Star Wars Discussion Thread

6,611,449 Views | 45382 Replies | Last: 17 hrs ago by YouBet
TCTTS
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
No doubt.
The Collective
AG
Maybe they will do something completely dumbfounding and premiere it during GMA.
Cinco Ranch Aggie
AG
TCTTS said:

The 25th also falls a bit more in-line with the prequel release window (5/19, 5/16, and 5/19 respectively). Yes, TPM sucked, but the lead-up to it was one of the best movie anticipation periods of all time. This is starting to have a similar, prequel-hype vibe, in the best way, only with the hope and expectations of a much better outcome.
The 25th is literally the day that Star Wars came out. Jedi as well.
YouBet
AG
jackie childs said:

jeffk said:

Okay, you're a Jedi in hiding. Do you choose to live on:

A) a desert planet like Tatooine
B) a swamp planet like Dagobah
C) an ice planet like Hoth
D) other - please explain below
Dantooine. if it was too remote for Tarkin to consider it a target, that's where i'd hide.

biggest downside is that's a long trip to Ryloth to party with the twi'leks
I have to admit Hera has become kind of special to me.
TCTTS
AG
Cinco Ranch Aggie said:

TCTTS said:

The 25th also falls a bit more in-line with the prequel release window (5/19, 5/16, and 5/19 respectively). Yes, TPM sucked, but the lead-up to it was one of the best movie anticipation periods of all time. This is starting to have a similar, prequel-hype vibe, in the best way, only with the hope and expectations of a much better outcome.

Which I also noted a few posts later.
The Porkchop Express
AG
TCTTS said:

Cinco Ranch Aggie said:

TCTTS said:

Which I also noted a few posts later.
I think A New Hope also came out on the 25th!
maroon barchetta
TCTTS said:

TCTTS said:

Oh, and May 25th also marks the 45th anniversary of the release of A New Hope.

You mean the 45th anniversary of Star Wars.
SpreadsheetAg
AG
jeffk said:

Okay, you're a Jedi in hiding. Do you choose to live on:

A) a desert planet like Tatooine
B) a swamp planet like Dagobah
C) an ice planet like Hoth
D) other - please explain below

D) does The Galaxy have a Las Vegas style planet? Full of women and booze?
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
We don't talk about Canto Bight.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
YNWA_AG said:

By the way, this is now my phone wallpaper until May.
CoachRTM
AG
Brian Earl Spilner said:

We joke, but the Star Wars universe is so vast that I guarantee this thread could write a really good Disney+ series centered around Canto Bright.
C@LAg
YNWA_AG said:

TCTTS said:

Yeah, Moon Knight really screwed a potential May the 4th premiere. That said, the 25th does make a lot of sense. Not only for the reason you mention, but Memorial Day Weekend begins two days later - making for a big, summer holiday release - and Star Wars Celebration is the 26th through the 29th, so they could have all kinds of Obi-Wan panels, premiere events, etc that same weekend.

You nailed it
I nailed it.
TCTTS
AG
Ha, I meant to respond to that. I was just riding your coattails!
C@LAg
jackie childs
CoachRTM said:

Brian Earl Spilner said:

We joke, but the Star Wars universe is so vast that I guarantee this thread could write a really good Disney+ series centered around Canto Bright.
easy...set it right after Qi'ra dumps Han in Solo. it's just Han and Chewie strolling around Canto Bight with Chewie roaring "you're so money" to Han as he leaves countless voicemails for Qi'ra.
The Collective
AG
jackie childs said:

it's just Han and Chewie strolling around Canto Bight with Chewie roaring "you're so money" to Han as he leaves countless voicemails for Qi'ra.

Chewie playing a Vince Vaughn type role sounds amazing.
CoachRTM
AG
A series centered around Lando (Donald Glover) spending extended time at Canto Bright might be immediately my favorite Star Wars series.
The Collective
AG
CoachRTM said:

A series centered around Lando (Donald Glover) spending extended time at Canto Bright might be immediately my favorite Star Wars series.

Series title: Hide Yo Droids.
The Porkchop Express
AG
How About Lando's 11? Robbing the vault at Canto Bight on the night of the big Boonta Eve Pod Race.

Lando
Han
Chewie
Lobot
Nien Nunb
Wedge
Q'ira
Max Reebo
Salacious M. Crumb
Sabine Wren
IG-88

jackie childs
or while we're at it, Han, Chewie and Lando go to Canto Bight for Lobot's bachelor party, only to wake up with absolutely no idea what happened the night before or where Lobot is now
ChipFTAC01
AG
Mike Tyson punches Chewie in the face and Chewie rips his arms off.
SpreadsheetAg
AG
jackie childs said:

or while we're at it, Han, Chewie and Lando go to Canto Bight for Lobot's bachelor party, only to wake up with absolutely no idea what happened the night before or where Lobot is now
redline248
AG
jackie childs said:

Just call it the Han-over
YouBet
AG
CoachRTM said:

Brian Earl Spilner said:

It's Canto Blight in my world....
SpreadsheetAg
AG
I wonder if Disney can swallow the bitter pill and admit it made a mistake with ST…

Pros:
1. Better more fluid story can be told as replacement
2. More $ for Disney with retcon trilogy
3. Luke can be the mentor and hero he should be made out to be
4. Renewed enthusiasm for the franchise

Cons:
1. Carrie Fisher can't participate
2. All the other actors who were involved get bumped to the memory hole (bad for them, good for fans)

I'm sure there are more.

I'd really like to get Lucas' outline / drafts for what 7-9 should have been in his mind… never thought I'd say that. But I think the Technology and Supporting functions are finally there to make his stories and galaxy absolutely great (I.e. the volume, not green screens, etc)
The Porkchop Express
AG
SpreadsheetAg said:

I wonder if Disney can swallow the bitter pill and admit it made a mistake with ST…

Pros:

Cons:
2. All the other actors who were involved get bumped to the memory hole (bad for them, good for fans)

I'm sure there are more.

I'd really like to get Lucas' outline / drafts for what 7-9 should have been in his mind… never thought I'd say that. But I think the Technology and Supporting functions are finally there to make his stories and galaxy absolutely great (I.e. the volume, not green screens, etc)
Send that to Disney's execs, I'm sure they could use a laugh.
Cinco Ranch Aggie
AG
Quote:

Carrie Fisher can't participate
But a representation of her certainly can (and will result in lots of griping from the TA gallery I'm sure)
twilly
AG
redline248 said:

jackie childs said:

Just call it the Han-over
I like the idea of Lobot waking up from a drunken stupor screaming, "How the **** did I get this THING attached to my head?"
CoachRTM
AG
Yea, they might believe that they made some mistakes and could have gone different ways on certain things, etc.

But they're never going to "undo" the sequel trilogy like a lot of fans want. (Not saying you specifically are)

Love them or hate them, the sequel trilogy movies made a ton of money and there are a lot of kids right now (girls especially) that have their new heroes. (Rey, Poe, Finn, etc.).
maroon barchetta
CoachRTM said:

Yea, they might believe that they made some mistakes and could have gone different ways on certain things, etc.

But they're never going to "undo" the sequel trilogy like a lot of fans want. (Not saying you specifically are)

Love them or hate them, the sequel trilogy movies made a ton of money and there are a lot of kids right now (girls especially) that have their new heroes. (Rey, Poe, Rose, Finn, etc.).
jokershady
AG
Flashdiaz said:

Brian Earl Spilner said:

Guys, we might get a canon version of something like this...

He said he got to work with Anakin Skywalker, not Vader.
from a certain point of view….
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Flashdiaz said:

Brian Earl Spilner said:

Guys, we might get a canon version of something like this...

He said he got to work with Anakin Skywalker, not Vader.
Boy have I got some news for you...
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Keegan99
AG
You'll never find a more wretched hive of gaffers and grips.
YouBet
AG
SpreadsheetAg said:

Pros:

Cons:

I'm sure there are more.

They won't but I wish they would. We might have to wait for the current generations to die off which includes us.

Also, FTR, I think Lucas's ideas for his ST were kind of BSC if I remember correctly.....Didn't he want to go microscopic and have a story play out at the cellular level or some crazy **** like that?

Like a Honey I Shrunk the Kids version of Star Wars? Did I dream that? Maybe I did.
First Page Last Page
Page 1085 of 1297

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.