Star Wars Discussion Thread

5,888,339 Views | 43965 Replies | Last: 3 hrs ago by TCTTS
Malachi Constant
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
TheEyeGuy said:

Blatant Disregard said:

Enlightening post.... wee_ag, eh?
I am not wee_ag. wee_ag is a legend in his own right. Particularly for his part in the great Texas A&M Mincecraft map.

I stole his screen shot, that's all.
Liquid Wrench
I didn't know it was set up through gmail. I never bothered with alias/forwarding emails since they used to be such a pita.
TheEyeGuy
Sponsor
AG
Blatant Disregard said:

TheEyeGuy said:

Blatant Disregard said:

Enlightening post.... wee_ag, eh?
I am not wee_ag. wee_ag is a legend in his own right. Particularly for his part in the great Texas A&M Mincecraft map.

I stole his screen shot, that's all.
Was like... he has a sock....
Owner of Texian Firearms:
Dealer in Firearms, Optics, Night Vision and other shooting accessories.
US importer/distributor of Rudolph Optics
Supporting bad financial decisions since 2015
TCTTS
AG
"11-14 years before the events of A New Hope."

redline248
AG
Han never seemed that much older than Luke/Leia. Are we talking Padme/Anakin age gap, here?
Zombie Jon Snow
AG
redline248 said:

Han never seemed that much older than Luke/Leia. Are we talking Padme/Anakin age gap, here?

He did to me... like 10-12 years older.

Mostly I suppose based on Harrison being 9 years older than Mark and 15 years older than Carrie.

He routinely called Luke kid. Luke talked about another season or so before going to the academy which I perceived to be a post adulthood (18) thing.

I imagined Luke/Leia as 18-20 and Han as 30-32 before I knew the actual ages.

Officially Han was 29 and Luke/Leia were 19 in Star Wars.

Zombie Jon Snow
AG

Another one that might surprise you is Poe he was born 2 years after SW so during ESB.

and Kylo was born 3 years later right after RotJ.

FYI Kylo and Rey have the exact same age difference as Luke/Han - 10 years.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
And I suppose they probably knew each other for most of Kylo's childhood.

Before this, of course.

Was this ever made clear in any comics/books?
redline248
AG
Quote:

And I suppose they probably knew each other for most of Kylo's childhood.
You're talking about Poe and Kylo? I don't think so, at least not from what I've gathered. In Bloodline, Ben is already off with Luke and Leia hasn't started the Resistance yet. Until the very, very end...and Poe is not part of her initial group. Not sure how/when he came to join, but it just doesn't seem likely he and Ben knew each other.
The Shank Ag
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Ah, gotcha. I'd assumed the Resistance had existed for a while by the time Ben left with Luke.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Apparently, in the opening scene of TLJ, when Poe says "Happy beeps, buddy", he was responding to BB-8 saying he had a bad feeling about this.
AliasMan02
AG
With Rebels ending, I've been thinking about what we'll get from Filoni and company next. I think they'll hand him a life action show and they'll develop a new animated show, for sure. I wonder if the animated series will take place during the Resistance era, and possibly be Black Squadron.
israeliag
AG
We may have mentioned this here before, but with all the Red Sparrow commercial ials it reminded me of Joel Edgerton in Star Wars, so when we get that Kenobi movie he'll have to reprise his role as Uncke Owen right?

A Ewan McGregor and Joel Edgerton billing sounds pretty great.
israeliag
AG
A live action series would be terrific and in this day and age, plus the upcoming Disney streaming service it's about time.

Wonder if they resurrect that underground/gangs of Courascant idea that Lucas had before selling SW.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Yeah, you gotta think they get him for it.
Dro07
AG
I think the next animated series should be about Luke finding all the Jedi aritifacts, setting up the Jedi academy, watching Ben turn while possibly giving some background on snoke. Also show a young girl that is really talented with the force that Luke has to place in exile. You know kinda like he fixed Anikan and some plot holes by making clone wars
AgMarauder04
AG
AliasMan02 said:

With Rebels ending, I've been thinking about what we'll get from Filoni and company next. I think they'll hand him a life action show and they'll develop a new animated show, for sure. I wonder if the animated series will take place during the Resistance era, and possibly be Black Squadron.
GTFO.

ROGUE SQUADRON.

FOR THE LOVE OF GOD.
AliasMan02
AG
AgMarauder04 said:

AliasMan02 said:

GTFO.

ROGUE SQUADRON.

FOR THE LOVE OF GOD.

I thought about that but I think they'll do something later in the timeline, so basically Rogue Squadron of the Resistance era.
AgMarauder04
AG
I'm ok with that too...but an X-Wing Squadron show would be awesome if done right.
AliasMan02
AG
I'd hate to be a Lucasfilm person who has to deal with internet people all day, but still... Andi seems to be something of a trainwreck. I hope she's okay but she does seem to really love the drama. Or am I reading that wrong?

redline248
AG
Here's the thing about having "to deal with internet people all day..."

You don't have to. You don't have to respond. You don't have to read the comments. You can ignore. People who get into twitter arguments with twitter critics/trolls are not smart.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG

Damn. Sucks for her but, she needs to learn to deal with internet trolls better than this. Or just stupid online hate.
twilly
AG
There are certainly a few people at Lucasfilm that enjoy trolling the fanboys. Andi is definitely one of them. For example:

What those folks don't understand fully is that the fanboys buy the overpriced toys and action figures that generate the royalties that help pay their salary and keep the franchise moving. Also, she wouldn't have a job hosting Star Wars YouTube shows if it weren't for the overly dedicated fan. Do not dish out what you cannot take.
boogieman
AG
Wait. What is she "done" about? What set this all off?
redline248
AG
boogieman said:

Wait. What is she "done" about? What set this all off?
In that particular tweet, she's "done" arguing with internet/twitter trolls. Some random fan account took a screen shot from her show. She's standing next to a picture from Return of the Jedi with a red X drawn on Luke's face. The fan account is claiming that is proof that Lucasfilm hates Star Wars and is only trying to sh-t on the fans.

Saul Goodman
AG
I love Star Wars, but how much of a f'ing loser do you have to be to dig deep like that to get offended over a fictional character.
redline248
AG
Yep
fig96
AG
Saul Goodman said:

I love Star Wars, but how much of a f'ing loser do you have to be to dig deep like that to get offended over a fictional character.
"This needs to go viral."

Um, ok.
AliasMan02
AG
She even had previously explained the picture. I don't recall if it's her cube or a neighbor, but it's all decked out in an Imperial theme. The X over Luke is in the vein of the other Imperial propaganda.
AliasMan02
AG
Pablo said this earlier about people who devote their whole online life to a crusade against Lucasfilm:

Brian Earl Spilner
AG
That RebelLibrarian twitter account is just pathetic.
Urban Ag
AG
Saul Goodman said:

Seriously? Have you kept up with this thread? Rebel Librarian likely posts here.
jabberwalkie09
AG
Urban Ag said:

Saul Goodman said:

Seriously? Have you kept up with this thread? Rebel Librarian likely posts here.

Nah, I'm betting it's someone at the force.net. That's a certain level of scrum and villainy unmatched imo when it comes to canon and pettiness over characters.
The Collective
AG
This place nor politics is anywhere near the level of insanity found on theforce.net.
First Page Last Page
Page 682 of 1257

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.