Star Wars Discussion Thread

6,644,651 Views | 45410 Replies | Last: 2 days ago by TCTTS
JCRiley09
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Just like Book of Boba Fett, the second half is about entirely different characters than the title character.
kdm_01
AG
Young Leia has plenty of charisma. I wouldn't be surprised to see season 2+ focus on her parh to becoming a senator.
redline248
AG
And still call it Obi-Wan Kenobi?
Duncan Idaho
Well to be fair, the book of boba Fett was at least 50% Din....80% if you only include the good parts.
The Porkchop Express
AG
redline248 said:

How about ANH with voiceover commentary by Ewan McGregor as a bitter Obi-Wan Kenobi bagging on Vader, bagging on Uncle Owen, kind of like when Kylo Ren used to "review" trailers?

Life is better with a beagle
Urban Ag
AG
redline248 said:

Star Wars: The Inter-Galactic Adventures of Young Princess Leia
Come along for an epic hyper space ride as we follow the inspiring story of how an orphaned being that identifies as female rose to be a powerful senator before she was even old enough to buy a Blue Milk. With her spunky little droid Lola at her side and always under the watchful eye of cisgendered but non threatening, Jedi Master Obi Wan Kenobi, no challenge is too great for our sassy little princess! Coming to a galaxy near you, Fall 2023. Only on Disney+

jokershady
AG
Saw a video with the actor who played the youngling who spoke to Anikan right before getting killed in RotS where he chatted about seeing Hayden again…..friends convinced him to say the same line from the movie to him and Hayden replied back, "Oh? You survived!"

Dude is quiet and out of the spotlight but seems like such a cool dude
The Collective
AG
twilly
AG
The Collective said:

"And now you've upset Shroomboy"

AliasMan02
AG
kdm_01 said:

Young Leia has plenty of charisma. I wouldn't be surprised to see season 2+ focus on her parh to becoming a senator.

There's a whole "Junior Senate" thing that is super contrived and dumb, but it exists. Think they even reference it offhand in the Kenobi series.
AliasMan02
AG
Here's my new show pitch to Disney. In another series, probably Mando, introduce live action Hondo Ohnaka. He'll be an instant fan favorite. Then give him a new series called something outrageous like "Hondo, Glorious King of Scoundrels."

The series is a sort of All Stars series. One-off episodes where Hondo is always into some scheme or trouble and he ends up running across famous characters from all three trilogies. This works because we know him from back in Clone Wars and he's still around on Batuu (Galaxy's Edge) during the Sequel era.

Maybe in an episode he's teamed up with Lando on a smuggling run. Ezra calls in a favor as the Ghost crew needs to borrow a ship to smuggle some Rebellion goods. Another he gets hijacked by a crew of familiar pirates led by Tobias Beckett. He ends up crashed in a war zone and he and Luke end up having to help each other escape. He sells some bad information to Poe and Finn and gets wrapped up in a caper to rip off the FO. Etc.

No pressure of long arcs or persistent stories. Just fun adventures with the draw of some big names.
gougler08
AG
AliasMan02 said:

Here's my new show pitch to Disney. In another series, probably Mando, introduce live action Hondo Ohnaka. He'll be an instant fan favorite. Then give him a new series called something outrageous like "Hondo, Glorious King of Scoundrels."

The series is a sort of All Stars series. One-off episodes where Hondo is always into some scheme or trouble and he ends up running across famous characters from all three trilogies. This works because we know him from back in Clone Wars and he's still around on Batuu (Galaxy's Edge) during the Sequel era.

Maybe in an episode he's teamed up with Lando on a smuggling run. Ezra calls in a favor as the Ghost crew needs to borrow a ship to smuggle some Rebellion goods. Another he gets hijacked by a crew of familiar pirates led by Tobias Beckett. He ends up crashed in a war zone and he and Luke end up having to help each other escape. He sells some bad information to Poe and Finn and gets wrapped up in a caper to rip off the FO. Etc.

No pressure of long arcs or persistent stories. Just fun adventures with the draw of some big names.
Live action Hondo would be outstanding, his appearances in Clone Wars and Rebels are always great
Belton Ag
AG
There is a live action Hondo out there. In Galaxy's Edge at Millennium Falcon: Smuggler's Run, Hondo appears on screen for a minute or so.
AliasMan02
AG
Belton Ag said:

There is a live action Hondo out there. In Galaxy's Edge at Millennium Falcon: Smuggler's Run, Hondo appears on screen for a minute or so.

I knew they had the animatronic one. Didn't know they had one with a live actor as well.
Belton Ag
AG
AliasMan02 said:

Belton Ag said:

I knew they had the animatronic one. Didn't know they had one with a live actor as well.
Yep, the animatronic Hondo is in the ride queue, live action is in the ride itself.
heddleston
AG
Stuck at home with a sick kid this week, so I decided it was finally time to introduce a new star wars movie to them. I took a deep breath and pressed play on AotC for the first time since i saw it in the theater way back when. Was it 'good'? no. Did it have some super fun and awesome action scenes? Yep. I didnt hate it near as much as i thought i would, but more importantly, I have now started Clone Wars with my kids. Only 3 episodes in and I think I'm more hooked than they are.
cbr
AG
heddleston said:

Stuck at home with a sick kid this week, so I decided it was finally time to introduce a new star wars movie to them. I took a deep breath and pressed play on AotC for the first time since i saw it in the theater way back when. Was it 'good'? no. Did it have some super fun and awesome action scenes? Yep. I didnt hate it near as much as i thought i would, but more importantly, I have now started Clone Wars with my kids. Only 3 episodes in and I think I'm more hooked than they are.
well, just wait till the last few episodes! they are some of the best SW ever. and i never thought i would say that, and only got drug into watching CW when i was recently sick.
redline248
AG
How old are your kids and how did they handle Jango losing his head?
The Porkchop Express
AG
If you like MMOPRGs, I am having an absolute blast playing the rebuilt Star Wars Galaxies. I played it on its paid subscription from 2003-2006. You can play totally for free now by following the directions here:

https://swglegends.com/getting-started.php

You need a version of the game, but you can download it free on Steam - though it will take a few hours. Whether you played it before or not, it's wonderful nostalgia, and one of my favorite games because there is so much more to do than just kill monsters - you can own a store, make clothes, make furniture, be a chef, build starships, dance, play an instrument, be a scout, all kinds of fun stuff, and it's got all your favorite planets and Star Wars icons.

The US server is the Omega server - hit me up for a PM if you need help figuring it out or want to hang out in-game.
heddleston
AG
6 and 4, the 4 year old was too busy being amped up by the battle and jumping around fighting his own war to notice, the 6 year old just went 'whoa' and moved on. it kinda happens out of nowhere and isnt gory or anything so she never said anything about it afterwards.
The Porkchop Express
AG
I got some great artwork for Christmas but we moved shortly thereafter and I just now finally got it framed and on the walls. Enjoy!

The one on the far left is Luke and Rey on Ach-To, and when you turn the lights off it turns into Luke, Yoda, and Obi-Wan's ghost on Dagobah.

And for my fellow Roland Deschain cultists.

redline248
AG
Mandalorian helmet drawing is the crown jewel of that collection
The Porkchop Express
AG
redline248 said:

Thanks! I've been working really hard this year on staying inside the lines.
redline248
AG
Lol
ChipFTAC01
AG
Saw this hat the other day
Iowaggie
AG
This is probably old, but...

The Porkchop Express
AG
Really cool update from Tony Gilroy on Andor

The first season will cover 1 year of Cassian's life (12 episodes), but the second season will jump a year every 3 episodes so that it covers 4 years leading right up to Rogue One.

https://gizmodo.com/star-wars-andor-timeline-season-2-disney-plus-1849140403
jokershady
AG
heddleston said:

oh dude just wait.....this show adds so much context to the prequels it's incredible and if you haven't shown your kids RotS yet.....DON'T!!! get through this entire series with them then watch RotS......or.......

take a pole texags

should he watch SEASON 7 with his kids:

1. before

or

2. after

showing his kids RotS???
The Porkchop Express
AG
Your mom likes to take a pole.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Why would anyone watch Obi-Wan before ROTS? That robs the series of most of its emotional resonance.
The Collective
AG
Brian Earl Spilner said:

Why would anyone watch Obi-Wan before ROTS? That robs the series of most of its emotional resonance.

Might as well start with Caravan of Courage.
JCRiley09
AG
He's talking about season 7 of clone wars
double aught
AG
redline248 said:

My dear seven year old daughter drew this for me last month. It's now a prized possession.

I said "Oh, he's eating popcorn!" to which she replied "Those are chicken nuggets, daddy". Boy, did I feel stupid.

jokershady
AG
JCRiley09 said:

He's talking about season 7 of clone wars
this
maroon barchetta
double aught said:

redline248 said:

My dear seven year old daughter drew this for me last month. It's now a prized possession.

I said "Oh, he's eating popcorn!" to which she replied "Those are frog nuggets, daddy". Boy, did I feel stupid.

FIFH
First Page Last Page
Page 1126 of 1298

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.