Star Wars Discussion Thread

5,889,070 Views | 43965 Replies | Last: 6 hrs ago by TCTTS
wangus12
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
TCTTS said:

The stunned look on Daisy's face when its Dame Judi Dench demanding answers. I'd love for her to be in Star Wars.

And Kreia was exactly my thought
Ag Since 83
AG
Celebration news: Felicity Jones is coming

Interesting she would be coming without another film on the horizon. She will be signing autographs
TCTTS
AG
Celebration will likely be a week, two at most, after the Rogue One Blu-ray/digital release hits. I'm sure they're having her there to promote that in some way.
Ag Since 83
AG
Makes sense.

If Zahn showed up for a book signing to promote the new Thrawn book that would be 2 autographs I would be interested in getting
AliasMan02
AG
I don't know how many of you will appreciate this, but it's super awesome for long time Star Wars ubergeeks.

A writer and artist for the original Star Wars RPG by West End Games have produced a short fan supplement for RO, using all the original styles.

https://www.erictrautmann.us/2017/02/08/i-am-one-with-the-force-the-force-is-with-me/

https://image.jimcdn.com/app/cms/image/transf/dimension=500x1024:format=jpg/path/s9ed6083e26d686b4/image/i1d2d427d82ac4992/version/1486592152/image.jpg

https://image.jimcdn.com/app/cms/image/transf/dimension=1920x400:format=jpg/path/s9ed6083e26d686b4/image/i8c325f81245eebab/version/1486591731/image.jpg

This game existed before there was even an EU. Many canon elements of Star Wars originated from WEG, and when Zahn was hired to write Heir to the Empire, he was given WEG materials as reference. Despite a couple of versions of the game by the makers of D&D, and now a great version by Fantasy Flight, this is the most beloved game despite being out of print for decades. Its ruleset is actually the basis for the RPG that I publish.
TCTTS
AG
http://variety.com/2017/film/news/phoebe-waller-bridge-han-solo-1201981768/
fig96
AG

AliasMan02
AG
fig96 said:

I'm never gonna give up on the dream of a big screen Ahsoka, despite the fact that I know it's so unlikely.
fig96
AG
AliasMan02 said:

fig96 said:

I'm never gonna give up on the dream of a big screen Ahsoka, despite the fact that I know it's so unlikely.
Could potentially be "A Star Wars Story"?
AliasMan02
AG
Potentially for sure. Just that it would be tough to sell. Lots of character ground to cover... to tell her story you'd have to get into how she was Anakin's padawan, and that's a whole can of worms. It would be a great limited series on Netflix or whatever.

To get it made, Dawson needs to go all Deadpool on it. Put together a 5 minute featurette with her playing Ahsoka, with the creative team who is pitching the movie.
Farmer1906
AG
AliasMan02 said:

Potentially for sure. Just that it would be tough to sell. Lots of character ground to cover... to tell her story you'd have to get into how she was Anakin's padawan, and that's a whole can of worms. It would be a great limited series on Netflix or whatever.

To get it made, Dawson needs to go all Deadpool on it. Put together a 5 minute featurette with her playing Ahsoka, with the creative team who is pitching the movie.

Oh yes please.
redline248
AG
Disney ain't Fox. Won't happen.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Quote:

Following the release of Rogue One, excitement for Star Wars: Episode VIII has been slowly building, starting when Disney announced the film's official title in January.

To much fan excitement, Disney CEO Bob Iger has revealed he's seen an early cut of the upcoming main-saga instalment.

"Star Wars: The Last Jedi, otherwise known as Episode VIII, will open in December and I just saw it last week," he said in a statement alongside the company's Q1 earnings release.

"It's a great next chapter in the iconic Skywalker family saga. It will be followed by our Han Solo origin film, which is just going into production."
Wow. 10 months out and there's already an early cut?
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
http://www.nme.com/news/film/new-star-wars-fan-theory-claims-to-uncover-identity-of-reys-father-1971483
TCTTS
AG
Most blockbusters - heck, most big studio movies in general now - edit all throughout filming. I bet there was a half-decent, super rough cut of the movie ready a month after filming was complete. For a movie like this they have to get the edit locked as early as possible so as to not waste money on effects. You need to know that a shot is, say, three seconds long, so you're not paying for any more effects work than you have to. That, and remember, the release date change from May 2017 to December 2017 wasn't announced until like a couple of weeks before filming. The shooting schedule was in place for a May 2017 release, and they didn't change the release date until after all that was set. Had they stuck with that date, they'd likely be scoring the movie now with a locked picture, so, all things considered, it's not that surprising.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
https://disneyparks.disney.go.com/blog/2017/02/star-wars-themed-lands-at-disney-parks-set-to-open-in-2019/
double aught
AG
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Hadn't even heard about this.

https://moviepilot.com/p/leia-solo-star-wars-movie-millie-bobby-brown/4185814

A Leia movie is probably not even in the works, but if it were, I would LOVE to see Millie Bobby Brown play a young Leia.
redline248
AG
Of course you'd be the one looking forward to another Senate heavy movie
wangus12
AG
AliasMan02 said:

fig96 said:

I'd be stoked for an Ahsoka movie, just not with Dawson playing her
AgMarauder04
AG
Brian Earl Spilner said:

Hadn't even heard about this.

https://moviepilot.com/p/leia-solo-star-wars-movie-millie-bobby-brown/4185814

A Leia movie is probably not even in the works, but if it were, I would LOVE to see Millie Bobby Brown play a young Leia.

Please no more movies about OT characters. (I'll give you Obi Wan) but I want Disney to have some balls and venture out. OT Character "origin" stories are lame and stale.
The Collective
AG
AgMarauder04 said:

Please no more movies about OT characters. (I'll give you Obi Wan) but I want Disney to have some balls and venture out. OT Character "origin" stories are lame and stale.

I'm with you. I still liked Brian's post, because she looked so much like Leia though.
Flashdiaz
AG
wangus12 said:

AliasMan02 said:

fig96 said:

I'd be stoked for an Ahsoka movie, just not with Dawson playing her
she already has a white lightsaber

The Collective
AG
It would be difficult to have Ahsoka without Ashley's voice.
Zombie Jon Snow
AG

Ok....admission here, I sometimes get people confused....when Rosario Dawson was mentioned my mind thought we were talking about

...and I was like "seriously"????...with that accent???

lol.

now i get it.
redline248
AG
CJS4715 said:

It would be difficult to have Ahsoka without Ashley's voice.
Star Wars has a long history of using one actor for body and another for voice.

I still don't think we'll ever see Ahsoka in a live action film
jokershady
AG
lunchbox said:

dont know if it's been mentioned....but one had the death of a skywalker, while the other had a birth of 2 skywalkers.....so what does that mean for this film?
Zombie Jon Snow
AG
jokershady said:

lunchbox said:

dont know if it's been mentioned....but one had the death of a skywalker, while the other had a birth of 2 skywalkers.....so what does that mean for this film?

Shockingly...they were ALL about Skywalkers....so....yeah.
The Collective
AG
jokershady said:

Red letters just make the canon more meaningful as it means the movie has the words of Jedi Jesus.
3rdGen2015
AG
jokershady said:

lunchbox said:

Well, the same Skywalker died in both of those films from a certain point of view
redline248
AG
As was Luke born in both films from a certain point of view.
jokershady
AG
Ah! A certain point of view. I get it now!

Cinco Ranch Aggie
AG
I am somewhat familiar with the Asoka character in that I know who she is, Anakin's padawan. Have not really watched much of the cartoon stuff even though I own all of them.

I would like to see a live action "Star Wars Story" featuring her character, but not from the time of the Clone Wars. Something from the time frame between the trilogies. Did she totally abandon the Jedi order? Did she go into hiding as Yoda did? Surely Vader could sense her continued existence - did he ever attempt to find her to fulfill Order 66?

I also really am not that interested in "Star Wars Story" movies featuring primary characters from the OT. A young Leia movie is just not that compelling. Ditto for most of the other characters as well.

The only exceptions I make for this would be for an Obi Wan movie or even a trilogy, or perhaps a tangent film to the already in-the-works Han Solo movie that focus on Lando. Not interested in a Boba Fett movie. I know he is considered a bad ass who looks cool but really, what did he ever do? He took a shot at Luke and sped away with frozen Han Solo in Empire, then ends up getting knocked off a skiff into the mouth of a sand critter in Jedi. Hardly awe-inspiring. His father Jango was a much more interesting and bad ass character who at least was portrayed as capable of going toe-to-toe with Obi Wan before losing a battle against Mace Windu.
Flashdiaz
AG
Cinco Ranch Aggie said:

I would like to see a live action "Star Wars Story" featuring her character, but not from the time of the Clone Wars. Something from the time frame between the trilogies. Did she totally abandon the Jedi order? Did she go into hiding as Yoda did? Surely Vader could sense her continued existence - did he ever attempt to find her to fulfill Order 66?

I highly recommend the last episode of season 2 of Star Wars Rebels.

and I agree with Fett... I do like the character but i'm not sure I want to watch an entire movie about him because they'll need to give him some sort of moral code. I'd rather him just be a silent badass. Maybe touch on this badassness in the Solo film, make him a direct rival to Solo.
wangus12
AG
If everyone didn't know, Netflix is removing The Clone Wars from their listings in March

http://screenrant.com/star-wars-clone-wars-netflix/
First Page Last Page
Page 550 of 1257

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.