Star Wars Discussion Thread

5,885,651 Views | 43962 Replies | Last: 9 hrs ago by The Porkchop Express
redline248
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
The Mongolian speaks the truth.
Urban Ag
AG
Not a Kathleen Kennedy hater at all. She just isn't right for SW and needs to be replaced or otherwise find a graceful exit from Lucasfilm. To say I am not nearly the movie wonk that so many of here are is a massive understatement. I probably couldn't name 10 producers active in the industry right now. But Kennedy is a name that I can remember back to my childhood. She is an absolute titan and has a resume that is probably in the top 5 of all time. TCCTS brought up Sumlin and that comparison works at this juncture. But another way of looking at Kennedy and Lucasfilm is this. It would have been like hiring Nick Saban away from Bama and by his 5th season he was still producing mediocrity on the field.

I cherry picked these films from her resume that she was either the associate producer, exec producer, or producer. And keep in mind, in the 80's and 90's no one was getting hired for gender diversity.

Raider of the Lost Ark
Poltergeist
ET
Gremlins
Temple of Doom
Color of Purple
Back to the Future
The Goonies
Who Framed Roger Rabbit
BTTF 2
The Last Crusade
BTTF 3
Cape Fear
Schindlers List
Jurassic Park
The Lost World
The Sixth Sense
JP 3
AI
Signs
Seabiscuit
Munich
War of the Worlds
Indian Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull
War Horse
The Force Awakens
the BFG
Rogue One
The Last Jedi
Solo
The Mandalorian
Rise of Skywalker

That's about the equivalent of having 5-6 national championships under you belt. They made a great hire that didn't pan out.
Gangnam Style
AG
Dro07
AG
Yass Queen
redline248
AG
Why did Sabine cut her hair. That was the worst part of the Rebels finale.

Dro07
AG
I'm gonna guess it's cuz she wanted to make sure Ezra finally gets the hint?
redline248
AG
dromo07 said:

I'm gonna guess it's cuz she wanted to make sure Ezra finally gets the hint?

Lol
double aught
AG
Gangnam Style said:

So, does that mean in the next two months? Cuz that's what winter 2020 means to me.
bluefire579
AG
Gangnam Style said:

Never heard of this guy...he trustworthy on things like this? Because I really want this to be true.
Urban Ag
AG
Had ROTJ on tv while I was making dinner last night.

Noticed something I had never noticed before. Right before Lando goes to lightspeed in the Falcon, there is a shot of the cockpit and there are a couple of Rebel soldiers in the same field camo uniforms as the ones on the mission on Endor to take out the shield generator. Was that an obvious mistake? Must be, why would they need infantry on a ship that was going in to a space battle?
TCTTS
AG

https://lrmonline.com/news/star-wars-should-kathleen-kennedy-get-the-boot/
AMW2010
AG
TCTTS, is your real name Erik Voss?
maca1028
TCTTS said:

https://lrmonline.com/news/star-wars-should-kathleen-kennedy-get-the-boot/

Yes...yes they should.
TCTTS
AG
AMW2010 said:

TCTTS, is your real name Erik Voss?

No, why?
maca1028
Is it possible to wookiepedia through clone wars and know enough about it to watch the upcoming season?
The Collective
AG
Clone Wars Anakin is so good that it is worth the watch.
TCTTS
AG
Was wondering the same thing. No way I have the time to watch that many episodes to catch up, but I'm interested enough in this final season after that trailer.
fig96
AG
I feel like if you watched like the last season or two you'd be fairly caught up? There's not a ton of characters you won't know outside the named troopers and Ahsoka.

Been a while since I watched though, others might have different opinions. Personally I haven't seen anything outside the first few eps of Rebels so I may hop on there soon.
The Collective
AG
Watch the Mandalore arc at least
Dro07
AG
Mando arc at least
AMW2010
AG
Watching his YouTube content, and based on your posting history. They both seemed similar. He did breaks downs of all the Star Wars movies similar to your monthly threads
exitone
AG

This doesn't go anywhere, and its probably time to move on. But I still think George's stories are good. The overall plots have always been well thought out. Its just the dialogue that is horrible along with some of the finer points of the script.

https://wegotthiscovered.com/movies/george-lucas-reportedly-return-star-wars-full-control/

It's no secret that George Lucas hasn't always been the biggest fan of what Disney's done with their Star Wars Sequel Trilogy. In fact, the studio's even been pretty open about the fact that the filmmaker was vocally opposed to their approach to the beloved sci-fi franchise.

In his book The Ride of a Lifetime: Lessons Learned from 15 Years as CEO of the Walt Disney Company, for instance, Bob Iger explained that Lucas felt there "weren't enough visual or technical leaps forward" in J.J. Abrams' The Force Awakens. Not only that, but Lucas was also notably absent from the premiere of The Rise of Skywalker. And while you can certainly understand why he's taken issue with some of the recent movies, it seems both parties are hoping to soon get back into bed together.

A few weeks ago, we told you that Lucasfilm wants George to return and help out with the franchise in more of an official capacity, following his assistance with the aforementioned Rise, which was done more as a favor to J.J. than anything else. And while it's still unclear if it'll happen, we've now received another update on the situation, which points to Lucas being down to return, but on one condition.

According to sources close to We Got This Covered the same ones who informed us that [SPOILERS] would die in The Rise of Skywalker and that [SPOILERS] would be revealed as a traitor in the film, months before the movie hit theaters Lucas has said he'll return but only if he has full creative control over the franchise. From what we're told, he thinks the studio has made a mess of it and feels he needs a great amount of control to get it back on track.

Not only that, but he also wants to bring along Dave Filoni responsible for The Clone Wars and Star Wars Rebels with him to help turn things around, with the idea being to have the fan favorite act as George's right-hand man. That all being said, our sources who also revealed the big Palpatine twist in Rise way back in September say that there's some resistance from Disney in regards to George's proposal, and understandably so.

After all, Kathleen Kennedy is still the boss over at Lucasfilm for now, at least and while they would love to have Lucas involved again, they want him as more of an advisor/consultant. It'd still be an official role and he'd be very involved in future projects, but they're not willing to give full creative control at this time. And that's where things stand for now.

If we had to guess, George Lucas will eventually make his way back to Star Wars, but in what capacity remains to be seen. With Kennedy very likely on her way out, though, and Marvel Studios' Kevin Feige also said to be interested in taking over the sci-fi property, you can expect some major changes for the brand over the next few years.
GreasenUSA
AG
Quote:

https://wegotthiscovered.com

Urban Ag
AG
Lucas will be 76 in May. One has to wonder how much gas he really has left in the tank. I think "advisor/consultant" is about the max that Disney could reasonably expect out him. Very sought after exec level people at that age still have immense knowledge and experience that is very valuable. But the downside is that when they don't feel like getting out of bed, they don't. If fishing, golf, or grandkids seems like a better option, that's what they do. I'd love to see Lucas more involved but there is only so much he can do and that window is closing rapidly. IMO.
amercer
AG
Rewatching Rebels with my kids right now.

Such a fun, low stakes window into the Star Wars universe. I'd take a dozen more stories like that, set outside of the movie timelines just so we can see more of the galaxy without worrying about squeezing in old characters.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
GreasenUSA said:

Quote:

TC:
bluefire579
AG
Urban Ag said:

Lucas will be 76 in May. One has to wonder how much gas he really has left in the tank. I think "advisor/consultant" is about the max that Disney could reasonably expect out him. Very sought after exec level people at that age still have immense knowledge and experience that is very valuable. But the downside is that when they don't feel like getting out of bed, they don't. If fishing, golf, or grandkids seems like a better option, that's what they do. I'd love to see Lucas more involved but there is only so much he can do and that window is closing rapidly. IMO.
I mean, Clint is 89 and he's still pumping them out
twilly
AG
Lucas is full on with his narrative art museum. That's his new "Star Wars" now. No chance to get him back as anything more than a consultant.

Ranger fans you're not dreaming! The Rangers are the World Series Champions!
exitone
AG
I could see throwing him a bone and letting him do a 6 episode Disney+ series. Maybe something about Luke in the period after Jedi and before TFA.
fig96
AG
I'd love to see Lucas involved in a bigger picture capacity with Filoni in a boots on the ground role, I think George is great at the overall world building and direction of things but he's not the guy I want writing dialogue.
Urban Ag
AG
exitone said:

I could see throwing him a bone and letting him do a 6 episode Disney+ series. Maybe something about Luke in the period after Jedi and before TFA.
That would be pretty awesome
Gangnam Style
AG
dromo07 said:

Mando arc at least
Agreed, if you're short on time, start with S5 E 14 (beginning of the Mandalore arc) all the way to S6 E1- E4 (Fives' arc) and then jump to S6 E8 - E13.

But I would highly recommend watching as many episodes as you can to really feel the emotional impacts from the last couple episodes of Season 5.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
TCTTS
AG
exitone said:

This doesn't go anywhere, and its probably time to move on. But I still think George's stories are good. The overall plots have always been well thought out. Its just the dialogue that is horrible along with some of the finer points of the script.

https://wegotthiscovered.com/movies/george-lucas-reportedly-return-star-wars-full-control/

It's no secret that George Lucas hasn't always been the biggest fan of what Disney's done with their Star Wars Sequel Trilogy. In fact, the studio's even been pretty open about the fact that the filmmaker was vocally opposed to their approach to the beloved sci-fi franchise.

In his book The Ride of a Lifetime: Lessons Learned from 15 Years as CEO of the Walt Disney Company, for instance, Bob Iger explained that Lucas felt there "weren't enough visual or technical leaps forward" in J.J. Abrams' The Force Awakens. Not only that, but Lucas was also notably absent from the premiere of The Rise of Skywalker. And while you can certainly understand why he's taken issue with some of the recent movies, it seems both parties are hoping to soon get back into bed together.

A few weeks ago, we told you that Lucasfilm wants George to return and help out with the franchise in more of an official capacity, following his assistance with the aforementioned Rise, which was done more as a favor to J.J. than anything else. And while it's still unclear if it'll happen, we've now received another update on the situation, which points to Lucas being down to return, but on one condition.

According to sources close to We Got This Covered the same ones who informed us that [SPOILERS] would die in The Rise of Skywalker and that [SPOILERS] would be revealed as a traitor in the film, months before the movie hit theaters Lucas has said he'll return but only if he has full creative control over the franchise. From what we're told, he thinks the studio has made a mess of it and feels he needs a great amount of control to get it back on track.

Not only that, but he also wants to bring along Dave Filoni responsible for The Clone Wars and Star Wars Rebels with him to help turn things around, with the idea being to have the fan favorite act as George's right-hand man. That all being said, our sources who also revealed the big Palpatine twist in Rise way back in September say that there's some resistance from Disney in regards to George's proposal, and understandably so.

After all, Kathleen Kennedy is still the boss over at Lucasfilm for now, at least and while they would love to have Lucas involved again, they want him as more of an advisor/consultant. It'd still be an official role and he'd be very involved in future projects, but they're not willing to give full creative control at this time. And that's where things stand for now.

If we had to guess, George Lucas will eventually make his way back to Star Wars, but in what capacity remains to be seen. With Kennedy very likely on her way out, though, and Marvel Studios' Kevin Feige also said to be interested in taking over the sci-fi property, you can expect some major changes for the brand over the next few years.

https://texags.com/forums/13/topics/3088085
TCTTS
AG
Brian Earl Spilner said:

GreasenUSA said:

Quote:

TC:

First Page Last Page
Page 896 of 1257

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.