Star Wars Discussion Thread

5,859,764 Views | 43819 Replies | Last: 7 hrs ago by TCTTS
tamusc
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I've struggled at times while playing the game in VR because I just keep looking around taking in everything. I still need to break out my HOTAS as I've just been playing with an Xbox controller.

My wife walked into my office while I was playing and laughed because I just had a huge grin on my face like I was a little kid, lol.
Azariah
AG
tamusc said:

I've struggled at times while playing the game in VR because I just keep looking around taking in everything. I still need to break out my HOTAS as I've just been playing with an Xbox controller.

My wife walked into my office while I was playing and laughed because I just had a huge grin on my face like I was a little kid, lol.
Same, my wife came into my office to get me to leave for a party. She watched me for a few minutes and then, with a smile, told me to meet her there when I was done.
redline248
AG
So you totally missed that party, right?
TCTTS
AG
TCTTS
AG
All canon, btw.
redline248
AG
That reminds me that we didn't get any sexy Star Wars outfits in the new trilogy.
TCTTS
AG
I still can't believe there wasn't a legit love story in all three sequel movies, either. The whole endeavor just felt so asexual and sterile, which is such a weird choice.
redline248
AG
Oh right, Rey and Ben's kiss was not romantic.
Decay
AG
Uh hello, Wide Kylo Ren
redline248
AG
I mean, the first movie put Finn and Rey in the on ramp, then Rian being Rian he gave us a detour for Finn and Rose AND Rey and Kylo? I guess? Oh and threw in a subtle, weirdly shot introduction for Rey and Poe that left some is going...is that a thing? Then we get the weird Finn about to profess his love to Rey before sinking in the desert and the stab - heal - stuff on the death star followed by the death kiss...

What a total clusterf-ck
Flashdiaz
AG
I suppose they thought if Lucas could make up the love story as he goes so could they.
Luke and Leia kiss in Ep IV.
and again ep V only to become his sister in Ep IV.

they were wrong...
Duncan Idaho
redline248 said:

That reminds me that we didn't get any sexy Star Wars outfits in the new trilogy.
Fake news

holdo was fine as ****
Fat Bib Fortuna
AG
double aught
AG
Lol at the guitar playing Ewok who comes into frame at the end.

redline248
AG
That is one fine ass Padme
TCTTS
AG
Would you be:

A) Embarrassed that your significant other performs at a theme park in a Star Wars-themed pop music dance troupe?

B) Turned on that your significant other performs at a theme park in a Star Wars-themed pop music dance troupe?

C) Neither.

D) Both.
Decay
AG
Ashoka that azz
tamusc
AG
TCTTS said:

Would you be:

A) Embarrassed that your significant other performs at a theme park in a Star Wars-themed pop music dance troupe?

B) Turned on that your significant other performs at a theme park in a Star Wars-themed pop music dance troupe?

C) Neither.

D) Both.

Depends on whether your SO is a Wookie or that Padme.
TCTTS
AG
Ha, let's say she's Padme. But the catch is that you have to tell everyone you know and meet that your girlfriend is in a Star Wars-themed pop music dance troupe that performs daily at Disney World. You can't just say she's a "dancer."
Flashdiaz
AG
Proud AF that my girlfriend is a dancer for a Star Wars themed show.... wife may be pissed though.
TCTTS
redline248
AG
I would ****ing brag so hard

"yeah, she wears that at home, too."
twilly
AG
For those interested in what the whole show looked like, here is the full clip from 2013 Star Wars Weekends at WDW. Better quality too.
Fat Bib Fortuna
AG
The 2017 collection of short stories from Star Wars called "From a Certain Point of View" was really ... not good. Weird choices for authors, bad stories, terrible word choices that had nothing to do with software, and a lot of forced gender/sexual preference stuff.

They've done a sequel for Empire and based on the excerpts, I am hopeful that they have made a course correction. Here are some cool excerpts and one hilarious one.

redline248
AG
Maul coming out to 2 Legit 2 quit was awesome.

...and I take it back. That Leia was smokin'
tamusc
AG
TCTTS said:

Ha, let's say she's Padme. But the catch is that you have to tell everyone you know and meet that your girlfriend is in a Star Wars-themed pop music dance troupe that performs daily at Disney World. You can't just say she's a "dancer."

B, especially if I can show them a picture or that clip above. Bonus if she can bring the outfit home.
Duncan Idaho
Can I get a padme supercut?
Maveric
AG
MuckRaker96 said:

The 2017 collection of short stories from Star Wars called "From a Certain Point of View" was really ... not good. Weird choices for authors, bad stories, terrible word choices that had nothing to do with software, and a lot of forced gender/sexual preference stuff.

They've done a sequel for Empire and based on the excerpts, I am hopeful that they have made a course correction. Here are some cool excerpts and one hilarious one.

I have tried to read that several times to no avail. The current crop of writers for Star Trek era books is exceedingly poor.
Fat Bib Fortuna
AG
Make Wars, Not Trek
Fat Bib Fortuna
AG
ski-man
AG
MuckRaker96 said:

Those were good!!
Let's go ski-man!
Fat Bib Fortuna
AG
Per the Disney dance video, alt-Duel of the Fates with 2 Legit 2 Quit is not bad.

Brian Earl Spilner
AG
TCTTS
AG

https://variety.com/2020/tv/news/ewan-mcgregor-disney-plus-obi-wan-kenobi-star-wars-1234800083/
TCTTS
AG
Big, summer blockbusters often start filming in the spring the year prior, so I'm guessing we finally see this around summer 2022? I seriously doubt they could have it ready by fall 2021, and fall 2022 feels way too late. So four, hour-long episodes over four weekends on Disney+ in May, June, or July 2022 feels about right (assuming they're still sticking with the four-episode plan).
First Page Last Page
Page 983 of 1252

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.