Star Wars Discussion Thread

5,888,033 Views | 43965 Replies | Last: 2 hrs ago by TCTTS
Brian Earl Spilner
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I'm so ready for Celebration, if only for the fact that we'll finally have some concrete news to talk about, and actual Episode IX footage to discuss.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
How great would it be if George Lucas ended up sending him the money?
PatAg
AG
Forgive me if this was already posted

Funny, but also had some excellent points I think

takes about 20 seconds to get in
JCRiley09
AG
Hard to argue with any of the points there.
bearamedic99
AG
good post. refueling hate for TLJ
bearamedic99
AG
Hey,

does anyone here practice the Jedi faith? I'm curious today where they draw the line between canon and non-canon source material.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Statue on Jedha. (Rogue One)

Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Unrelated.

Duncan Idaho
bearamedic99 said:

Still better than the prequels
Cinco Ranch Aggie
AG
Duncan Idaho said:

bearamedic99 said:

Still better than the prequels
The prequels were to TLJ what TESB was to the prequels all other movies.
AliasMan02
AG
I have a question about future Star Wars film titles. Should they have modern sounding titles like Rogue One, Endgame, Fallout, and such?

Or should they go with something more Star Warsy like old serials? Titles like Raiders of the Lost Arc, The Mark of Zorro, Attack of the Clones, Heir to the Empire, etc.?

Like if there is a new movie centered around Aayla Secura surviving Order 66 on Felucia, should it be called something like:

Star Wars: Manhunt

Or

Star Wars: The Manhunt for Aayla Secura

?

These are the things I think about at work.
redline248
AG
The 2nd title sucks, but I don't think there is a hard rule on what titles "should" sound like for Star Wars.
redline248
AG
Speaking of Aayla Secura...

How does the Jedi Order legitimately discourage love/attachment, but let her dress like this:

edit for PSA: don't google her at work without safety filters
AliasMan02
AG
redline248 said:

The 2nd title sucks, but I don't think there is a hard rule on what titles "should" sound like for Star Wars.

There kinda is, though. The saga films have a had a distinct sort if throwback title scheme. The anthology films have bucked that trend.
TCTTS
AG
All I know is that we *should* be getting the Episode IX title at some point this month. The Last Jedi title reveal was January 23, 2017, so hopefully they stick with the same marketing/reveal cycle.

As for future titles, I bet they move away from serial-sounding titles. That was always very specifically a Lucas thing.
redline248
AG
AliasMan02 said:

redline248 said:

There kinda is, though. The saga films have a had a distinct sort if throwback title scheme. The anthology films have bucked that trend.
A movie for Aayla would be more anthology than saga. Specific elements in the title, rather than the generalities in the episode films.

Any saga stuff might be like
Star Wars: The Old Republic
Star Wars: The Dark Side Rises
Star Wars: The Code of the Jedi

or something.

Also, in the Original and Prequel trilogy the naming convention is the same. Noun (Hope, Phantom Menace), Noun/Verb (Empire Stikes, Clones Attack), Verb (Return of, Revenge of). New Trilogy broke with that.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
According to Carrie's brother Todd Fisher, he is thrilled with Leia's appearance in Episode IX.

Excited, but also glad to hear they've done right by her family.
Duncan Idaho
redline248 said:

How does the Jedi Order legitimately discourage love/attachment, but let her dress like this:

Nothing about casual hook ups.

Remember, It is the sith that have the rule of two.
AliasMan02
AG
Duncan Idaho said:

redline248 said:

Nothing about casual hook ups.

Remember, It is the sith that have the rule of two.

And it's not like they were that serious about it. Anakin, Obi-Wan, Ahsoka, Quinlan Vos, Kit Fisto, Kanan Jarrus... all had romantic attachments, and even wives and kids.

They were like 13th century bishops, preaching on and taking vows of celibacy and then going home to their mistresses, consorts, and families.
Wrec86 Ag
My wife had the Disney channel - it was the Phineas and Ferb Star Wars special from a couple years ago. It's hard to explain, but there were some legitimate laugh out loud moments. It follows the plot of A New Hope.

https://www.dailymotion.com/video/x55lqcm

If you're bored and have 45 minutes to kill, it's worth the watch.
redline248
AG
Who was Ahsoka's, and was it before she left the order?

Is it accurate to say that about Obi-Wan? He consistently put his duty over his feelings.
AliasMan02
AG
redline248 said:

Who was Ahsoka's, and was it before she left the order?

Is it accurate to say that about Obi-Wan? He consistently put his duty over his feelings.

Lux Bonteri for Ahsoka. And Kenobi was definitely in love with Satine.
SpreadsheetAg
AG
Star Wars Episode 9: The Living Force

Or

Star Wars Episode 9: The Will of the Force
SpreadsheetAg
AG
Proud Dad moment...

My 5 year old daughter and I have now watched Episodes 4 and 5 together. I was actually kind of dreading it because she is such a Disney Princess girl. But her Hobby horse is now a TaunTaun, she begs me to do Yoda impressions, and she is super excited to have a big secret to keep from her little sister (Vader is Luke's dad). She didn't believe the reveal and said something like "wait, what's going on here? Is this real?"

We are watching Ep1 TPM next... she's about to fall in love with podraces, Obiwan, and (please god no) JarJar...

Oh well, I can already see her laughing at all of JarJars idiocy.

But I am so happy she's becoming a Star Wars girl,
TCTTS
AG
Malachi Constant
redline248
AG
Seems obvious, but someone probably asked him directly
TCTTS
AG
Yeah, probably. There was also a rumor that the Obi-Wan movie might debut on the service, so that puts that to rest as well.
redline248
AG
I can't think of a worse idea, from Disney's perspective, than debuting a Star Wars film on a streaming service that the majority of people without kids won't use.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Agreed. This all seems like a "no duh" story. But, I do think Disney+ will be a hit even with adults, mainly due to The Mandalorian.
twilly
AG
Rumors are also swirling that Galaxys Edge Disneyland will be opening in late June. Season pass holders have access to all parts of the park...that is if there isn't something special going on where they expect larger than normal crowds.

Starting mid-June, there is a blackout that last the rest of the summer.

Also, CEO Bob Iger was recently asked about the park attendance and mentioned June likely to be a heavier than normal month for park revenue.
Belton Ag
AG
twilly said:

Rumors are also swirling that Galaxys Edge Disneyland will be opening in late June. Season pass holders have access to all parts of the park...that is if there isn't something special going on where they expect larger than normal crowds.

Starting mid-June, there is a blackout that last the rest of the summer.

Also, CEO Bob Iger was recently asked about the park attendance and mentioned June likely to be a heavier than normal month for park revenue.
https://www.ocregister.com/2019/01/04/disney-ceo-reveals-when-disneyland-will-open-star-wars-galaxys-edge/

Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Can't believe I hadn't seen this.

Belton Ag
AG
We rolled the dice and booked a trip to Disneyland for the first week of August. Hopefully Galaxy's Edge will have been open for a month and some of the kinks worked out.
First Page Last Page
Page 780 of 1257

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.