Star Wars Discussion Thread

5,858,565 Views | 43819 Replies | Last: 58 min ago by TCTTS
veryfuller
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Staff
AG
Well, that is with heavy post production. Assuming they use "The Volume" on this show as well, most effects will be pre-production. So I bet we get this Fall 2021. Perhaps it'll air before season 3 of Mandolorian.
TCTTS
AG
Mandalorian S2 finished filming in February of this year. Eight half-hour episodes, so four hours of content, same as Obi-Wan, and post production is still taking them to October, if not later. So if Obi-Wan *starts* in March, it's highly unlikely it'd make a fall debut that same year. Also, I imagine they're going to want to stay consistent and continue releasing Mandalorian in the fall, and season three would be fall 2021. So I'd bet just about anything that Obi-Wan is a big, splashy, spring or summer 2022 release. Maybe even some kind of theatrical/Disney+ combo release.
TCTTS
AG
Here are the exact Mandalorian dates so far...

Season 1
Filming: October 2018 - March 2019
Post Production: March 2019 - November 12, 2019 (if not later for latter episodes)
= roughly 13 months from the beginning of filming to release

Season 2
Filming: November 2019 - February 2020
Post Production: February 2020 - October 30, 2020 (if not later for latter episodes)
= roughly 12 months from the beginning of filming to release

... which, if adhering to the same, general timeline, would put Obi-Wan releasing in March or April 2022.
TCTTS
AG
Here's the other wrinkle...

The Cassian Andor series starts filming this month, which would put *it* coming out fall 2021 as well. So I wonder if Mandalorian S3 stays on track and starts filming this month or next too, or if they hold off a few months? Maybe they hold off and it's...

October/November 2021 = Untitled Cassian Andor Series

January/February 2022 = The Mandalorian Season 3

April/May 2022 = Untitled Obi-Wan Series

Something like that? Though, that wouldn't leave any room for any Marvel series for eight months, as I assume Disney wouldn't want to release Star Wars and Marvel series simultaneously. In other words, who knows how all of this plays out. I just know there's next to know chance Obi-Wan releases in '21.
fig96
AG
veryfuller said:

Well, that is with heavy post production. Assuming they use "The Volume" on this show as well, most effects will be pre-production. So I bet we get this Fall 2021. Perhaps it'll air before season 3 of Mandolorian.
So that isn't really how it works.

Yes, shooting in a virtual production set up like they have does help a ton with background plates and lighting for VFX, but these shows still have thousands of VFX shots that have to be animated, rendered, and composited into the footage that's been shot.

From the animation supervisor:
Quote:

A big tentpole summer film, like say 'Avengers,' might be around 2,000 visual effects shots, and these series are a little shy of 4,000 visual effects shots for season 1, and season 2 is no different. We're doing them in around the same amount of time, maybe even less time, than a big summer film, plus we all have to work remotely. We're in the middle of that tsunami now, but we're going to get it all done, people are going to get their Baby Yoda, I promise.
https://screenrant.com/mandalorian-season-2-release-date-post-production-continuing/
TCTTS
Fat Bib Fortuna
AG
TODAY: Book Interview #6

Duncan Idaho
Ask him about this

Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Ewan looks more and more Jedi-like with each passing year.

Fat Bib Fortuna
AG
Bradley Cooper was one intense dude and called me by my first name every time he answered a question. And asked "Who's at the door?" when Amazon rang the doorbell during the call.

#7 has been moved up to Friday. Wife contemplating skipping work

redline248
AG
Chris Evans?
Clooney?
ChipFTAC01
AG
Chris Kattan. She's a huge Mango fan.
Fat Bib Fortuna
AG
redline248 said:

Chris Evans?
Clooney?

I read chris evans as chris o'donnell next to clooney. Was about to ask wtf was wrong with you lol
redline248
AG
MuckRaker96 said:

redline248 said:

Chris Evans?
Clooney?

I read chris evans as chris o'donnell next to clooney. Was about to ask wtf was wrong with you lol
I think you should ask wtf is wrong with yourself if your immediate inclination was to go to Batman and Robin
Saxsoon
AG
I remember posting one of those performances a long time ago here. Didn't get much traction. Glad it properly took off this time.

Nothing more wholesome than that dad,mom, daughter sexy dancing trio with dad's protege watching
Fat Bib Fortuna
AG
redline248 said:

MuckRaker96 said:

redline248 said:

Chris Evans?
Clooney?

I think you should ask wtf is wrong with yourself if your immediate inclination was to go to Batman and Robin
I went to see Batman & Robin one year after graduating from A&M with my best 2 friends from college (and still to this day). There was a huge line to get in to see it so we spent that time thinking of the all-time starting lineup for every baseball franchise that we could. One of my buddies was laughing so hard during the dramatic "telescope/mirror" finale that he got asked to leave the theater by an usher.
Saxsoon
AG
TCTTS said:

Would you be:

A) Embarrassed that your significant other performs at a theme park in a Star Wars-themed pop music dance troupe?

B) Turned on that your significant other performs at a theme park in a Star Wars-themed pop music dance troupe?

C) Neither.

D) Both.
If my significant other looked like that Leia or Padme, I would have her on my arm wherever we went. And ask that she sneak the costume off premises as much as possible.
ChipFTAC01
AG
I'm just starting the last 4 episodes of clone wars. The Bad Batch episodes were awesome. Love seeing Anakin and Ahsoka back together and seeing R2D2 reminds me how awful the droid episodes were in earlier seasons.
ChipFTAC01
AG
Holy ****! Ahsoka's hero landing on Mandalore!
dave94
AG
ChipFTAC01 said:

Holy ****! Ahsoka's hero landing on Mandalore!
Such a badass sequence!
Saxsoon
AG
Saxsoon said:

TCTTS said:

Would you be:

A) Embarrassed that your significant other performs at a theme park in a Star Wars-themed pop music dance troupe?

B) Turned on that your significant other performs at a theme park in a Star Wars-themed pop music dance troupe?

C) Neither.

D) Both.
If my significant other looked like that Leia or Padme, I would have her on my arm wherever we went. And ask that she sneak the costume off premises as much as possible.
I have been a Disney employee with a costume fyi.. .
Cinco Ranch Aggie
AG
Saxsoon said:

Saxsoon said:

TCTTS said:

Would you be:

C) Neither.

D) Both.
Oh yeah, which one?
YouBet
AG
Saxsoon said:

Saxsoon said:

TCTTS said:

Would you be:

C) Neither.

D) Both.
Ewok?
Saxsoon
AG
I will say wearing the slave bikini as a dude was really awkward.
Fat Bib Fortuna
AG
There is a really badass artist named Mark Englert who does lots of Star Wars stuff and other movies as well.

IO9 has previewed his latest work which goes on sale in about 1-1/2 hours and is going to be my self-bought Christmas present. It recreates a scene from Rise of Skywalker but with a hidden twist. When the lights are off it changes to a similar scene from Empire Strikes back. Observe.

His work is here along with several other artists. Several really cool Star Wars items go on sale at 11 am CDT doay.
YouBet
AG
MuckRaker96 said:

There is a really badass artist named Mark Englert who does lots of Star Wars stuff and other movies as well.

IO9 has previewed his latest work which goes on sale in about 1-1/2 hours and is going to be my self-bought Christmas present. It recreates a scene from Rise of Skywalker but with a hidden twist. When the lights are off it changes to a similar scene from Empire Strikes back. Observe.

His work is here along with several other artists. Several really cool Star Wars items go on sale at 11 am CDT doay.
That is badass.
Fat Bib Fortuna
AG
Asked my wife it was OK to buy it 2 hours after I bought it.
YNWA_AG
AG
TCTTS
AG
Was just about to post this, linked to a different source, which said they had been filming for six weeks before the shutdown. I had no idea. Rumor had them starting back up this month, but November 4th isn't too far behind. Great to hear. Also, the working title right now is Star Wars: Andor, but that's almost assuredly a place holder.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Fat Bib Fortuna
AG
Brian Earl Spilner said:

One of the top 5 highlights of watching the season premiere of the Bachelorette.
canadiaggie
AG
Brian Earl Spilner said:

Should include "Luke as a stormtrooper"
bluefire579
AG
Darth Vader goes grocery shopping
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
"Why?"
First Page Last Page
Page 984 of 1252

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.