Star Wars Discussion Thread

5,887,029 Views | 43964 Replies | Last: 13 min ago by Brian Earl Spilner
Brian Earl Spilner
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
TCTTS
AG

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/heat-vision/mandalorian-finds-boba-fett-temuera-morrison-1293675

https://collider.com/the-mandalorian-season-2-boba-fett-actor-temuera-morrison/
Dro07
AG
Could he be playing Rex?!
TCTTS
AG
I don't know who Rex is. They're saying he's literally somehow playing Boba Fett.
Dro07
AG
he was on of the clone commanders in Clone Wars, was in Rebels and was the old white bearded guy in the battle of endor.

NVM though didnt read that he was playing Boba...

Fat Bib Fortuna
AG
TCTTS said:

I don't know who Rex is. They're saying he's literally somehow playing Boba Fett.
How in the world are you not watching Clone Wars?
Gangnam Style
AG
dromo07 said:

Could he be playing Rex?!
Edit: Nvm it's Boba, not Rex.
Dro07
AG
Trying to throw us off with Boba? If they are not then it has to be some sort of flashback or something.

With Mando being picked up by Death Watch prior to Siege of Mandalor. Ahsoka making in appearance i figured he would also see her in a flashback in Mandalore and rex would be there. Could still happen i guess
bluefire579
AG
Yeah, the article states that the source says Boba, fits in with them teasing him at the end of the Tatooine episode.

Would be cool if they brought Rex in as well, but I imagine he'd be more slated for the rumored Rebels sequel series than Mandalorian.
Dro07
AG
Quote:

fits in with them teasing him at the end of the Tatooine episode.
I had forgot about that scene.
Fat Bib Fortuna
AG
maybe a flashback to when the empire steamrolls mandalore? Be pretty bad ass to see a young Mando fleeing with his clan and the last defense being led by Boba Fett pre-ANH
Dro07
AG
Boba joined with the syndicate right after clone wars didnt he? I am trying to remember his story line in CW
TCTTS
AG
MuckRaker96 said:

TCTTS said:

It just always looked more childish to me than even the prequels. That, and I can't remember the last time I watched an animated series. Early high school? That said, I understand that it's apparently really good, and one of these days I'll get around to watching some of the more important episodes. I asked in this thread a few weeks ago for a rundown of the best Ahsoka episodes (I still have no idea who she is), so I can catch up with at least her character before season two of The Mandalorian.
Gangnam Style
AG
I'd start by watching the final 4 episodes of TCW Siege of Mandalore arc. It works well enough as standalone episodes while seeing some badass Ahsoka vs Maul action.
AliasMan02
AG
I don't buy that he's playing Fett in the current timeline. Maybe a clone masquerading as Fett or taking up that identity, though even clones who were young at the end of the Clone War would be pretty old by The Mandalorian.

On the surface I don't think a storyline that puts Fett and Mando at odds is a bad thing. One is a poser who wears beskar and the other is a true believer. Not a bad story. I just take issue with stories being cast aside in favor of a new takes, simply because that's how the EU got so messed up in the first place.
Fat Bib Fortuna
AG
TCTTS said:

MuckRaker96 said:

TCTTS said:

It just always looked more childish to me than even the prequels. That, and I can't remember the last time I watched an animated series. Early high school? That said, I understand that it's apparently really good, and one of these days I'll get around to watching some of the more important episodes. I asked in this thread a few weeks ago for a rundown of the best Ahsoka episodes (I still have no idea who she is), so I can catch up with at least her character before season two of The Mandalorian.
https://starwars.fandom.com/wiki/Ahsoka_Tano
redline248
AG
I hope it's not Boba, but if Filoni is involved would anyone be surprised for him to resurrect another Star Wars villain?
Ag Since 83
AG
Resurrecting Boba would be akin to giving Chewie a medal - the internet wants to see it so who cares if the story makes sense?
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Rex!
Flashdiaz
AG
Screw it... resurrect Jango Fett too
TXAG 05
AG
TCTTS said:

MuckRaker96 said:

TCTTS said:

Watch the last 4 episodes of Clone Wars, as a stand-alone, better than any of the prequels or sequels.
TCTTS
AG
I dig this plan. I keep seeing people raving about the final four eps, so I'll just treat them like a single movie. Sounds fun, and I can do it tomorrow night.

That said... Muck, I appreciate the Ahsoka wiki link, but I just checked it and it's basically a book. So, before I dive in, can someone give me the absolute bare bones breakdown of her character? I don't want anyone to go to any trouble, so just the broadest of highlights/facts, if you don't mind.

All I know is...

- She's a Jedi.
- She trained under Anakin.
- She fought Darth Maul at some point.

What I'd love to know is...

-How old she?
-How/when in the Star Wars timeline was she introduced?
-Does she have an interesting backstory?
-Does she have any major history/romance/conflict with anyone?
-In general, how would sum up her overall plight?

Any other broadest of broad plot strokes I need to know heading into the final four episodes?
redline248
AG
How old she? Something like 19 or maybe early 20s by the time she fights Maul on Mandalore (final 4 episode arc) Then add whatever amount of time to her Rebels stint, and then again for when she shows up in The Mandalorian

-How/when in the Star Wars timeline was she introduced? Introduced as Anakin's padawan in the animated Clone Wars Movie, which takes place sometime between AOTC and Revenge

-Does she have an interesting backstory? Anakin's padawan, lots of adventures during the clone wars, ends up being framed by another Jedi padawan for bombing something, leaves the order after she is exonerated by Anakin. After TCW timeline she bounces around hiding until becoming a key piece of the Rebellion for Bail Organa

-Does she have any major history/romance/conflict with anyone? Nothing here, as far as I know. She and Anakin become very close friends, and she is loyal to and respected by all the clones she leads

-In general, how would sum up her overall plight? Goes from annoying, snarky padawan to pretty much an awesome Jedi/force user, and one of the best characters in SW. In the Rebels era she has to come to grips with finding out Anakin became Vader, and has a confrontation with him.

Any other broadest of broad plot strokes I need to know heading into the final four episodes? Just that she left the order after she felt they didn't trust her, or have her back enough when she was framed. She does have a slight history of encounters with Maul.

This is all from memory, and there may be a few more things others can add.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
You won't regret it.
dave94
AG
Ahsoka definitely started off as a little annoying, but her and Anakin's relationship really grew into something very touching.

Part of what made Clone Wars Anakin so much more enjoyable was how they wrote him vs. some of the choices they made for him in writing the prequels. He was so much better fleshed out here.

And she grew into a really strong character. I didn't know anything about her until watching all of Clone Wars (and Rebels) on Disney+. She's an all-timer.

Really interested in what they have planned for her in Mando and how Rosario portrays her.
Fat Bib Fortuna
AG
redline248 said:

How old she? Something like 19 or maybe early 20s by the time she fights Maul on Mandalore (final 4 episode arc) Then add whatever amount of time to her Rebels stint, and then again for when she shows up in The Mandalorian

-How/when in the Star Wars timeline was she introduced? Introduced as Anakin's padawan in the animated Clone Wars Movie, which takes place sometime between AOTC and Revenge

-Does she have an interesting backstory? Anakin's padawan, lots of adventures during the clone wars, ends up being framed by another Jedi padawan for bombing something, leaves the order after she is exonerated by Anakin. After TCW timeline she bounces around hiding until becoming a key piece of the Rebellion for Bail Organa

-Does she have any major history/romance/conflict with anyone? Nothing here, as far as I know. She and Anakin become very close friends, and she is loyal to and respected by all the clones she leads

-In general, how would sum up her overall plight? Goes from annoying, snarky padawan to pretty much an awesome Jedi/force user, and one of the best characters in SW. In the Rebels era she has to come to grips with finding out Anakin became Vader, and has a confrontation with him.

Any other broadest of broad plot strokes I need to know heading into the final four episodes? Just that she left the order after she felt they didn't trust her, or have her back enough when she was framed. She does have a slight history of encounters with Maul.

Way to go dummy, you just wrote TC's pitch for the Ahsoka movie and he won't even give you credit for it.
Ag Since 83
AG
I would sum it up like this: think of the band of brothers relationship between Obi-Wan and Anakin Lucas tried to sell you in Episode III. That is the relationship Ahsoka has with Anakin and the clones like Rex, and the pay off was really well done
YouBet
AG
Ashoka is definitely the highlight of TCW. I'm currently in Season 4. That seasons starts just absolutely horribly with R2 and C3PO episodes geared for 4 yr olds and then suddenly has one of the best war episodes in the entire series so far. The whole series is sometimes jarring in it's juxtaposition between kid centric episodes and pretty adult war episodes. On the latter, they are better than anything ever put in the actual movies, too.
Saxsoon
AG
TCTTS said:

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/heat-vision/mandalorian-finds-boba-fett-temuera-morrison-1293675

https://collider.com/the-mandalorian-season-2-boba-fett-actor-temuera-morrison/
Hell yeah
Fighting Texas Aggie Class of 2012
jeffk
AG
Really enjoying the behind the scenes Mandalorian series on Disney+. Great to hear from guys like Filloni and Fav about how much the SW universe has meant to them.
Saxsoon
AG
redline248 said:

She ends up becoming an instrumental figure called Fulcrum and works closely with Bail Organa in forming the Resistance. I also recommend after watching the last 4 episode to watch Twilight of the Apprentice to see her and Vader reconnect for the first time.

No real relationships as mentioned but there is a scene in the final 4 episodes between Anakin and Ahsoka when he returns her lightsabers to her that tells you everything in their relationship. There is an incredible bond, and you can see how Ahsoka leaving the Jedi Order after being framed plays a pivotal role in Anakin's doubts and eventually turning to the dark side. She is a critical voice of the jedi. She is no sith, but she rightly calls them out as no longer being defenders of peace and only being the galactic soldier. She becomes a voice of reason that Yoda only begins to realize himself in the weeks leading up to Order 66.

The clones are incredibly loyal to her and in the final episodes paint their helmets to match her skin patterns. Her white lightsabers from Rebels are after she purified the corrupted Kyber Crystals of an inquisitor.

The Clone Wars as a whole retroactively makes the prequels better across the board. Anakin has more character, a little bit of a cocky Han Solo going on. Obi Wan is incredibly fleshed out and we learn that he almost left the Jedi Order because of his love for the ruler of Mandalore when they were younger. (That ruler's sister is voiced by Katie Sackhoff as is the last known owner of the Dark Saber before Moff Gideon)
jeffk
AG
Spoilers from Rebels here Last time we see Ashoka, she's leaving on a mission with Sabine to go find Ezra who went missing in the series finale. No idea if they plan on wrapping up that thread. Also, aAshoka's voice was heard by Rey at the climax of the Rise of Skywalker.
Saxsoon
AG
Filoni really just understands George at a fundamental level. Listen to him talk about the Duel of the Fates being the entire microcosm of the Star Wars Franchise and it's most important moment. His adoration for George is astounding and he really does understand how the man thinks. I will never look at that fight the same way again.

From episode 2 of the doc
jeffk
AG
Is the kyber crystal thing in the book?
Saxsoon
AG
jeffk said:

Is the kyber crystal thing in the book?
I believe so
First Page Last Page
Page 944 of 1257

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.