Star Wars Discussion Thread

5,859,760 Views | 43819 Replies | Last: 7 hrs ago by TCTTS
Brian Earl Spilner
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Me taking a dump in Batuu is now canon.
Belton Ag
AG
Brian Earl Spilner said:

Worst part of the prequels.
Fat Bib Fortuna
AG
Belton Ag said:

Brian Earl Spilner said:

Worst part of the prequels.

What an incredible smell you've discovered!!!
twilly
AG
This will be a day long remembered....
SpreadsheetAg
AG
Spilner pudu
TCTTS
AG
Never thought I'd actually see the day Spilner sh*t on Star Wars.
dave94
AG
Spilner doodooed at Galaxy's End.
Fat Bib Fortuna
AG
Well that smells stinkawitz
Stat Monitor Repairman
Made it through the The Last Jedi after punching out of it a few times.

Whole thing reminded me of this classic from Key and Peele.

Benecio Del Toro is to TLJ as the Hulkster was to Gremlins 2.
YouBet
AG
Stat Monitor Repairman said:

Made it through the The Last Jedi after punching out of it a few times.

Whole thing reminded me of this classic from Key and Peele.

Benecio Del Toro is to TLJ as the Hulkster was to Gremlins 2.
Lol. I missed the Key and Peele era. Will have to go back and watch.
Fat Bib Fortuna
AG
https://www.starwars.com/news/jedi-knight-ii-jedi-outcast-and-jedi-knight-jedi-academy-coming-to-nintendo-switch

My daughter wanting a Nintendo Switch for Christmas just got a lot more realistic.
jabberwalkie09
AG
MuckRaker96 said:

https://www.starwars.com/news/jedi-knight-ii-jedi-outcast-and-jedi-knight-jedi-academy-coming-to-nintendo-switch

My daughter wanting a Nintendo Switch for Christmas just got a lot more realistic.

There's a stupid amount of games in the library for the Switch. You have to sort through what's good to get and what isn't it, but Square Enix has put a lot of of their older library on there. Also, if you subscribe to the online service you get access to the games that Nintendo has added to their NES and SNES apps.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
https://comicbook.com/starwars/2019/09/15/solo-a-star-wars-story-spin-off-is-rumored-disney-plus/

Solo spinoff planned for Disney+.

I've been totally game for everything announced up to this point, but this is the one where I honestly feel it's too much.

The Crimson Dawn / Maul angle could certainly be interesting, but this feels like it could be more of a B-plot in the Obi-Wan series, rather than a series unto itself.
AliasMan02
AG
An underworld show is a no brainier for being a great idea, and really that time period is the ideal one.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
I agree, but that's what we're getting with The Mandalorian. Seems a bit redundant at this point.
TCTTS
AG
I think it's way too early to form an opinion yet either way. We have no clue if this show is even a real thing, much less what the exact plot/tone would be.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
What do you think this thread is?
Urban Ag
AG
Brian Earl Spilner said:

I agree, but that's what we're getting with The Mandalorian. Seems a bit redundant at this point.
I guess I could argue it either way. Love the period and the concept but that article says it would likely not include Han. Frankly I'd love a series that picked up where Solo ended. And, you could have cross-over with the Obi Wan and Cassian series.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Also, that would give us 3 series set in same relative time period - Cassian, Obi-Wan, and Solo.
TCTTS
AG
Let me rephrase. I think it's way too early to form a negative opinion about something we know next to nothing about.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
You've done this many times before. I recall you saying how terrible an idea the LOTR series on Amazon is right outta the gate.

https://texags.com/forums/13/topics/2901428

"This is so ****ing stupid."
RebAg13
AG
I'm totally in on a Solo/Underworld series
TCTTS
AG
Because, at the time, the series was believed to basically be some kind of remake of the movies. And it's a perfectly valid complaint to not want a LOTR remake in TV form, with how good the movies were. It felt like a cheap, knock off ploy. Technically, at the time, we had more information about that show than we do this show. It of course turned out to be the wrong information, but it was a completely different situation. For one, that was officially announced news. And for all we know, this is a series about Enfys Nest's previously unknown battles with Darth Vader. It could be the coolest thing ever. I just don't see the point in assuming it will tread the same ground as The Mandalorian and preemptively complaining before we know that's the case, especially when it's not a guarantee that this show is even a real thing.
AliasMan02
AG
I think Mandalorian will be a straight Western. A series about the underworld during the rise of the Empire could be a full on organized crime drama.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Solo felt very much like a Western. The train heist, the main mission, pretty much the whole final act...

It probably boils down to me just not loving that movie very much. (As big a Star Wars nerd as I am, I've still only seen that movie once and never felt the need to see it again.)

Not gonna lie though. If it's a full on Maul series, very lore/force heavy, then I'm totally in.

I'd be down to see how the hell he went from being cut in half on Naboo, to a crime boss. (Provided it's not all told in Clone Wars or books.)
Hagen95
AG
I feel like they have done too much Maul. There are lots of bad guys in the universe. Let's get a new bad guy introduced.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Too much? He died after one movie.

Unless you mean in the EU.
TCTTS
AG
Yeah, for the vast majority of the audience like myself, who don't know the EU or didn't watch the animated stuff, Maul was a bad ass villain who got short-changed in only one movie. Would absolutely love to see more of him.
Flashdiaz
AG
would be cool if Solo and Lando are in it teamed up with Jabba, Fett, Greedo and that fat guy with a Rancor as a pet.

Against Maul, Solo's first love and the rest of the Crimson Tide. Would like to see them get taken down
Urban Ag
AG
I think someone's got a case of the Monday's

Fat Bib Fortuna
AG
Brian Earl Spilner said:

The Mandalorian is set in an era where the Empire has fallen and everyone is grabbing for power everywhere.

A Solo spinoff would be in an era where the Empire is at its peek. Han and Quira coudn't even get a ticket off their own damn planet without getting busted. Trying to earn a dis-honest living with the Empire breathing down your neck is way different from the Mandalorian's world.

You figure you get Aldenrich and Jonas to be all in; have Childish Landobino show up once in a while; bring in Fett, Dengar, Jabba, Greedo, have Han & Chewie stealing form the Empire and from the Rebellion to really keep them netural - show us the Chalumar's cantina more, show us Alderaan for more than 15 seconds, etc.

Maybe even tie on episode in with something that happens in Episode 7 - like him meeting Maz for the first time, and get hf to do a cameo.

I know a lot of people didn't like Solo,but I ate it up. This show could be so much fun.
The Collective
AG
Solo can't have run ins with Maul though, right? The guy doesn't think the force is a real thing when we meet him in ANH.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Hell of a wedding photo.

Aggie_Journalist
AG
That's amazing
TCTTS
AG
100% in.

First Page Last Page
Page 851 of 1252

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.