Star Wars Discussion Thread

6,612,063 Views | 45385 Replies | Last: 3 hrs ago by maroon barchetta
jokershady
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Exactly! Couldn't be clearer!
The Porkchop Express
AG
Brian Earl Spilner said:

I mean if you wanted to live up there, you'd have to be some sort of sky .. walker.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
What are we some sort of suicide squad?
The Porkchop Express
AG
SpreadsheetAg
AG

Two Rocks

Cloud

Coffee / Caf

He's voice acting a character named Turoc Cloudcaff
Red Five
AG
helloimustbegoing said:

Those books ranged from instant classics to "I don't believe this author has seen 1 second of any Star Wars movie ever." It was a really frustrating time. Definitely no overall structure, almost like comic books, where you just found a new author who had half an idea "Killer bugs!" "Aliens who are immune to the Force!" "Han Solo's identical cousin!" and let them fire away

Zahn was almost always the best. Even his books that weren't that great of a story were really well written and understood the dynamic of needing the original characters to act like themselves and bring in new characters that were just as real. The sheer amount of fan favorites he created is staggering.

I'll fight anyone who has something bad to say about New Jedi Order.
The Porkchop Express
AG
Red Five said:

helloimustbegoing said:

Those books ranged from instant classics to "I don't believe this author has seen 1 second of any Star Wars movie ever." It was a really frustrating time. Definitely no overall structure, almost like comic books, where you just found a new author who had half an idea "Killer bugs!" "Aliens who are immune to the Force!" "Han Solo's identical cousin!" and let them fire away

Zahn was almost always the best. Even his books that weren't that great of a story were really well written and understood the dynamic of needing the original characters to act like themselves and bring in new characters that were just as real. The sheer amount of fan favorites he created is staggering.

You're not even in the top 100 of people I need to fight on TexAgs
tk for tu juan
Clue: Starbuck

Mark just found out that getting his rocks off on a partly cloudy day at a donor bank has resulted in 142 biological children
Red Five
AG
helloimustbegoing said:

Red Five said:

helloimustbegoing said:

Always the 101st bridesmaid, never the bride.
YouBet
AG
Red Five said:

helloimustbegoing said:

Red Five said:

helloimustbegoing said:

Always the 101st bridesmaid, never the bride.
You want I should kill you?
The Porkchop Express
AG
Red Five said:

helloimustbegoing said:

I really like those books, but they were written so divergently by the authors. They took a lot of bold steps though, particularly killing Anakin Solo and Chewbacca, and going all in on Vergere and Zonama Sekot. I always like that this was the first real incarnation of seeing a Jedi (Luke) with two lightsabers, something that they then brough to the screen with Anakin's brief duel with Dooku in AOTC.

The fact that the whole thing also starts with Mara already infected by Nom Amor made it hard to tell what was going on.
redline248
AG
helloimustbegoing said:

Red Five said:

helloimustbegoing said:

I really like those books, but they were written so divergently by the authors. They took a lot of bold steps though, particularly killing Anakin Solo and Chewbacca, and going all in on Vergere and Zonama Sekot. I always like that this was the first real incarnation of seeing a Jedi (Luke) with two lightsabers, something that they then brough to the screen with Anakin's brief duel with Dooku in AOTC.

The fact that the whole thing also starts with Mara already infected by Nom Amor made it hard to tell what was going on.
When I finally decided to start reading the expanded universe I did a little research on where to start after the Thrawn trilogy. The general feeling I got from various internet sources was that the new jedi order was a total mess. I skipped every single one of those.
Red Five
AG
redline248 said:

helloimustbegoing said:

Red Five said:

helloimustbegoing said:

When I finally decided to start reading the expanded universe I did a little research on where to start after the Thrawn trilogy. The general feeling I got from various internet sources was that the new jedi order was a total mess. I skipped every single one of those.

You chose poorly.
Hagen95
AG
I read the first New Jedi Order because I was a huge fan of RA Salvatore at the time and he wrote that one. As it progressed further, I lost interest and never finished all the books. I would pick one up at the bookstore, flip through it and just not see anything worth buying. It didn't help that they were cranking them out from various authors that didn't seem to have any cohesive story line to follow.
PatAg
AG
Hagen95 said:

I read the first New Jedi Order because I was a huge fan of RA Salvatore at the time and he wrote that one. As it progressed further, I lost interest and never finished all the books. I would pick one up at the bookstore, flip through it and just not see anything worth buying. It didn't help that they were cranking them out from various authors that didn't seem to have any cohesive story line to follow.
Most of that series of books was pretty poorly written, but I think it was worth a read overall. Some of the plot points were pretty neat and creative.
Red Five
AG
IMO Traitor by Matthew Stover is in the discussion for best Star Wars novel.
SpreadsheetAg
AG
I enjoyed the Yuzzhan Vong series a lot; it was weird and gave the Jedi a rival...

Was NJO the one where Jason goes Dark Side?

What was the series like 30 years ABY where Luke has and his son go galavanting throughout the Galaxy looking for force relics?
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Sigh.

Just his Mike Flanagan project that started filming. You knew what you were doing, Mark.

(Still very excited for any and all Flanagan projects.)
jokershady
AG
Wait! Hold up…..

Yes! There's more to this!

On that sign, if you take away the "V" and "A"….then take away some more letters….then add some letters….you get "Boba Fett *****es"!

It's on like bing bong!!
YouBet
AG
Brian Earl Spilner said:

Sigh.

Just his Mike Flanagan project that started filming. You knew what you were doing, Mark.

(Still very excited for any and all Flanagan projects.)
I haven't been this let down since my first encounter with the Miracle Bra.
Red Five
AG
SpreadsheetAg said:

What was the series like 30 years ABY where Luke has and his son go galavanting throughout the Galaxy looking for force relics?
#1 was the follow up to NJO called Legacy of the Force and #2 was the follow up to Legacy called Fate of the Jedi.
SpreadsheetAg
AG
Thanks ; got it
redline248
AG
Red Five said:

SpreadsheetAg said:

#1 was the follow up to NJO called Legacy of the Force and #2 was the follow up to Legacy called Fate of the Jedi.
How far did fate of the Jedi go? I feel like Disney bought Star Wars early in that series.

Legacy was awesome, though.
maroon barchetta

The Collective
AG
Thank the maker
maroon barchetta
maroon barchetta
That fembot looks kinda like Jocasta
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
So good.

https://reddit.com/r/StarWars/comments/shgy3a/test_footage_for_anakin_vs_obiwan_the_way_hayden/
The Porkchop Express
AG
SpreadsheetAg said:

I enjoyed the Yuzzhan Vong series a lot; it was weird and gave the Jedi a rival...

Did TC make you put those plot points in Spoiler tag?
TCTTS
AG
I'm good. I've read exactly one EU Star Wars book - whichever one came out just before AOTC, about Obi-Wan and Anakin on some adventure - it was terrible, and I doubt I ever read another again.
Maveric
AG
TCTTS said:

I'm good. I've read exactly one EU Star Wars book - whichever one came out just before AOTC, about Obi-Wan and Anakin on some adventure - it was terrible, and I doubt I ever read another again.

That was probably the one where Anakin sang a song as a gift to the people they were staying with on the planet, definitely not a good one to start with.
Ulrich
redline248 said:

helloimustbegoing said:

Red Five said:

helloimustbegoing said:

Traitor and The Unifying Force are two of my top favorite SW novels.
TCTTS
AG
Literally all I remember is, like, some kind of wheat on the cover? That's it. They were on a planet that grew Star Wars wheat. Or something. But yeah, that sounds about right.
TCTTS
AG
The Approaching Storm. That was the one. And there's the wheat!

First Page Last Page
Page 1080 of 1297

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.