Star Wars Discussion Thread

5,858,617 Views | 43819 Replies | Last: 1 hr ago by TCTTS
Brian Earl Spilner
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Good call doing it before the price hike.
Belton Ag
AG
Brian Earl Spilner said:

Good call doing it before the price hike.
Yeah thanks. I'd been waiting and was probably going to book it for this time anyway, but when I read Iger's comments I decided we should pull the trigger. 5 days in Anaheim will give us 2-3 solid days at Galaxy's Edge.
Cinco Ranch Aggie
AG
Belton Ag said:

We rolled the dice and booked a trip to Disneyland for the first week of August. Hopefully Galaxy's Edge will have been open for a month and some of the kinks worked out.
I'm getting ready to book to Disney World, and am currently sweating this thing out. My pessimistic side is certain that it will open after my Thanksgiving trip, or if open, I won't be able to secure any Fast Passes for anything in Star Wars Land.
gougler08
AG
Cinco Ranch Aggie said:

Belton Ag said:

We rolled the dice and booked a trip to Disneyland for the first week of August. Hopefully Galaxy's Edge will have been open for a month and some of the kinks worked out.
I'm getting ready to book to Disney World, and am currently sweating this thing out. My pessimistic side is certain that it will open after my Thanksgiving trip, or if open, I won't be able to secure any Fast Passes for anything in Star Wars Land.

You can do fast passes 2 or 3 months out right? I'd set a calendar reminder and do that first thing in the morning when it's available
SpreadsheetAg
AG
Yep, hit one park per day, get your fast passes lined up for as early as possible in the day (i.e. 8:05, 9:10: 10:15, etc), and as soon as you have your first 3 used up; break out the Disney Parks App to sign up for more.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
It's 60 days out, if you're staying at a WDW hotel.

And believe me, you'll need to do it the second it's up. I believe you can do it either at midnight, or very early morning on that day.

I suggest getting your Star Wars related fastpasses for sure. (And if you're doing the other parks, priority #1 after SW should be Avatar Flight of Passage.)
Belton Ag
AG
The thing that bugs me about WDW that you don't see in Anaheim (that I'm sure is coming) is having to book a ride 60 days out. I know all of the logic behind it and understand why it's better than a free for all on a daily basis, but the massive crowds and fast-passes take away the spontaneity that I used to enjoy going to the parks. This is one of the reasons I don't care to go on cruises.
Cinco Ranch Aggie
AG
gougler08 said:

Cinco Ranch Aggie said:

Belton Ag said:

You can do fast passes 2 or 3 months out right? I'd set a calendar reminder and do that first thing in the morning when it's available
I believe that's right. 60 days is what I think I saw.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Wait... what?

https://wegotthiscovered.com/movies/han-solo-rumored-return-star-wars-episode-ix/amp/
Dro07
AG
Qira and Han is Rey's parents!!!
The Collective
AG
The hell?
twilly
AG
Maybe revisiting that time tunnel place from the end of Rebels?
TCTTS
AG
This being the end of the saga, I have no doubt Abrams is going to try and include everyone he can, even if through flashbacks...
Dekker_Lentz
AG
dromo07 said:

Qira and Han is Rey's parents!!!

Still thinking grandparents. The timeline makes more sense.

Then Rey's parents can be the drunken junk traders.

Quad Dog
AG
Wouldn't be the first time someone in Star Wars used a lie to disguise the truth about someone's parents.
Dro07
AG
You think Han Solo is her grandad?
Dekker_Lentz
AG
dromo07 said:

You think Han Solo is her grandad?

I think it is more plausible than father, if Qi'ra is the mother.

So Solo is roughly 13-10 years before A New Hope. And Force Awakens is 34 years after a New Hope.

That give 44 ish years to play with. Which makes grandchild feel more plausible. Han and Qi'ra have a kid together before a New Hope. Han doesn't know about the kid. Qi'ra and kid have adventures (Future stories for Disney to mine) and then that kid and someone else have Rey.

The limiting factor is Qi'ra. I think based on Solo timeline she would have to have Rey in her mid 40's. Seems a stretch.
redline248
AG
Random thought about Rey's parents. After Force Awakens, Daisy Ridley said in some random interview that she though it was obvious in the movie who Rey's parents were. So, after the force vision and everything else, it was obvious her parents were nobodies? It was obvious Luke's lightsaber called to her because her parents were nobodies?

I hate Last Jedi more and more every day.
AgMarauder04
AG
It can't hurt you anymore.
redline248
AG
AgMarauder04 said:

It can't hurt you anymore.

Well I think you're wrong about that
Flashdiaz
AG
Flashback with Luke, Han and Leai talking while little Kylo is burning toys in the background.
BMX Bandit
Quote:

he limiting factor is Qi'ra. I think based on Solo timeline she would have to have Rey in her mid 40's. Seems a stretch.
What does canon say about the gestational timeframe for Corellians?
Dekker_Lentz
AG
No idea. My 8th edition Star Wars Encyclopedia was silent on the issue.

But I guess really my point however limited it may be, is that it makes more sense if Han and Qi'ra had a kid it would before A New Hope instead of after Return of the Jedi. Which would allow for another generation.
SpreadsheetAg
AG
Possible

• Han and Qi'ra have kid as young adults; Han doesn't know
  • Han meets Leia 2-5 years later
  • Han becomes a General in RotJ
  • Han and Leia hookup and have a baby, Ben
  • Baby Solo 1 "Qi'han" shows up some years later as a trader, tells Han he's 17 years old and the son of Qi'ra who is now dead, claims to be Han's son and when questioned Han says, "Ah he's just a junk dealer from Corellia"
  • Ben is shipped off to Skywalker Ranch to study under Luke and become future-Kylo
  • More is revealed about the trader, who turns out is Han's son; Leia leaves Han over the deceit, Kylo is pissed, etc.
  • Later, Qi'han - who has a daughter with "gifts" - approaches Han about getting her to see Luke for force sensitivity testing because he's heard rumors...
  • Han relents, Luke takes her in, trains her a little, sees her future, sees the dark side potential and gives her back
  • Her parents, dejected by the Jedi rejection, sell her off on Jakku as worthless...
  • Years later Rey shows up, the daughter of a "junk dealer", Force sensitive and adept (Mary Sue), and apparently some kind of hidden secret in the Solo / Skywalker history

So from a certain point of view, she's the daughter of a junk dealer and still an important figure in the galactic family of Solo/Skywalker
PatAg
AG
So we're in the bad fan fiction part of the year eh?
The Collective
AG
PatAg said:

With Star Wars, it only gets worse until the movie is released.
SpreadsheetAg
AG
PatAg said:

I can only work with what I am given, and between JJ teeing up Rey's parents being supremely relevant and RJ saying, <head fake> "Made you look" <tosses lightsaber over shoulder> this is just a possible way to make it fit?

From Kylo's POV her parents are known to be junk dealers, nobodies.

From everyone else's POV they are somewhat significant because they are from the Solo family tree, and caused a rift between Father/Son and Husband/Wife, etc.

Blame RJ, not me
Farmer1906
AG
Well done
The Collective
AG
SpreadsheetAg said:

Blame RJ, not me

gougler08
AG
CJS4715 said:

PatAg said:

With Star Wars, it only gets worse until the movie is released.
It gets worse after the movie too with people who think it should have been done differently...it never ends
TCTTS
AG
This is basically what message boards are for. I don't understand the complaint.

"I'm tired of people speculating about a franchise they love and then wishing it were better when it's not."

What else are we supposed to talk about?

You're in the wrong place if any of this annoys you.
gougler08
AG
TCTTS said:

This is basically what message boards are for. I don't understand the complaint.

"I'm tired of people speculating about a franchise they love and then wishing it were better when it's not."

What else are we supposed to talk about?

You're in the wrong place if any of this annoys you.

I guess my tone was wrong...doesn't necessarily annoy me but to act like it will stop after a movie isn't right either, that's more what I was getting at
The Collective
AG
Hey, I love speculation - my youtube history is full of dudes with similar sounding voices telling me what may happen in Episode IX.
hurleyag
AG
SpreadsheetAg said:

Possible

• Han and Qi'ra have kid as young adults; Han doesn't know
  • Han meets Leia 2-5 years later
  • Han becomes a General in RotJ
  • Han and Leia hookup and have a baby, Ben
  • Baby Solo 1 "Qi'han" shows up some years later as a trader, tells Han he's 17 years old and the son of Qi'ra who is now dead, claims to be Han's son and when questioned Han says, "Ah he's just a junk dealer from Corellia"
  • Ben is shipped off to Skywalker Ranch to study under Luke and become future-Kylo
  • More is revealed about the trader, who turns out is Han's son; Leia leaves Han over the deceit, Kylo is pissed, etc.
  • Later, Qi'han - who has a daughter with "gifts" - approaches Han about getting her to see Luke for force sensitivity testing because he's heard rumors...
  • Han relents, Luke takes her in, trains her a little, sees her future, sees the dark side potential and gives her back
  • Her parents, dejected by the Jedi rejection, sell her off on Jakku as worthless...
  • Years later Rey shows up, the daughter of a "junk dealer", Force sensitive and adept (Mary Sue), and apparently some kind of hidden secret in the Solo / Skywalker history

So from a certain point of view, she's the daughter of a junk dealer and still an important figure in the galactic family of Solo/Skywalker
Only real issue I see. Luke didn't know who she was.
SpreadsheetAg
AG
Brian Earl Spilner said:

Can't believe I hadn't seen this.

There are some great subtle and overt jabs at the choreography and dialogue here... well done.
First Page Last Page
Page 781 of 1252

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.