Star Wars Discussion Thread

6,611,952 Views | 45385 Replies | Last: 1 hr ago by maroon barchetta
Ulrich
How long do you want to ignore this user?
TCTTS said:

I'm good. I've read exactly one EU Star Wars book - whichever one came out just before AOTC, about Obi-Wan and Anakin on some adventure - it was terrible, and I doubt I ever read another again.

Sounds like Labyrinth of Evil or The Approaching Storm, probably the latter. There's a few schlocky ones set in that time period, I don't think the prequel trilogy resulted in anyones best work.
ChipFTAC01
AG
What's the general take on the Tales from Jabba Palace/Mo's Eisley Cantina/a third one I can't remember.

I enjoyed them especially the way they built upon stories often with ery different story telling styles and fleshed out characters that were largely just window dressing.
SpreadsheetAg
AG
Tales of the Bounty Hunters is the third (and best) one: Boba; Dengar; 4-LOM; IG88; Bossk

I also really liked the Biba Fett trilogy: Hard Merchandise, etc.
The Porkchop Express
AG
TCTTS said:

The Approaching Storm. That was the one. And there's the wheat!

Mace Windu gives it a shout out in the opening scene in Palpy's office "That's possible, he's just returned from a mission on Ansion."

Man, of all the books you could have tried out, what a ****ty choice!
TCTTS
AG
I was 20 or 21 and was certain Lucas was going to right the wrongs of The Phantom Menace with Attack of the Clones. It was going to be darker and more action-packed, with no annoying little kid and a lot less Jar-Jar. In short, it was going to be AWESOME. I was also updating the Episode II "scriptment" for theforce.net at the time, so, in my anticipation, and wanting to have has much background/context as possible, I read what was billed as the Attack of the Clones "prequel," The Approaching Storm. A sh*tty choice indeed. On multiple levels.
redline248
AG
If I remember correctly, Obi-Wan was the one who sang, and Anakin did some interpretive force dance with his lightsaber floating and swirling around.

That actually is the most memorable part of that entire book, and I had forgotten it until just now
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Dude. Literally the worst book to be your first.

You gotta read Lords of the Sith to get that taste out of your mouth. A great Vader story.
Maveric
AG
redline248 said:

If I remember correctly, Obi-Wan was the one who sang, and Anakin did some interpretive force dance with his lightsaber floating and swirling around.

That actually is the most memorable part of that entire book, and I had forgotten it until just now
Yeah, I think you are right. That was definitely a bad book.
Ag Since 83
AG
So glad I stopped reading new EU books right about the time Episode I came out / New Jedi Order started

Years later I did read NJO and some of Zahn's later books (I think Anakin and Obi-Wan have a small appearance in Outbound Flight as I recall)
YouBet
AG
I see the problem. The author is Alan Dean Foster. I thought he had died 20 years ago.

He also wrote Splinter of a Mind's Eye which is probably the most famous of the early Star Wars novels. It's f'ing trash as well.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
jokershady
AG
WOAH! Hayden getting some more love is awesome! the fight itself starts around the 3 minute mark but so awesome to see this....gets me excited for what could possibly be coming with him in Obiwan

The Collective
AG
Brilliant.
TCTTS
AG
Never mind I'm an idiot.
TCTTS
AG
Star Wars announced an f-ing Obi-Wan comic book for May and for a split second I thought they were announcing the show for May. It's like they're purposely screwing with us at this point.
The Porkchop Express
AG
TCTTS said:

Star Wars announced an f-ing Obi-Wan comic book for May and for a split second I thought they were announcing the show for May. It's like they're purposely screwing with us at this point.

Once again solidifying the theory that you are illiterate and all your posts are talk to text with a mic.
TCTTS
AG
I have no idea what this means.
maroon barchetta
TCTTS said:

Ditto.

Someone check to see if his CO detector is working. I think his furnace has a crack in the exchanger.
The Porkchop Express
AG
TCTTS said:

I've been proposing the theory for several months that you are illiterate, despite your intense knowledge of entertainment, and that is your real reason for never reading the novel of Dune.

Now you're mad that it's just a comic book of Obi-Wan instead of the show, because you can't read, so you're upset because that medium is worthless for you.

TCTTS
AG
Ha, sorry I made you explain the joke, but now that you have, I get it, and find it humorous.

The Porkchop Express
AG
TCTTS said:

Ha, sorry I made you explain the joke, but now that you have, I get it, and find it humorous.

TCTTS
AG
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
SpreadsheetAg
AG
jokershady
AG
tk for tu juan
twilly
AG
Lot here, but thought this was interesting. Graphic that shows how George Lucas and his companies, have impacted the film industry.

YNWA_AG
AG
TCTTS said:

TCTTS
AG
C@LAg
May the 4th IS a Wednesday.

But Moon Knight is still showing then.

May 25th (original SW release date is also a Wednesday.
TCTTS
AG
Yeah, Moon Knight really screwed a potential May the 4th premiere. That said, the 25th does make a lot of sense. Not only for the reason you mention, but Memorial Day Weekend begins two days later - making for a big, summer holiday release - and Star Wars Celebration is the 26th through the 29th, so they could have all kinds of Obi-Wan panels, premiere events, etc that same weekend.
TCTTS
AG
I just realized that's also the same weekend as Top Gun: Maverick. Imagine getting to watch Obi-Wan and Top Gun on back-to-back days, heading into a big, summer holiday weekend. Could be the greatest movie/TV/pop culture weekend in years.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Lot of people starting to run the Obi-Wan in May story, but still nothing official right?

Still, where there's smoke, there's fire.

I called for a trailer as soon as Boba Fett ends. Fingers crossed.
TCTTS
AG
Nothing official yet, but when a trade like The Hollywood Reporter is confident enough to print it, it's basically a done deal. They're almost never wrong.
First Page Last Page
Page 1081 of 1297

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.