Star Wars Discussion Thread

3,173,658 Views | 30650 Replies | Last: 20 min ago by 512Ag
AliasMan02
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Flashdiaz said:

Flashback with Luke, Han and Leai talking while little Kylo is burning toys in the background.


This is the strongest possibility, I think.
agracer
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
CJS4715 said:

PatAg said:

So we're in the bad fan fiction part of the year eh?


With Star Wars, it only gets worse until the movie is released.
Then Disney fiction says "hold my light saber"
TV Casualty
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
PatAg said:

So we're in the bad fan fiction part of the year eh?


Disney could have made better movies going off of fan fiction on the internet rather than the crap Abrams, Kennedy, and Johnson have been shoveling our way.
bearamedic99
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
It's also totally possible with their tech level to have Rey frozen as an embryo or fertilized egg once khaleesi discovered she was pregnant but felt it wasn't safe at the time to be pregnant or have a baby
Hello there
How long do you want to ignore this user?
CJS4715
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Meh. There is some truly epic trash out there.
Fenrir
How long do you want to ignore this user?
CJS4715 said:

Meh. There is some truly epic trash out there.
Jesus, can we stop talking about The Last Jedi already?
CJS4715
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Fenrir said:

CJS4715 said:

Meh. There is some truly epic trash out there.
Jesus, can we stop talking about The Last Jedi already?
Hello there
How long do you want to ignore this user?
jabberwalkie09
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG


Wasn't able to find the thread for it quickly and I'm not sure anyone is still watching the show Resistance, I know I stopped after the first couple of episodes, but the mid season trailer makes me want to jump back into it. Kind of gives me the impression that it's becoming what I wished it was at the start.
redline248
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Yeah, that's what I need...more droids driving vehicles and running over Storm troopers
dromo07
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
maybe they finally realized that the first half really sucked and having Kaz as a Jar Jar character was terrible missa think.
AliasMan02
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
jabberwalkie09 said:



Wasn't able to find the thread for it quickly and I'm not sure anyone is still watching the show Resistance, I know I stopped after the first couple of episodes, but the mid season trailer makes me want to jump back into it. Kind of gives me the impression that it's becoming what I wished it was at the start.


It's good (not Rebels good) and follows the Star Wars animation mold: starts out pretty kiddy and goofy and gets more grounded, serious, and adult as it moves forward.
jabberwalkie09
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
AliasMan02 said:

jabberwalkie09 said:



Wasn't able to find the thread for it quickly and I'm not sure anyone is still watching the show Resistance, I know I stopped after the first couple of episodes, but the mid season trailer makes me want to jump back into it. Kind of gives me the impression that it's becoming what I wished it was at the start.


It's good (not Rebels good) and follows the Star Wars animation mold: starts out pretty kiddy and goofy and gets more grounded, serious, and adult as it moves forward.

Worth investing time into to get up to speed before he back half of the season?

It also apparently got renewed for season 2.
YouBet
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
AliasMan02 said:

jabberwalkie09 said:



Wasn't able to find the thread for it quickly and I'm not sure anyone is still watching the show Resistance, I know I stopped after the first couple of episodes, but the mid season trailer makes me want to jump back into it. Kind of gives me the impression that it's becoming what I wished it was at the start.


It's good (not Rebels good) and follows the Star Wars animation mold: starts out pretty kiddy and goofy and gets more grounded, serious, and adult as it moves forward.
So, what is the deal with that? I've been slowly churning through Clone Wars (I'm way behind everyone else) and I watched Season 2 Episode 5 this last weekend. For context, and for anyone who remembers, its the episode where they go attack Genosa again because the bug leader is building a droid factory.

It was kickass. Probably some of the best SW action I've seen in a long, long time. I actually want to rewatch it on my big tv for the sound.

Edit: I left out a sentence...my point being this episode was the first one I watched that had me feeling like it was a full-blown Star Wars show. Plus, we seemed to have seen an escalation in force powers in this episode when Anakin and Asoka platform jumped from a 200-300 ft structure while simultaneously force lifting Cody all the way down only to stop their fall mid-flight right before they hit ground so they can land softly.

Saw something similar in TPM when Kenobi and Qui Gon were jumping out of a ventilation shaft down to the bay floor which was a good distance but nothing like this that I recall.
dromo07
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I would say clone wars was great but rebels was hitting its stride. Clone wars made me dislike episode 2 and 3 more because I think it portrayed Anakin a ton beers than the episodes and was no where near as whiny plus Ahsoka was awesome.

Rebels started off slow churning and then started hitting its stride 2nd season and ended up being my favorite so far.

Resistance for me has been pretty bad and gave up half way. I may start it back when the season is over so I can binge them.
dromo07
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
AliasMan02
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Worth going through. They're only 20 minutes each.
Flashdiaz
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Just watched Solo again on Netflix... I do hope they make a sequel or series on their new platform.
Urban Ag
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
TV Casualty said:

PatAg said:

So we're in the bad fan fiction part of the year eh?


Disney could have made better movies going off of fan fiction on the internet rather than the crap Abrams, Kennedy, and Johnson have been shoveling our way.
Slightly perplexed by this sentiment.

We're four movies in with Disney.

The Force Awakens was good, not great, but good.
Rogue One was absolutely amazing. Top 3 general consensus.
TLJ was bad. No argument there.
Solo was good. Better than TFA in my opinion. Generally well received by critics and fans alike. It had disappointing performance at the box office but there are a lot of compelling reasons to explain that beyond the quality of the film itself.

Disney is not hitting it out of the park with SW the way they are with the MCU. But to act like SW has become hot garbage overall seems completely unfounded.
Hello there
How long do you want to ignore this user?
MGS
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Flashdiaz said:

Just watched Solo again on Netflix... I do hope they make a sequel or series on their new platform.
It definitely felt to me that Solo was more of a pilot to a TV series than a standalone movie.
Farmer1906
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Quote:

Rogue One was absolutely amazing. Top 3 general consensus


Huh?
double aught
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Hello there said:


I've never seen these before. What's the backstory?
daggertx
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Urban Ag said:

TV Casualty said:

PatAg said:

So we're in the bad fan fiction part of the year eh?


Disney could have made better movies going off of fan fiction on the internet rather than the crap Abrams, Kennedy, and Johnson have been shoveling our way.
Slightly perplexed by this sentiment.

We're four movies in with Disney.

The Force Awakens was good, not great, but good.
Rogue One was absolutely amazing. Top 3 general consensus.
TLJ was bad. No argument there.
Solo was good. Better than TFA in my opinion. Generally well received by critics and fans alike. It had disappointing performance at the box office but there are a lot of compelling reasons to explain that beyond the quality of the film itself.

Disney is not hitting it out of the park with SW the way they are with the MCU. But to act like SW has become hot garbage overall seems completely unfounded.
TLJ killed star wars for me and a lot of people. I no longer care about it at all and will no longer pay money to see the movies.

Its dead Jim,

Also, the force awakens was jar jar territory. I loved the part when mary sue beat a sith having never used a lightsaber before, and the exact same plot as a New Hope. Really?



Hello there
How long do you want to ignore this user?
double aught said:

Hello there said:


I've never seen these before. What's the backstory?
https://www.reddit.com/r/PrequelMemes
Flashdiaz
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
daggertx said:

Urban Ag said:

TV Casualty said:

PatAg said:

So we're in the bad fan fiction part of the year eh?


Disney could have made better movies going off of fan fiction on the internet rather than the crap Abrams, Kennedy, and Johnson have been shoveling our way.
Slightly perplexed by this sentiment.

We're four movies in with Disney.

The Force Awakens was good, not great, but good.
Rogue One was absolutely amazing. Top 3 general consensus.
TLJ was bad. No argument there.
Solo was good. Better than TFA in my opinion. Generally well received by critics and fans alike. It had disappointing performance at the box office but there are a lot of compelling reasons to explain that beyond the quality of the film itself.

Disney is not hitting it out of the park with SW the way they are with the MCU. But to act like SW has become hot garbage overall seems completely unfounded.
TLJ killed star wars for me and a lot of people. I no longer care about it at all and will no longer pay money to see the movies.

Its dead Jim,

Also, the force awakens was jar jar territory. I loved the part when mary sue beat a sith having never used a lightsaber before, and the exact same plot as a New Hope. Really?




so you're saying The Force Awakens is as unoriginal as your post. Got it.
Hello there
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Quote:

Its dead Jim




Cinco Ranch Aggie
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Farmer1906 said:

Quote:

Rogue One was absolutely amazing. Top 3 general consensus


Huh?
The Empire Strikes Back
A New Hope
Rogue One .... is my top 3, and I've seen that ranking many places as well.
Ag Since 83
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
daggertx said:

Urban Ag said:

TV Casualty said:

PatAg said:

So we're in the bad fan fiction part of the year eh?


Disney could have made better movies going off of fan fiction on the internet rather than the crap Abrams, Kennedy, and Johnson have been shoveling our way.
Slightly perplexed by this sentiment.

We're four movies in with Disney.

The Force Awakens was good, not great, but good.
Rogue One was absolutely amazing. Top 3 general consensus.
TLJ was bad. No argument there.
Solo was good. Better than TFA in my opinion. Generally well received by critics and fans alike. It had disappointing performance at the box office but there are a lot of compelling reasons to explain that beyond the quality of the film itself.

Disney is not hitting it out of the park with SW the way they are with the MCU. But to act like SW has become hot garbage overall seems completely unfounded.
TLJ killed star wars for me and a lot of people. I no longer care about it at all and will no longer pay money to see the movies.

Its dead Jim,

Also, the force awakens was jar jar territory. I loved the part when mary sue beat a sith having never used a lightsaber before, and the exact same plot as a New Hope. Really?






And you're posting on this thread about this thing you don't care about.
Farmer1906
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Cinco Ranch Aggie said:

Farmer1906 said:

Quote:

Rogue One was absolutely amazing. Top 3 general consensus


Huh?
The Empire Strikes Back
A New Hope
Rogue One .... is my top 3, and I've seen that ranking many places as well.


And that is fine but I'd say it's far from consensus.
Sarduakar
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Rogue one is in third for me as well. Solo is probably tied for 4th with RotJ
redline248
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Finn and Kylo should have both died from their saber wounds, but Disney

#hottake
SpreadsheetAg
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I want to know when were going to get books about Luke Skywalker post-ROTJ and pre-Kylo
AliasMan02
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
SpreadsheetAg said:

I want to know when were going to get books about Luke Skywalker post-ROTJ and pre-Kylo

Books about Luke tend to be some of the worst in the Canon, or the old EU.
Page 782 of 876
 
×
Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.