Star Wars Discussion Thread

6,611,719 Views | 45385 Replies | Last: 29 sec ago by maroon barchetta
Brian Earl Spilner
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG

Chipotlemonger
AG
What the hell is Ulrich smoking with those takes on Rogue One?
The Porkchop Express
AG
Taking my daughter to see the Houston Symphony play the ROTJ soundtrack while the movie shows on the big screen next month.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
The Porkchop Express
AG
Brian Earl Spilner said:

My favorite thing about JW was him showing up to pay tribute to Carrie Fisher at SW Celebration '17

Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Well, Boba Fett is over.

I'll take my Obi-Wan trailer now, please.
YouBet
AG
I haven't watched any Fett since the second episode. I've been mentally prepping myself to dive back into it to see if it gets any better and brave that thread which has gotten massive commentary.
maroon barchetta
YouBet said:

I haven't watched any Fett since the second episode. I've been mentally prepping myself to dive back into it to see if it gets any better and brave that thread which has gotten massive commentary.

I've been avoiding that thread all day.
PatAg
AG
TCTTS said:

With all of this Rogue One love - deservedly so - it's worth pointing out that Tony Gilory, who came in and essentially saved/rewrote/reshot R1, is also in charge of Andor. Gilory wrote and directed one of the best movies of the 2000's, Michael Clayton, wrote most of the Bourne movies, and is not at all a Star Wars fanboy. To that end, I think Andor is going to feel very different from The Mandalorian and The Book of Boba Fett - probably a lot more cinematic and "adult" and obviously more in-line with the look/feel/vibe of Rogue One, which I could not be more excited for. Andor might not have quite the fan-servicey highs of Mando or BOBF, but I think overall it'll be a better, more consistent series throughout.
There is more than enough room to have movies set in the star wars universe that aren't exactly like the original trilogy.
There are certain aspects of the universe it should incorporate, but the look and feel dont have to mimic what we have seen so far either.

Andor has a chance to be a great series that just happens to be set in this cinematic world. We could get spy movies, detective type movies, standard action, drama, imo there is no reason every star wars movie has to be the same genre.
The Porkchop Express
AG
Ewan McGregor interview today with Forbes.

"Oh my gosh, well I loved playing him again. I mean it's quite interesting, after the experience of making the first three films and living through sort of their reception in the world, which wasn't always glowing, I have to say. And then now, meeting the generation who we made those films for, the children then and now, people in their late teens or early 20s, those people who were kids who we made those films for, they loved them. To them, they're their Star Wars films, you know? For us, it was the original films of the '70s, but for them, it was our films were their Star Wars. So to step back into his shoes again now and do a series, a whole series about Obi-Wan Kenobi for those fans, it just makes me really happy."

"It was a great experience. Deborah Chow directed all the episodes and she's really good. She directed a couple [episodes] of The Mandalorian and she's a really great director. She really knows the Star Wars world, inside out, far more than I do (laughs). We just had a great time. I think it's no secret that Hayden Christensen comes back and we got to play scenes together again as Obi-Wan Kenobi and Anakin Skywalker and it was just fantastic to work with him again. I'm not going to give away anything else about the storyline, only I think it's really going to satisfy Star Wars fans. I always felt there was a story between Episode III where I finished playing Obi-Wan in the movies and Episode IV where Alec Guinness is Obi-Wan Kenobi. The [Obi-Wan Kenobi series] writers and Deb and I and everyone, I think we crafted or they crafted a very fine storyline. I think people are going to like it."
YNWA_AG
AG
TCTTS said:

Yeah, Moon Knight really screwed a potential May the 4th premiere. That said, the 25th does make a lot of sense. Not only for the reason you mention, but Memorial Day Weekend begins two days later - making for a big, summer holiday release - and Star Wars Celebration is the 26th through the 29th, so they could have all kinds of Obi-Wan panels, premiere events, etc that same weekend.

You nailed it
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
What a missed opportunity.
Saxsoon
AG
helloimustbegoing said:

Ewan McGregor interview today with Forbes.

"Oh my gosh, well I loved playing him again. I mean it's quite interesting, after the experience of making the first three films and living through sort of their reception in the world, which wasn't always glowing, I have to say. And then now, meeting the generation who we made those films for, the children then and now, people in their late teens or early 20s, those people who were kids who we made those films for, they loved them. To them, they're their Star Wars films, you know? For us, it was the original films of the '70s, but for them, it was our films were their Star Wars. So to step back into his shoes again now and do a series, a whole series about Obi-Wan Kenobi for those fans, it just makes me really happy."

"It was a great experience. Deborah Chow directed all the episodes and she's really good. She directed a couple [episodes] of The Mandalorian and she's a really great director. She really knows the Star Wars world, inside out, far more than I do (laughs). We just had a great time. I think it's no secret that Hayden Christensen comes back and we got to play scenes together again as Obi-Wan Kenobi and Anakin Skywalker and it was just fantastic to work with him again. I'm not going to give away anything else about the storyline, only I think it's really going to satisfy Star Wars fans. I always felt there was a story between Episode III where I finished playing Obi-Wan in the movies and Episode IV where Alec Guinness is Obi-Wan Kenobi. The [Obi-Wan Kenobi series] writers and Deb and I and everyone, I think we crafted or they crafted a very fine storyline. I think people are going to like it."
I was Anakin's age when Phantom Menace came out. Loved the originals, but the prequels hold a special place in my heart.
YNWA_AG
AG

Keegan99
AG
Nice touch on the "I" in "KENOBI".
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
That didn't take long. Ramping things up with Boba Fett done.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
TCTTS
AG
YNWA_AG said:

twilly
AG
We are now officially on trailer watch!
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Guys, we might get a canon version of something like this...

jeffk
AG
Okay, you're a Jedi in hiding. Do you choose to live on:

A) a desert planet like Tatooine
B) a swamp planet like Dagobah
C) an ice planet like Hoth
D) other - please explain below
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Naboo
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
jokershady
AG
The death by snu-snu planet
TCTTS
AG
Brian Earl Spilner said:

You're crazy.

Memorial Day Weekend 2022 just became the most anticipated pop culture weekend in years, if not ever.

We get OBI-WAN and MAVERICK back-to-back, within a 48-hour period.

One from the comfort of our couch, one in glorious IMAX.

I am absolutely beside myself right now.

TCTTS
AG
twilly said:

We are now officially on trailer watch!

It has to be Super Bowl at this point.
TCTTS
AG
The 25th also falls a bit more in-line with the prequel release window (5/19, 5/16, and 5/19 respectively). Yes, TPM sucked, but the lead-up to it was one of the best movie anticipation periods of all time. This is starting to have a similar, prequel-hype vibe, in the best way, only with the hope and expectations of a much better outcome.
twilly
AG
Expensive time-slot on a non-Disney network. I wouldn't count on it.

Also, all the commercial time sold out a few weeks back. If an Obi-Wan trailer was booked for the SB, no way that wouldn't have been leaked.
jeffk
AG
Brian Earl Spilner said:

Naboo

Yousa not gonna bees in a hidin for long.
Flashdiaz
AG
Brian Earl Spilner said:

Guys, we might get a canon version of something like this...

He said he got to work with Anakin Skywalker, not Vader.
jackie childs
jeffk said:

Okay, you're a Jedi in hiding. Do you choose to live on:

A) a desert planet like Tatooine
B) a swamp planet like Dagobah
C) an ice planet like Hoth
D) other - please explain below
Dantooine. if it was too remote for Tarkin to consider it a target, that's where i'd hide.

biggest downside is that's a long trip to Ryloth to party with the twi'leks
TCTTS
AG
twilly said:

Expensive time-slot on a non-Disney network. I wouldn't count on it.

Also, all the commercial time sold out a few weeks back. If an Obi-Wan trailer was booked for the SB, no way that wouldn't have been leaked.

Eh, neither of those are really factors. I'm not saying it's absolutely going to air, but, for instance, Disney debuted the first Solo footage in a 30-second spot during the 2018 Super Bowl on NBC (a non-Disney network), for a project that was coming out in May. So there's definitely precedent there. Also, not all of the movie spots leak, as there have been plenty of surprises before. We know Disney has purchased at least three spots, but even a publication like Deadline doesn't yet know exactly which three properties they'll be promoting.
twilly
AG
Forgot about the Solo trailer....you may be right.

But since Solo didn't quite go to plan, they may not follow that promotion paradigm.
TCTTS
AG
TCTTS said:

The 25th also falls a bit more in-line with the prequel release window (5/19, 5/16, and 5/19 respectively). Yes, TPM sucked, but the lead-up to it was one of the best movie anticipation periods of all time. This is starting to have a similar, prequel-hype vibe, in the best way, only with the hope and expectations of a much better outcome.

Oh, and May 25th also marks the 45th anniversary of the release of A New Hope.
YNWA_AG
AG
TCTTS said:

Brian Earl Spilner said:

You're crazy.

Memorial Day Weekend 2022 just became the most anticipated pop culture weekend in years, if not ever.

We get OBI-WAN and MAVERICK back-to-back, within a 48-hour period.

One from the comfort of our couch, one in glorious IMAX.

I am absolutely beside myself right now.

Batman
Moon knight
Dr strange
Obi wan
Top gun

All back 2 back is a pretty fun run starting in march
First Page Last Page
Page 1084 of 1297

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.