Star Wars Discussion Thread

5,885,961 Views | 43962 Replies | Last: 10 hrs ago by The Porkchop Express
Brian Earl Spilner
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
C@LAg
Sine poena nulla lex.
Fat Bib Fortuna
AG
It's less than 24 hours until Interview #7, BUB.

SpreadsheetAg
AG
My wife would skip work too for that one...
TCTTS
AG
Wow. This is a big one. You might even say it's a... HUGH J interview.

TCTTS
AG
In all seriousness, I know a couple of people who've worked with him and everyone says he's the nicest guy in the business.
gougler08
AG
SpreadsheetAg said:

My wife would skip work too for that one...

+1, especially to hear his accent
Fat Bib Fortuna
AG
I'm going to ask him if he wouldn't mind singing a duet of "A Million Dreams" with me, with him dressed as Wolverine and me dressed as Magneto. Will let you know what he says.
Farmer1906
AG
I feel like "to the other side" would be more fitting for those two.
TCTTS
AG
TCTTS said:

Here's the other wrinkle...

The Cassian Andor series starts filming this month, which would put *it* coming out fall 2021 as well. So I wonder if Mandalorian S3 stays on track and starts filming this month or next too, or if they hold off a few months? Maybe they hold off and it's...

October/November 2021 = Untitled Cassian Andor Series

January/February 2022 = The Mandalorian Season 3

April/May 2022 = Untitled Obi-Wan Series

Something like that? Though, that wouldn't leave any room for any Marvel series for eight months, as I assume Disney wouldn't want to release Star Wars and Marvel series simultaneously. In other words, who knows how all of this plays out. I just know there's next to know chance Obi-Wan releases in '21.

We now have our answer to at least one of these questions. Season three of The Mandalorian is on schedule and set to begin shooting this year, which means Disney will be in production on two SW series simultaneously...

https://variety.com/2020/tv/news/star-wars-mandalorian-movie-pedro-pascal-jon-favreau-1234805417/
Duncan Idaho
This is the only star wars property I am looking forward to.

https://www.starwars.com/news/the-lego-star-wars-holiday-special-disney-plus-announce

Fat Bib Fortuna
AG
Hugh Jackman took time to say hello to my wife and our new puppy, Carlos Correa. And then introduced his wife to us.
Duncan Idaho
Please tell me you had a ryan reynolds picture in the background
ChipFTAC01
AG
I finished the last two episodes of Clone Wars last night. Holy crap. How they handled Order 66 and the aftermath was likely as emotional and exciting as anything I've ever watched on TV.
Fat Bib Fortuna
AG
Duncan Idaho said:

Please tell me you had a ryan reynolds picture in the background
The hardest thing about the interviews is feeling like you know these guys because you've seen so many of their movies and interviews and stuff they do on the Internet.

I've only got 2 left - next Wednesday and the Monday after Halloween and I'm going to have to do some meditation to calm the fuq down before both of them. When I did 3 in a week, I got into a good rhythym, but I can't get used to opening a Zoom call and here's ****in' Wolverine saying hello.
Duncan Idaho
How unprofessional would it be to pick a charity and get each of them to sign a copy to put up for auction?
Duncan Idaho
ChipFTAC01 said:

I finished the last two episodes of Clone Wars last night. Holy crap. How they handled Order 66 and the aftermath was likely as emotional and exciting as anything I've ever watched on TV.

Have you seen how Bone Wars handled Order 69?
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Saxsoon
AG
TCTTS said:

In all seriousness, I know a couple of people who've worked with him and everyone says he's the nicest guy in the business.
You ever seen this? This man has a heart of gold.

Saxsoon
AG
This is fascinating.

I am sure story beats would have been different and you can talk on the execution, but I am surprised Disney stuck with some of this.

I do want to see the reality though where Daisy Ridley was called Winkie

https://www.ign.com/articles/star-wars-luke-skywalker-death-george-lucas-episode-8
Aggie_Journalist
AG
Am I the only one who missed that Disney+ is spinning off a new animated series about the Bad Batch from the final season of Clone Wars that aired this summer?

https://www.ign.com/articles/star-wars-bad-batch-animated-series-clone-wars-spinoff-disney-plus
Thanks and gig'em
C@LAg
Sine poena nulla lex.
sburg2007
https://micky.com.au/the-mandalorian-season-3-starts-filming-disney-is-casting-for-ezra-bridgers-role/ Can't keep up with which rumor sites are legit, but it'd be interesting to see ezra on screen.
exitone
AG
sburg2007 said:

https://micky.com.au/the-mandalorian-season-3-starts-filming-disney-is-casting-for-ezra-bridgers-role/ Can't keep up with which rumor sites are legit, but it'd be interesting to see ezra on screen.

Yes. It's been a bit confusing. But I'm thinking he is set for a live action series of some sort. Possibly a season 3 Mando appearance with a new live action Rebels series. He has the look of an older Ezra, and that wouldn't be needed if it wasn't live action. Also, if it was animated, I'm assuming they would just get the previous voice actor.
I think with the recent shift in Disney towards Disney + and they want that to be their primary revenue stream, they have to keep a constant flow of SW and Marvel series flowing to keep the subscribers up.
sburg2007
I'm still playing catch up on clone wars, halfway through season 3, and have watched season 1 of rebels. I'm here for all the live action shows. Hate that' it's been a year since Mando premiered and that's all we've got.

Looking at who we've been introduced to so far, do t see any spin offs from season 1. Can't wait for the 30th
exitone
AG
If rumors hold true, then we will start to see a lot of the characters from CW and Rebels introduced this fall in Mando season2. I would recommend finishing CW, then finish out Rebels, and then watch season 2 of Mando. That will give you the complete story of everything you will see in Mando season 2. That is Ahsoka, Sabine, Wren and the darksaber. I think if you see all that first, you will have a big smile on your face when you see it in Mando. Only hard part is you would probably have to hold off a few weeks before starting Mando 2. But remember, it's a marathon, not a sprint. Enjoy it!
sburg2007
There is zero chance I'll be able to wait! I know most of the story lines now. However, with a 4 and 1 year old, tv watching is too far and few between.
YouBet
AG
I'll be able to finish CW before Mando S2, but no way I'll be able to wait on that and watch Rebels.

I'm on CW S6E8 so that shouldn't be a problem. Will probably knock out S6 this weekend.
ChipFTAC01
AG
Based on my experience, you'll fly through S7.
YouBet
AG
ChipFTAC01 said:

Based on my experience, you'll fly through S7.

Finished S6 last night. About to start S7 with my bike ride. Looks like this season is out of order so starting with E5.
ChipFTAC01
AG
Yep, although if you watched it in order vs ahsoka/bad batch/ last 4 it wouldn't really matter. It was nice to break up the ahsoka runs.
sburg2007
Wish I knew how out of order they are when I started.
YouBet
AG
sburg2007 said:

Wish I knew how out of order they are when I started.
One of the more baffling TV series things I've ever experienced, but I've complained about that enough on this thread over the years.
sburg2007
Telling a friend of mine about the series, I explained they were all sorts of thrown around order wise. He wants to start, and I am curious what website has the best order for him to get started? I know it is somewhere in here, but 900+ pages isn't something I like him enough to scroll through.
jbryan10
AG
I used this order:
https://www.reddit.com/r/StarWars/comments/35ex94/the_clone_wars_ultimate_episode_order/

Its pretty much chronological, but with a few other re-orders as well for pacing/storyline purposes. Ends with season 6, so I just watched season 7 in release order.
First Page Last Page
Page 985 of 1257

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.