Star Wars Discussion Thread

6,640,821 Views | 45410 Replies | Last: 1 day ago by TCTTS
The Porkchop Express
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I believe there is a button to depress while holding it, but a second button to actually lock it on, like if you're going to throw it. It would make sense to have it turn off on its own if you drop it, so you don't trip and impale yourself.
Life is better with a beagle
redline248
AG
The Jedi should have looked into those wrist straps that Nintendo put on the Wii controllers.
dave94
AG
redline248 said:

The Jedi should have looked into those wrist straps that Nintendo put on the Wii controllers.
The Collective
AG
redline248 said:

Makes me think of this gif.
Quad Dog
AG
redline248 said:

Harry Potter too.
MGS
helloimustbegoing said:

I believe there is a button to depress while holding it, but a second button to actually lock it on, like if you're going to throw it. It would make sense to have it turn off on its own if you drop it, so you don't trip and impale yourself.
Is there a third button to remote start your X-Wing?
YouBet
AG
MGS said:

helloimustbegoing said:

That's a separate subscription. You'll need to call customer service to get that turned on. Unfortunately, they outsourced that team to Dagobah. Connection is spotty and they are hard to understand because they talk backwards.
The Porkchop Express
AG
MGS said:

helloimustbegoing said:

In the High Republic books, the Jedi Starfighters and other craft require a lightsaber's presence to unlock the weapons systems.
ChipFTAC01
AG
I remember in one of the EU books a Jedi designed their Saber with the on switch on the inside so only a Jedi could turn it on.
bluefire579
AG
SpreadsheetAg
AG
Decay said:

also is there any canon reason why dropped blades turn off? I always assumed it's like a button that you push to turn it on and then push again to turn it off. Are there other features programmed into the magic force crystal?

Like a laser pointer ; have to hold the button down to keep it lit. Also, I THINK many Jedi had no switched and used the force to trigger a mechanism inside to turn it on.

This would make sense so that non-force users couldn't tamper with or use their blades
maroon barchetta
SpreadsheetAg said:

Decay said:

also is there any canon reason why dropped blades turn off? I always assumed it's like a button that you push to turn it on and then push again to turn it off. Are there other features programmed into the magic force crystal?

Like a laser pointer ; have to hold the button down to keep it lit. Also, I THINK many Jedi had no switched and used the force to trigger a mechanism inside to turn it on.

This would make sense so that non-force users couldn't tamper with or use their blades

Han used it to cut open that Tauntaun.
Decay
AG
Yeah it's not so straightforward
TCTTS
AG
How does this look SO GOOD - like, movie-level scope and quality - and Obi-Wan looked so incredibly bad? To the point where I can't believe this is even from the same company…

XpressAg09
AG
Jon Favreau.
PatAg
AG
XpressAg09 said:

Jon Favreau.
Book of boba fett speeder chase

Maybe not

Either way, That mandalorian season 3 trailer looks amazing
TCTTS
AG
Just FYI, Favreau only wrote Book of Boba Fett, he didn't direct it. I have plenty of complaints about his story-telling choices, but his directing has always been top-notch, and it looks like he's definitely upped his game in that regard for Mando S3 (along with the other S3 directors).
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Robert Rodriguez
PatAg
AG
TCTTS said:

Just FYI, Favreau only wrote Book of Boba Fett, he didn't direct it. I have plenty of complaints about his story-telling choices, but his directing has always been top-notch, and it looks like he's definitely upped his game in that regard for Mando S3 (along with the other S3 directors).
Oh Im a big fan, I just wanted to post that clip because its so incredibly horrible when contrasted with that S3 extended trailer.
jeffk
AG
So many things about that Mandalorian trailer just look and sound like Star Wars. I didn't feel that we got a lot of that in Boba Fett or even Obi-Wan.
gougler08
AG
That shot the destroyed dome on Mandalore at the end
CC09LawAg
This is how they keep me on the hook.

They drop a few turds but then somehow strike gold. The inconsistency is maddening!
Quad Dog
AG
I think it's just that the Mando team has really put in the effort of figuring out what does and does not work in The Volume. Therefore they avoid the weaknesses of it. Other directors think it can handle all situations.
maroon barchetta
CC09LawAg said:

This is how they keep me on the hook.

They drop a few turds but then somehow strike gold. The inconsistency is maddening!

Sounds like my golf game when I used to play. Lots of frustration over the round and then hit a few beautiful shots in a row on the last hole and one-put for a par and think "I'm just getting warmed up".
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
The Porkchop Express
AG
Brian Earl Spilner said:

The first time Star Wars was the ABC Friday Night Movie I didn't eat all my green peas at dinner and my mom made me go to my room while my brother and my dad watched it. It was the worst, Jerry!
Aggie_Journalist
AG
Brian Earl Spilner said:

A home-recorded vhs tape of this broadcast is the version of empire strikes back I grew up with. I friggin loved it.
Thanks and gig'em
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
This was my experience with some classics like Home Alone and Superman II, except they were also in Spanish.
SpreadsheetAg
AG
Aggie_Journalist said:

Brian Earl Spilner said:

A home-recorded vhs tape of this broadcast is the version of empire strikes back I grew up with. I friggin loved it.
Exactly.... complete with horizontal static lines and parts of commercials we weren't fast enough to pause recording on...
TCTTS
AG
Quad Dog said:

I think it's just that the Mando team has really put in the effort of figuring out what does and does not work in The Volume. Therefore they avoid the weaknesses of it. Other directors think it can handle all situations.

I think this is a big part of it, for sure. With Obi-Wan, you could just feel the limitations of The Volume in every frame. I don't know how to explain it technically, but it's like they shot The Volume itself, to where you could practically see the edges of it, and then they would just extend the set/background effects in post. But with The Mandalorian, they properly shoot *in* The Volume, to where you can never see or feel the edges of it, which makes all the difference. If that makes any sense.

That and, of course, it's also what jeffk said above, about this just looking and sounding like Star Wars, far more so than any of the other shows.
pocketrockets06
AG
I've been thinking that the problems in the running chase scenes in Obi Wan were probably caused by that. Like if you were shooting those scenes outdoors where people can run full speed over whatever distance you need, fine. In a fixed volume, you have to run slower to not hit the edge of the set before the time allocated for the chase.
Cinco Ranch Aggie
AG
Brian Earl Spilner said:

Well that was pretty awesome.

I was at A&M when that broadcast, but since I didn't watch much TV in those days other than college football, I never knew this even happened.
maroon barchetta
I just remember it taking forever for any Star Wars movie to hit VHS or make it to HBO and never could understand why.
YouBet
AG
pocketrockets06 said:

I've been thinking that the problems in the running chase scenes in Obi Wan were probably caused by that. Like if you were shooting those scenes outdoors where people can run full speed over whatever distance you need, fine. In a fixed volume, you have to run slower to not hit the edge of the set before the time allocated for the chase.
I guess I hadn't forgotten about The Volume and assumed that was just for Mandalorian for some reason. If they used it here then that seems like a dumb decision.

Of course, it was a dumb decision to ever have a grown man who is a Jedi not be able to catch a 10 yr old that runs like a 3 yr old in the first place.
jeffk
AG
pocketrockets06 said:

They should have just had them run in circles around a room while yackety sax played in the background.
First Page Last Page
Page 1129 of 1298

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.