of course end up eating my words, but I just have a feeling that we're in for something special with this one, and that it'll be worth watching on a weekly basis.
Decay
AG
maroon barchetta said:

Belton Ag said:

Vince Blake said:

They're totally different and both top notch, cutting edge rides. But Rise does a lot of cool things that have never been combined in one ride. Part of the fun was just trying to keep track of it all.
dave94
AG
I have every belief this will be great.
Chipotlemonger
AG
TCTTS said:

With every reveal, this just looks better and better. Finally, a Disney+ Star Wars series for non-tweens.
First Page Last Page
Page 1130 of 1298

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.