Star Wars Discussion Thread

5,889,310 Views | 43965 Replies | Last: 7 hrs ago by TCTTS
redline248
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I always thought it was pretty obvious how badly the Jedi failed during that time.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
I see that years later. Back when I saw Sith, for whatever reason, I saw it more as a personal failure of Anakin.
Dro07
AG
both the jedi and the prequels were failures
The Collective
AG
quote:
both the jedi and the prequels were failures

Give someone like Filoni a shoestring budget, and let him retell the fall of Anakin Skywalker. Guarantee it is 100x better than what we got. They wouldn't have to erase all of the canon created by the prequels - just tell from another perspective...similar to the Bible having 4 gospels.
TCTTS
AG
http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/heat-vision/star-wars-spin-off-movies-what-should-they-be-921584
The Collective
AG
Who the **** voted for IG-88?
hunter2012
AG
quote:
http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/heat-vision/star-wars-spin-off-movies-what-should-they-be-921584

Lost Stars would be a d*mn fine movie. If they ever do a "from the empire's perspective" I hope they look at Lost Stars for a script.
redline248
AG
From that article:
quote:
Mace Windu: George Lucas recently gave his blessing to Samuel L. Jackson's assertions that Mace Windu somehow survived getting blown off a skyscraper with Force lightning in Revenge of the Sith.
No. No, no, no. WTF is wrong with George Lucas?
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Obi Wan winning handily.
hunter2012
AG
quote:
From that article:
quote:
Mace Windu: George Lucas recently gave his blessing to Samuel L. Jackson's assertions that Mace Windu somehow survived getting blown off a skyscraper with Force lightning in Revenge of the Sith.
No. No, no, no. WTF is wrong with George Lucas?

I actually found it likely that Windu survived. We see Jedi jump great distances all the time so it would be more likely that a Jedi Master like Mace recovers and is able land safely on a flying car or building or something. If Maul can survive being cut in half then Mace can survive losing his arm.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
But then the question becomes, what the hell was Mace doing the rest of his life? Why didn't he ever make a move?

With the element of surprise he could've easily taken out Vader and then Palps.
redline248
AG
man, if stupid ass Clone Wars decision to bring back Maul is an argument in favor of Mace surviving, I want nothing to do with it.
Farmer1906
AG
quote:
man, if stupid ass Clone Wars decision to bring back Maul is an argument in favor of Mace surviving, I want nothing to do with it.
Neither should have survived.
hunter2012
AG
quote:
Canon is canon bro, space magic the Force allowed Maul to survive from worse odds so why not Mace?
redline248
AG
quote:
quote:
Canon is canon bro, space magic the Force fan boy with creative power allowed Maul to survive from worse odds so why not Mace?

fify
amercer
AG
quote:
But then the question becomes, what the hell was Mace doing the rest of his life? Why didn't he ever make a move.

Walking the earth like Caine in Kung Fu?
Brian Earl Spilner
Ag Since 83
AG
Voted for Wedge and disappointed to see how low his vote total is.

Also don't understand the people voting Yoda/Boba Fett. Didn't the prequels teach people anything about delving into the history of characters for whom mystery is part of their appeal?
The Collective
AG
I am fine with Maul surviving. Greatest character in the animated universe. His French brother, however, is trash.
Malachi Constant
AG
I voted for a Knights of the Old Republic film. Because it would be a completely clean slate.
jeffk
AG
quote:
I am fine with Maul surviving. Greatest character in the animated universe. His French brother, however, is trash.

Jean Maul?
Mr. White
quote:
Voted for Wedge and disappointed to see how low his vote total is.

Also don't understand the people voting Yoda/Boba Fett. Didn't the prequels teach people anything about delving into the history of characters for whom mystery is part of their appeal?

I bet some people are still mad at the actor that played him for saying he'd be bored resuming the role for TFA.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Question of the day:

Assuming Mace had lived, could he have killed the Emperor? If so, how would he have done it?
ottc777
quote:
Question of the day:

Assuming Mace had lived, could he have killed the Emperor? If so, how would he have done it?
he tried once and died I think palps started playing the victim when Anakin came in to force him to make a choice and led him down the dark side.

Yoda couldn't kill him and neither could Mace alone.
BMX Bandit
quote:
Question of the day:

No

(Not a difficult question)
Malachi Constant
AG
quote:
quote:

Jean Maul?
Jean Savage Opress Maul
Farmer1906
AG
quote:
quote:
Question of the day:

No

(Not a difficult question)
Indeed
Duncan Idaho
quote:

But he should never have been given the chance to be a great character in the animated universe
TCTTS
AG
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Interesting. The ring theory stuff is actually fascinating once you start looking into it.

This looks like exactly the type of documentary I really enjoy watching.
TCTTS
AG
Yeah, same here. Looks like it comes out digitally on September 14, so we shouldn't have to wait too long.
redline248
AG
quote:
If you don't like them, there's always star trek.
F-cking brilliant
Dro07
AG
two things that sucked about the prequels in my mind were episode 1 and whinyankin
wangus12
AG
If you don't like them, there's always star trek.
Dro07
AG
I can't like both?
First Page Last Page
Page 469 of 1257

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.