Star Wars Discussion Thread

5,885,170 Views | 43962 Replies | Last: 8 hrs ago by The Porkchop Express
Ag Since 83
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Framed and displayed on my wall. Stood in line for hours back at SWC Anaheim in 2015. Hamill even personalized it and wrote "May the Force be with you"

Yeah, it's my favorite possession
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
That's awesome.

You going to Chicago?
Ag Since 83
AG
Yeah I'll be there. Anaheim was awesome (back on page 104 you can see my view of the TFA panel, and apparently you were jealous based on the comments), but Orlando was pretty hit and miss. In Anaheim I was staying within walking distance and that made a huge difference, made camping for the TFA panel easy. In Orlando I had to stay farther away and getting there was a pain (plus security took forever).

I initially said no to Chicago but by the time tickets went on sale I came around to giving it one more shot.
YouBet
AG
Ag Since 83 said:

Framed and displayed on my wall. Stood in line for hours back at SWC Anaheim in 2015. Hamill even personalized it and wrote "May the Force be with you"

Yeah, it's my favorite possession
You might be able to retire if you auction this poster.
bearamedic99
AG
So, I was rewatching ep 2 (AOTC) and a jedi council members mentions Count Dooku "used to be a Jedi". Was there no Jedi for life policy? Was there other precedent other people leaving the Jedi order?

Also, has there ever been a discussion or article on how they decided on Samuel L Jackson for the first black Jedi? I know he had made some public statement about wanting any role he could get in SW, even as a storm trooper, but most his prior roles involved him being upset and saying MF.
AliasMan02
AG
bearamedic99 said:

So, I was rewatching ep 2 (AOTC) and a jedi council members mentions Count Dooku "used to be a Jedi". Was there no Jedi for life policy? Was there other precedent other people leaving the Jedi order?

Also, has there ever been a discussion or article on how they decided on Samuel L Jackson for the first black Jedi? I know he had made some public statement about wanting any role he could get in SW, even as a storm trooper, but most his prior roles involved him being upset and saying MF.

Jackson asking to be in the movie is widely considered to be a publicity thing. He was put in to try and draw a black audience and him asking for the role was something of a put on.

He seems to enjoy his Star Wars life, though, so maybe it's not all artificial.
dave94
AG
Association of Former Jedi
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
What makes you say that? SLJ has never changed his story on that.
AliasMan02
AG
Brian Earl Spilner said:

What makes you say that? SLJ has never changed his story on that.

It's just popular conjecture, really. I didn't mean to say it was fact.
Malachi Constant
AG
Any truth to this?

https://wegotthiscovered.com/tv/qira-lando-tv-shows-planned-disney-plus/

Quote:

We Got This Covered has heard that Lucasfilm is planning on making TV series for both Qi'Ra and Lando Calrissian, which will air exclusively on the Mouse House's upcoming streaming service. As with our report that Finn and Poe will both be getting their own shows as well, these two projects are only in the earliest stages and we've got no intel on plot details, casting or anything else at this stage.
AgMarauder04
AG
Blatant Disregard said:

Any truth to this?

Quote:

We Got This Covered has heard that Lucasfilm is planning on making TV series for both Qi'Ra and Lando Calrissian, which will air exclusively on the Mouse House's upcoming streaming service. As with our report that Finn and Poe will both be getting their own shows as well, these two projects are only in the earliest stages and we've got no intel on plot details, casting or anything else at this stage.

Who do I have to kill/sleep with the get a Rogue Squadron show?
Coog97
Blatant Disregard said:

Any truth to this?

Quote:

I was born in '73 and grew up on Star Wars. I was a huge fan as a child and remain a huge fan now. It has been a big part of my life... but there is validity to the concept of "too much of a good thing."
PatAg
AG
Coog97 said:

Blatant Disregard said:

Any truth to this?

Quote:

I was born in '73 and grew up on Star Wars. I was a huge fan as a child and remain a huge fan now. It has been a big part of my life... but there is validity to the concept of "too much of a good thing."
Think they would learn their lesson from their recent movie releases. Quality over Quantity.
YouBet
AG
AgMarauder04 said:

Blatant Disregard said:

Any truth to this?

Quote:

Who do I have to kill/sleep with the get a Rogue Squadron show?

Who do I have to kill/sleep with to replace a Finn and Poe show with a Rogue Squadron show?
TCTTS
AG
Hmmm. We Got This Covered is a peg more respectable than that site that whiffed with the Rian Johnson "news" last week, but they're still another one of these blogs that claims "sources" from time to time, yet have never really broken any news, and don't come close to touching the credibility of a Collider or SlashFilm in that world. That, and these shows sound EXACTLY like what fans would want, which seems suspicious.

Then again... these shows are exactly what fans would want. And maybe that's why Disney would fork over the cash/resources to make them. I'd never considered any sequel trilogy characters getting their own series post Episode IX (or, I guess it could technically take place between Episode VIII and IX), but have to admit that a Finn/Poe show would be a hell of a lot of fun. Same for a Qi'Ra series and a Lando series. With all of these new streaming services on the cusp of launching, the TV landscape is about to change so drastically that anything is possible. These would likely be one-off, eight-episode series (give or take), anyway, so getting a commitment from these stars wouldn't be that challenging, all things considered. I would never in a million years thought we'd be getting TV series centered on Loki, Winter Soldier, Falcon, and Scarlett Witch, but I guess it only makes sense that Disney will be swinging for the fences in that regard with Star Wars as well.

Hopefully we find out more at Celebration in a couple of months...
bearamedic99
AG
Maybe the same people who I need to kill to get a decent Green Lantern, Justice League International, X-Men, or New Mutants movie.
Belton Ag
AG
Hmm, a new series to explore all aspects of Lando's pansexuality?

/ducks and runs away from the thread.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Star Wars twitter drunk?

SpreadsheetAg
AG
DisneyUK making a Q+ reference??
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Pretty cool watch.

For the record, I love both TFA and RO, but it's interesting seeing the differences between the two screenplays.

And pretty much nails why I prefer the first half of TFA, but the second half of RO.
redline248
AG
You got an updated one for TLJ?
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
TCTTS
twilly
AG

REPORT: OBI-WAN KENOBI SERIES TO BE MADE FOR DISNEY+ STREAMING SERVICE

Enjoy the afternoon fellas!
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
I wouldn't put much stock into any of these rumors until Celebration.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
But, just in case...

twilly
AG
Oh I know, but with all the back and forth on the Ep IX thread about the the Death of Rose and whether I should welcome it, I thought a little Obi Wan might brighten the outlook around this place.
TCTTS
AG
From the various reports and tweets I've seen lately, it sounds as if all of these rumored series are being considered, but that nothing is even remotely concrete yet. In other words, I'm sure a good chunk of these series are in some form of development, but it will all come to down to actor availability, budget, etc.

For the record, these are the SW series currently being rumored that I'd actually put stock in...

- A Lando Series (pre or post Solo)
- A Lando + Han Series (post Solo)
- A Qi'Ra Series (pre or post Solo)
- An Obi-Wan Series (post Revenge of the Sith, pre A New Hope)
- A Leia Series (pre A New Hope, as a young teenager)
- A Finn + Poe Series (pre or post Episode IX)

... while these are being rumored as well, but seem a little iffy...

- A Captain Phasma Series (pre The Force Awakens)
- A Knights of Ren Series (pre Episode IX)
- A Rose Tico Series (yeah, I know, spare me the outrage - pre or post Episode IX)
- A Sith Lord Darth Bane Series (this is one that tipped this batch into the "iffy" category)

... in addition, of course, to the two confirmed series...

- 2019 - The Madalorian (post Return of the Jedi)
- 2020 - A Cassian Andor Series (pre Rogue One)

... and again, for the most part, these likely aren't being developed as multi-season series, but rather each would essentially be an eight-episode (or so) limited series/"movie," though I'm sure lengths and potential season orders will vary.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
MBB for Leia.
The Collective
AG
Brian Earl Spilner said:

But, just in case...

TCTTS
AG
She would be so perfect. A young teen Leia movie - with her in the lead - almost seems like the biggest no brainer of the bunch. Place her at an academy of some sort, throw in a little action and a smidge of CW-esque drama/romance, and the thing basically writes itself.
The Collective
AG
I'll take it. She can already float just like Leia.
Claude!
We all float down here.
First Page Last Page
Page 791 of 1257

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.