Star Wars Discussion Thread

5,858,784 Views | 43819 Replies | Last: 2 hrs ago by TCTTS
exitone
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Fine. I knew better. Self imposed 3 day ban.

wangus12
AG
Brian Earl Spilner said:

Did you see the Reddit post blaming the entire fall of the Jedi on KAM?
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Ha! Hadn't seen it. This is great.

Quote:

• In Episode 1, when Qui-Gon was reporting to the council about his battle with Darth Maul, Master Mundi was the first to deny the existence of the Sith.
  • When Satine called for Obi-Wan and the Jedi's help, Mundi denied the request because of Mandalore's neutrality during the Clone Wars. This lead to the death of Satine and the completion of Maul's takeover of Mandalore, further complicating the war.
  • During Ahsoka's trial, he was also the first to accuse her. Granted, pretty much everyone on the council other than Obi-Wan was against Ahsoka, but Mundi didn't exactly help. This incident was probably the biggest reason for Anakin's distrust of the Jedi council
  • When Yoda was contacted by the ghost of Qui-Gon, Master Mundi once again claimed it to be impossible, and that Yoda was influenced by the dark side, leading to Mace Windu ordering the imprisonment of Yoda. This prevented the other Jedi from learning how to become Force Ghosts.
  • And finally, in his most iconic scene, Ki-Adi Mundi dooms the Jedi Order. Master Mundi randomly subverting the discussion to the Wookies caused Yoda to volunteer to go to Kashyyyk. Yoda not being on Coruscant meant that Anakin had to report his discovery of Palpatine's identity to Mace Windu instead of Yoda. Remember, Palpatine had to act then because Padme is giving birth soon, and if she survives childbirth, there is no reason for Anakin to join him. Unlike Windu, Yoda would most likely have brought Anakin, one of the strongest duelists in the Order, along to confront the Sith Lord. There is no way Palpatine survives the combined strength of Yoda, Mace Windu, Anakin and the other masters.
Tldr: Ki-Adi Mundi is a plague on the galaxy and should never be listened to.
TCTTS
AG
That's amazing.
redline248
AG
I feel like poking holes in it, but that's no fun.
wangus12
AG
Was reading it the other day and nearly spit out my drink. Its no officially canon in my mind the KAM is the actual reason for the fall of the Jedi.
Flashdiaz
AG
I never liked that smug jedi scum
The Collective
AG
I'm going to go ahead and assume KAM stole Sifo Dyas' identity as well.
Saxsoon
AG
maca1028 said:

TCTTS said:

https://lrmonline.com/news/star-wars-should-kathleen-kennedy-get-the-boot/

Yes...yes they should.

Well, that's what I was hearing. A million voices suddenly cried out in anger, "Kathy has to go", "it's all her fault, she's going to ruin Obi-Wan as well", and all the rest. Admittedly some of that was in reaction to the original story that it had been canned completely. The show has not been canned, yet still, I hear some blame at Kennedy for slowing things down. Let's face it, folks, that's her call, and I am of the opinion that rushing in with unfinished scripts is what got her into this mess. I'd rather she makes sure this one is as good as it can be before they begin shooting. The Obi-Wan show is seemingly very much still on fans radars for a must watch, let them get it right.

A thousand nerd voices in anger were snuffed out for being called out. Sequel trilogy was rushed, **** your Kathy. Takes some time to clean up the script, **** you Kathy.

I think she needs to go but this made me laugh
Fighting Texas Aggie Class of 2012
Fat Bib Fortuna
AG
In exactly 6 weeks, the family and I will be cuing up for Rise of the Resistance and fast-passing our way back onto Smuggler's Run.
exitone
AG
Kind of scared to post this here, but...

Star Wars: George Lucas' Cancelled Underworld TV Show Revealed In Test Footage
https://screenrant.com/star-wars-underworld-tv-show-test-footage/
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Man do I wish we'd gotten this.
Fat Bib Fortuna
AG
Doesn't look that much different than what we saw in AOTC. Couple of people in funny hats and 97.5% green screen.
fig96
AG
Man...this isn't perfect but SO much potential. Fingers crossed this is some of what the Cassian Andor series is.

Also reminds me a lot of what Star Wars 1313 was supposed to be.
fig96
AG
MuckRaker96 said:

Doesn't look that much different than what we saw in AOTC. Couple of people in funny hats and 97.5% green screen.
This feels a whole lot more tactile though. AOTC and the other prequels felt overly digital, and this doesn't.
exitone
AG
I know nothing, but I'm assuming this was a vfx test and some intern wrote a script, etc to go along with a directive from Lucasfilm for story boards they were presented. The story was completely made up and doesn't really have anything to do with what they were intending other than rebel and imperial movements in the seedy underworld of Corsucant. That being said, this would have been cool as anything. I loved the Corsucant scenes on TCW series.

As a side note:
  • That was the most skin we have seen in the SW universe since ROTJ
  • One of the storm troopers kind of sounded like Patrick Warburton
  • Her speeder was pretty cool. Quite a different design from what we have seen in the rest of the SW universe. More like Bladerunner.

Brian Earl Spilner
AG
MuckRaker96 said:

You realize the planet of Coruscant is fictional and doesn't exist, right?
redline248
AG
MuckRaker96 said:

In exactly 6 weeks, the family and I will be cuing up for Rise of the Resistance and fast-passing our way back onto Smuggler's Run.
I hope that you will be there on a less busy day than around Christmas. People were getting to the park at like 5 to stand around and wait for the gates to open just to request the boarding time for Rise. If you already have your fast pass for Smuggler's Run scheduled, good for you. That line was like 3 hours long all day.

The build a droid and lightsaber lines were also ridiculously long. Apparently you can make reservations for that, but those fill up, too.
Flashdiaz
AG
forgive the distrust, but has this been validated?

I wonder why now? if real, almost feels intentionally leaked in anticipation of an impending announcement.
TCTTS
AG
I don't see how anyone could fake this. I had no idea Lucasfilm got this far in the process - far enough to be shooting this level of test footage - but there's way too much going on here for this to be faked or fan made.

As for an impending announcement, I don't think they'd leak something like this ahead of time. It's not like that early Deadpool footage where they need to garner fan support, and it's not really good enough to rally that kind of support either.

That said, despite the bad dialogue/dubbing, this obviously has potential, and I can see them going back to this well at some point. It certainly has a mid-'00's TV look, but honestly looks way better than I would have expected, considering the amount of green screen. Definitely a leap above the prequels.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
My question is how does all this stuff keep "leaking"? The Trevorrow script, the concept art, and now this?

Surely this is being released by Lucasfilm, right? But, why? To what end?

If anything, it just seems to undermine the stuff they HAVE released. (Rise of Skywalker, Mandalorian, etc.)
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Maybe it's just Lucas, sitting at his computer, leaking all this as a middle finger to Disney.
TCTTS
AG
I don't think any of these leaks have been Lucasfilm sanctioned. I think it's bad management, disgruntled employees, and former employees who have moved on.
TCTTS
AG
There's a long tradition of disgruntled employees leaking materials from Lucasfilm, going all the way back to '99...

Fat Bib Fortuna
AG
We went to the Disneyland version last june
Headed to Orlando this time. Our 4th disney trip since may 2017.
The Collective
AG
MuckRaker96 said:

Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Ag_of_08
AG
Here's hoping Kathleen gets "promoted" somewhere ;-)
Pro Ag
AG
MuckRaker96 said:

We went to the Disneyland version last june

Really hoping Rise of the Resistance is more consistent by then as we are going over spring break as well.
Cinco Ranch Aggie
AG
I Have Spoken said:

MuckRaker96 said:

My wife would love/hate this with the amount of $$$$ we've given that rat in only 3 trips over the course of a decade rather than 3 years.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
njohn87
AG
Haven't posted in this thread much, but I think the new movies were pretty bad, personally.
kdm_01
AG
The new trilogy wasn't my favorite (though Last Jedi grew on me, after seeing Rise) but I thought Rouge One and Solo were pretty darn good.
Would love another movie (or series) with the Solo supporting cast concerning Black Sun and Maul.
kdm_01
AG
Concerning Star Wars... does anyone have any experience with Marvel Unlimited and Star Wars comics?
I've not had a lot of luck finding out exactly how it works or what titles it gives access too. Definitely interested in the Vader and Dr. Aphra collections.
First Page Last Page
Page 897 of 1252

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.