Star Wars Discussion Thread

5,858,993 Views | 43819 Replies | Last: 3 hrs ago by TCTTS
Pro Ag
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
TCTTS said:

- A Leia Series (pre A New Hope, as a young teenager)

The Leia Princess of Alderaan book was pretty good, I was just frustrated at Holdo being in the book because I didn't care for the character in TLJ.
AgMarauder04
AG
Obi Wan or Leia are the only ones I am remotely interested in.

They have so much, and those pansies are too afraid to explore storylines that ARENT established from movies.
SpreadsheetAg
AG
Give me "The Ascendency of the Chiss" please
AliasMan02
AG
TCTTS said:

- A Lando Series (pre or post Solo)
- A Lando + Han Series (post Solo)
- A Qi'Ra Series (pre or post Solo)

These could even all be the same series.

Have episodes where the characters sort of circle each other but don't appear in each other's episodes, with Crimson Dawn being the common link. Han and Lando cross paths a bit, here and there. Throw in Enfys doing rebel things and Han freelancing for Jabba. One single scene filmed on Tatooine where Ewan just walks by in the background. Culminate after 12 episodes or so into a Han and Qira reunion whether she rejects him utterly.
AliasMan02
AG
SpreadsheetAg said:

Star Wars without a human to act as the POV for the audience will be a tough sell, I think.
YouBet
AG
twilly said:

Oh I know, but with all the back and forth on the Ep IX thread about the the Death of Rose and whether I should welcome it, I thought a little Obi Wan might brighten the outlook around this place.

Star Wars: The Death of Rose.

I would watch this.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Rogue One
Ag Since 83
AG
AliasMan02 said:

SpreadsheetAg said:

Star Wars without a human to act as the POV for the audience will be a tough sell, I think.
Zahn always gives Thrawn a human sidekick, a Watson to his Holmes, for the reader to live through. Hell, at the end of Thrawn he even sends Eli to live with the Chiss, so just use him.

(Note: Somehow I still haven't gotten around to finishing Thrawn: Alliances, so please don't reply telling me if Eli show up in that one)
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
They've just announced a Phantom Menace 20th Annivesary Panel for Celebration. (On Monday.)

Ugh. Why would they do that on Monday? I'm flying home that day and probably a ton of others as well. I'll probably have to miss it.
Flashdiaz
AG
The Phantom Menace is the Monday of Star Wars movies.
TCTTS
AG
Flashdiaz said:

POTD.
twilly
AG
Brian Earl Spilner said:

They've just announced a Phantom Menace 20th Annivesary Panel for Celebration. (On Monday.)

Ugh. Why would they do that on Monday? I'm flying home that day and probably a ton of others as well. I'll probably have to miss it.
To get people to buy Monday tickets, which I think are all that is available right now?

This will really resonate with the few dozen prequel lovers out there :-)
Cinco Ranch Aggie
AG
Flashdiaz said:

The Phantom Menace The Last Jedi is the Monday of Star Wars movies.
fify
SpreadsheetAg
AG
Cinco Ranch Aggie said:

Flashdiaz said:

The Phantom Menace The Last Jedi is the "Alternative Reality Where Hitler actually won WW2 and we celebrate his victory" Day of Star Wars movies.
fify
Fifya
IronRed13
AG
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Dro07
AG
haha that is awesome!
Duncan Idaho
twilly said:

Brian Earl Spilner said:

To get people to buy Monday tickets, which I think are all that is available right now?

This will really resonate with the few dozen prequel lovers out there :-)

Why do you mock those of us that love poetry? It rhymes.
TCTTS
AG
Ok, that's pretty genius. I lost it at the "I've been trained" line followed by the guitar-playing Stormtrooper's "I don't know about that" head nod.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Ag Since 83
AG
My daily nerd trivia calendar delivered today

Brian Earl Spilner
AG
SpreadsheetAg
AG
SpreadsheetAg
AG
SpreadsheetAg
AG
Gigem314
AG
IronRed13 said:

That was....awesome.
Gigem314
AG
Flashdiaz said:

Does this make TLJ the Tax Day of Star Wars movies?
SpreadsheetAg
AG
Gigem314 said:

Flashdiaz said:

Does this make TLJ the Tax Day of Star Wars movies?

Yeah; you think your getting a refund; but SURPRISE!!! Rian Johnson sent you an IRS Audit!!
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Coog97
YellowPot_97 said:

Quote:

I wonder if Anakin's apprentice will show up in the movies. Was her story ever resolved in the clone wars show? I feel like it was cancelled before finding out what happened to her.

more episode of the Clone Wars cartoon are supposed to come out sometime this year. hopefully that will wrap up Ahsoka's story.
Alas, they can't really "wrap up" Ahsoka's story arc, since Rebels ended with Ahsoka and Sabine setting out together to find Ezra.

redline248
AG
That's the best thing I've seen on the Internet, today
Dro07
AG
Unless there is a flash forward
AliasMan02
AG
This guy isn't a Star Wars source but is a big fan and is in the media. Thought it was interesting.

SpreadsheetAg
AG
End to the Skywalker saga means Kylo likely doesn't survive and Rey is definitely unrelated... not really news or anything - but just more confirmation.

Quote:

ET also asked Abrams more about the upcoming Star Wars film, which is yet to be titled, but he was reluctant to share any details, as one would expect. But he does want fans to love it and feel like it's a good end to the Skywalker saga. "There are a lot of words that we all hope that you feel," he said. "And obviously the biggest, most important one I think is 'satisfied.'"

Abrams also talked about where it stands within the franchise. "I think that every movie is its own movie, and obviously this is a trilogy," he said. "We brought to that movie all the passion and hard work that we would have no matter what. So I think, you know, I think the story speaks for itself. I truly can't wait for you to see it."

https://www.bustle.com/p/jj-abrams-latest-star-wars-episode-ix-tease-will-make-lando-calrissian-fans-so-excited-16050069

I do like that he's excited and confident about his product. Hope it ends well!
The Collective
AG
What is funny about the Skywalker saga is that if Episode IX doesn't live up to internet fan expectations, then we will have about 6.5 (giving ROTJ a half failure) out of 9 movies that completely sucked per the internetz.
First Page Last Page
Page 792 of 1252

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.