Star Wars Discussion Thread

5,858,556 Views | 43819 Replies | Last: 55 min ago by TCTTS
jeffk
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Cool. May need to read it sometime soon. I figured she made new ones in between the end of CW and appearing in Rebels, but didn't know anything about it.
redline248
AG
MuckRaker96 said:

redline248 said:

How old she? Something like 19 or maybe early 20s by the time she fights Maul on Mandalore (final 4 episode arc) Then add whatever amount of time to her Rebels stint, and then again for when she shows up in The Mandalorian

-How/when in the Star Wars timeline was she introduced? Introduced as Anakin's padawan in the animated Clone Wars Movie, which takes place sometime between AOTC and Revenge

-Does she have an interesting backstory? Anakin's padawan, lots of adventures during the clone wars, ends up being framed by another Jedi padawan for bombing something, leaves the order after she is exonerated by Anakin. After TCW timeline she bounces around hiding until becoming a key piece of the Rebellion for Bail Organa

-Does she have any major history/romance/conflict with anyone? Nothing here, as far as I know. She and Anakin become very close friends, and she is loyal to and respected by all the clones she leads

-In general, how would sum up her overall plight? Goes from annoying, snarky padawan to pretty much an awesome Jedi/force user, and one of the best characters in SW. In the Rebels era she has to come to grips with finding out Anakin became Vader, and has a confrontation with him.

Any other broadest of broad plot strokes I need to know heading into the final four episodes? Just that she left the order after she felt they didn't trust her, or have her back enough when she was framed. She does have a slight history of encounters with Maul.

This is all from memory, and there may be a few more things others can add.
Way to go dummy, you just wrote TC's pitch for the Ahsoka movie and he won't even give you credit for it.

I've already sent him a contract for the rights on the condition I get a part and a big trailer for my time on the studio grounds.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
It would be awesome if they gave Filoni a new animated series that covers the years between ROTJ and TFA. Kylo training at Luke's academy, the rise of the First Order, and Kylo's eventual turn.
bluefire579
AG
Saxsoon said:

redline248 said:

How old she? Something like 19 or maybe early 20s by the time she fights Maul on Mandalore (final 4 episode arc) Then add whatever amount of time to her Rebels stint, and then again for when she shows up in The Mandalorian

-How/when in the Star Wars timeline was she introduced? Introduced as Anakin's padawan in the animated Clone Wars Movie, which takes place sometime between AOTC and Revenge

-Does she have an interesting backstory? Anakin's padawan, lots of adventures during the clone wars, ends up being framed by another Jedi padawan for bombing something, leaves the order after she is exonerated by Anakin. After TCW timeline she bounces around hiding until becoming a key piece of the Rebellion for Bail Organa

-Does she have any major history/romance/conflict with anyone? Nothing here, as far as I know. She and Anakin become very close friends, and she is loyal to and respected by all the clones she leads

-In general, how would sum up her overall plight? Goes from annoying, snarky padawan to pretty much an awesome Jedi/force user, and one of the best characters in SW. In the Rebels era she has to come to grips with finding out Anakin became Vader, and has a confrontation with him.

Any other broadest of broad plot strokes I need to know heading into the final four episodes? Just that she left the order after she felt they didn't trust her, or have her back enough when she was framed. She does have a slight history of encounters with Maul.

This is all from memory, and there may be a few more things others can add.

She ends up becoming an instrumental figure called Fulcrum and works closely with Bail Organa in forming the Resistance. I also recommend after watching the last 4 episode to watch Twilight of the Apprentice to see her and Vader reconnect for the first time.

No real relationships as mentioned but there is a scene in the final 4 episodes between Anakin and Ahsoka when he returns her lightsabers to her that tells you everything in their relationship. There is an incredible bond, and you can see how Ahsoka leaving the Jedi Order after being framed plays a pivotal role in Anakin's doubts and eventually turning to the dark side. She is a critical voice of the jedi. She is no sith, but she rightly calls them out as no longer being defenders of peace and only being the galactic soldier. She becomes a voice of reason that Yoda only begins to realize himself in the weeks leading up to Order 66.

The clones are incredibly loyal to her and in the final episodes paint their helmets to match her skin patterns. Her white lightsabers from Rebels are after she purified the corrupted Kyber Crystals of an inquisitor.

The Clone Wars as a whole retroactively makes the prequels better across the board. Anakin has more character, a little bit of a cocky Han Solo going on. Obi Wan is incredibly fleshed out and we learn that he almost left the Jedi Order because of his love for the ruler of Mandalore when they were younger. (That ruler's sister is voiced by Katie Sackhoff as is the last known owner of the Dark Saber before Moff Gideon)

The darksaber appears in Rebels as well. That's where we last see it before Moff Gideon.
AgfromHOU
AG
Does Disney/Lucasfilm have an official Star Wars in house podcast?
Gangnam Style
AG
AgfromHOU said:

Does Disney/Lucasfilm have an official Star Wars in house podcast?

Don't think so, but if you want to do a deep dive through the entire Star Wars saga (movies & TV shows), listen to all of the Binge Mode: Star Wars episode.
redline248
AG
I just let my 5 year old son watch Phantom Menace for the first time. Liam Neeson deserved an Oscar for his performance. His level of acting was so much higher than everyone else, given George's direction. Ewan McGregor and Ian McDiarmid were both pretty good, too.
TCTTS
AG
Thanks for rundowns, guys. Very much appreciated.
The Collective
AG
TCTTS said:

Thanks for rundowns, guys. Very much appreciated.

Brian Earl Spilner
AG

redline248
AG
That one is pretty good
redline248
AG
Just watched the 2 Mandalorian docs. In regard to future SW films...

Help us Dave Filoni, you're our only hope
Fat Bib Fortuna
AG
The John Williams piece on Rise of Skywalker extras on Disney+ is a must-watch.
jeffk
AG
I'm kind of torn on this. I'd love a new animated series, but part of me doesn't care to really hear any more about the world the newest trilogy painted. Luke's academy may be the only interesting part of that time period that is redeemable. The First Order is dumb and appeared out of nowhere, the Emperor came back inexplicably, the Force does stuff it's never done before, etc. There are a lot of great stories to tell, but it'd almost be worth ignoring most of what took place in the feature films.

Brian Earl Spilner said:

It would be awesome if they gave Filoni a new animated series that covers the years between ROTJ and TFA. Kylo training at Luke's academy, the rise of the First Order, and Kylo's eventual turn.
YouBet
AG
Yeah, I'm ready to move on. Let's see some KOTOR era content or even jump forward to far future.
redline248
AG
Sometimes I forget that Kathleen Kennedy was handpicked by George. It baffles me how things could have gone so wrong in the sequel trilogy, based on that fact, alone.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Anyone watched the 2-hr ROS doc on Disney+?

Checking it out today.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
A lot of people didn't like the prequel era until TCW. This series might do the same for the Resistance era.
Fat Bib Fortuna
AG
The EU books are my favorite parts of the PT

Darth Plagueis
Shatterpoint
Dark Rendezvous

all do great jobs of fleshing out Sheev, Dooku, and Mace Windu
jeffk
AG
That would be the hope!
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
MuckRaker96 said:

The John Williams piece on Rise of Skywalker extras on Disney+ is a must-watch.

My favorite parts:

Williams' first time reaction to "I know."
Mark Hamill getting mistaken for Spielberg
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
ArmyAg2002
AG
I want a live action Rogue Squadron series. Either in the vein of Rogue One or super campy like Baa Baa Balcksheep.
exitone
AG
redline248 said:

Just watched the 2 Mandalorian docs. In regard to future SW films...

Help us Dave Filoni, you're our only hope
The first 'Directors' episode really painted Filoni in a good light. Almost like they are grooming him to take the torch. We can only hope.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Filoni's extended, uninterrupted speech at the end of the second episode was absolutely fantastic.
AliasMan02
AG
ArmyAg2002 said:

I want a live action Rogue Squadron series. Either in the vein of Rogue One or super campy like Baa Baa Balcksheep.

I think a series that revived around fighter pilots would be a little tough. Lots of time with an ensemble cast not on the screen together every episode.

What about a series in the same vein, but revolving around a Rebel special forces unit or group of pathfinders?
SpreadsheetAg
AG
I want a far future where the "rule Of 2" is flipped on its head.

2 Jedi (Master / Apprentice) on Mission Impossible / 007 type missions infiltrating numerous Sith Empire villains organizations to bring them down...
Fat Bib Fortuna
AG
The obvious follow-up should be thousands of years in the past and revolve around the first Jedi to build a lightsaber and have him/her set up a school on Ach-To Island.

I personally think Taika's movie is a big-screen Mando.
Dekker_Lentz
AG
AliasMan02 said:

ArmyAg2002 said:

I think a series that revived around fighter pilots would be a little tough. Lots of time with an ensemble cast not on the screen together every episode.

What about a series in the same vein, but revolving around a Rebel special forces unit or group of pathfinders?

This is probably too deep of cut, but I think a Baron Sootnir Fel would be more interesting than the X-Wing series. The new canon kinda took away a lot of Rogue Squadron's story.

He kinda serves as the what if Luke wasn't a jedi and ended up in the Imperial Academy. Ultimately, a story of a rank and file imperial slowing realizing he is on the wrong side could be a powerful story.

Plus he allows you to weave in minor characters from the movies and expand some of the lore of the original movies.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
https://cosplay.kotaku.com/star-wars-cosplayer-thrown-to-the-ground-arrested-for-1843380255

F the police.
Dro07
AG
What a bunch of Carl's wow
redline248
AG
AliasMan02
AG
MuckRaker96 said:

The obvious follow-up should be thousands of years in the past and revolve around the first Jedi to build a lightsaber and have him/her set up a school on Ach-To Island.

I personally think Taika's movie is a big-screen Mando.

The story of Tarre Vizsla, the first Mandalorian Jedi who created the Darksaber would be great movie fodder and Taika would be great to tell that story.
fig96
AG
A bit of Filoni...damn.

PatAg
AG
AliasMan02 said:

ArmyAg2002 said:

They aren't only fighter pilots, they end up doing quite a bit of other stuff.
First Page Last Page
Page 945 of 1252

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.