Star Wars Discussion Thread

5,886,235 Views | 43962 Replies | Last: 11 hrs ago by The Porkchop Express
redline248
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
My 5yr old is watching phantom menace. It occurs to me that Shmi would have made a great Jedi. She's full of wisdom.
exitone
AG
Here is an edit someone put together showing the Vader fight with Ezra yanking her out through the door, Paps showing up to rain on their happy parade, and then Ashoka jumping back through the door again after Vader went home to cry.

Is the part at 5:36 where you are talking about Vader walking out through the...
Its a little deceiving because that looks like its from the outside looking at the door, but vader is walking out of the door, so its all very confusing.

redline248
AG
Man, the Jedi council was pretty set against training Anakin from the get go, even before they ever tested him. Mace only begrudgingly agreed to it.
jeffk
AG
Yeah, those are the right shots. I still think it's Ashoka leaving the temple in both episodes, in fact I'm more sure now than I was before. Haha.

Also interesting to see the little owl thing sort of acting as the go-between for Ashoka and Vader both here and in CW.
C@LAg
Sine poena nulla lex.
jeffk
AG
Hmm... interesting. The reference for all that is a Topps trading card game, but sure, I guess that makes sense from a certain point of view.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
SO GOOD

exitone
AG
C@LAg said:

https://starwars.fandom.com/wiki/Ahsoka_Tano

After accepting the fate of Bridger's master, the two decided to head out of the dimension. However, the portal about Jarrus turned out to be a trick by Darth Sidious, who attempted to manipulate Bridger into letting the Emperor travel into the world. Tano and Bridger helped each other to evade the Emperor's attacks and were separated in the process, but promised to meet each other once again in the future. As Bridger headed back to the portal from where he arrived, Tano made her way into another portal, which brought her back to Malachor, near the base of the Sith temple, accompanied by her convor friend Morai. She wished the Force to be with Ezra Bridger and headed down into a dark tunnel.

Upon her entrance into the dark tunnel, Tano came across a flight of steps which took her deeper into the tunnel, eventually finding a stream and Morai waiting for her. She then entered the stream and followed Morai to another flight of steps that eventually led her to another portal into the World Between Worlds. With this, she stepped inside of it, returning to the mystical plane. Ahsoka Tano thus embarked on a spiritual journey that changed the course of her life.

So content presented outside of the series, but still considered canon.

Most of the bolded above was detailed by trading cards drawn by Dave Filoni, and the final sentence is addressed in "Ultimate Star Wars, New Edition", so not yet detailed narratively.

That's a really deep cut.
I would say anything produced by Filoni is canon at this point.

Well, that solves that question. Good find.
Fat Bib Fortuna
AG
Highly recommend listening to the latest podcast of fake doctors, real friends (episode 205) to hear Donald Faison talk about the first 2 times he met George Lucas and how royally he made a fool if himself. I think we need to start a movement to get him a role in Mando season 3 by the way.
Duncan Idaho
I would go through the trouble of signing that petition
C@LAg
Sine poena nulla lex.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG

Can we get a whole album of these, please?
fig96
AG

Could be fun if true...
Duncan Idaho
Oh great. More wokeness. Of course they want to make a series about one of 2 black guys in the entire universe. What about the stories of the countless white guys? Don't all Jedi matter?
ChipFTAC01
AG
As I'm making my way through the Clone Wars, the three pronged assault on Genosis by Obi Wan, Anakin and the 7head Jedi is truly riveting. It felt almost as compelling of an assault as something like the landings in Saving Private Ryan. Just the chaos and despair. Well drawn and the music was great.
AliasMan02
AG
I hope so, but this does NOT seem like something Glover would sign on for. He kinda got bored making his own original award-winning show.
YouBet
AG
Duncan Idaho said:

Oh great. More wokeness. Of course they want to make a series about one of 2 black guys in the entire universe. What about the stories of the countless white guys? Don't all Jedi matter?

Cool thing about that pic is that he's wearing Theo Huxtable's shirt.
double aught
AG
A Gordon Gartrell
Saxsoon
AG
fig96 said:

Could be fun if true...
Could do some fun stuff with the crime syndicates
Fat Bib Fortuna
AG
The possibilities could be limitless, which is exciting. Lando's EU-wiped bio is a clean slate. All we know is that some point in the future he cons someone out of Cloud City. I know many people were underwhelmed by Solo, but the first 2 seconds you hear him talking in his first scene, you realize how much he nailed that role.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
I know it's hard to keep up with the SW news these days, but I'm pretty sure this was "announced" at some point a while back, then never mentioned again. I guess now it's back?
YouBet
AG
MuckRaker96 said:

The possibilities could be limitless, which is exciting. Lando's EU-wiped bio is a clean slate. All we know is that some point in the future he cons someone out of Cloud City. I know many people were underwhelmed by Solo, but the first 2 seconds you hear him talking in his first scene, you realize how much he nailed that role.
I thought he did as well. It was damn odd though to hear him float in and out of sounding like Billy Dee Williams.
YouBet
AG
double aught said:

A Gordon Gartrell
Couldn't remember the name.
TCTTS
AG
Essentially, yes, but this time it's back in the news because of additional buzz, Lucasfilm has probably solidified their plans, etc, and it sounds way more concrete. Even Alden Ehrenreich recently said he's being hearing chatter on his end...
TCTTS
AG
Fat Bib Fortuna
AG
If they do the series, they've got to get Ford and Billy Dee to film something set before The Force Awakens as a bookend to an episode or to the full first series, like when they had Ford cameo as his much older self on Young Indiana Jones.

Just think of the reaction of seeing one more Han and Lando scene.
Duncan Idaho
MuckRaker96 said:

We all know that lobot will be the linchpin of this series. It will be like how Don Knots became the bigger star on the Andy Griffith show
Duncan Idaho
And don't forget that we can get some back story on Kuill
Claude!
Duncan Idaho said:

MuckRaker96 said:

We all know that lobot will be the linchpin of this series. It will be like how Don Knots became the bigger star on the Andy Griffith show
Don't forget that we need a four epsiode arc focusing on Willrow Hood.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Honestly, I would love a Han and Luke scene. Any way that I can get one.
Fat Bib Fortuna
AG
Damn me too. My biggest regret from the ST. I'm still convinced somewhere down the line at the end of Mando's run on Disney+ there's going to be a Luke cameo.
Fat Bib Fortuna
AG
Let's get the ball rolling (pun intended) for the role of Lobot.

I suspect Mr. Strickland might be dead since he was born in 1931, but if he's alive, the idea he could be in Star Wars, Back to the Future, and Masters of the Universe is pretty solid.

Original Lobot John Hollis, who looks exactly like Lobot out of costume, died in 2005.

And wasting my time has now informed me he was also in Superman as a Kryptonian Elder.

YNWA_AG
AG
ChipFTAC01
AG
He looks a lot like a wrinkled Michael Rooker.
TCTTS
AG
Just days after rumors that Maul will be appearing in a lot more Disney+ SW content...

First Page Last Page
Page 962 of 1257

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.