Star Wars Discussion Thread

5,858,777 Views | 43819 Replies | Last: 2 hrs ago by TCTTS
The Collective
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
1 hour.
jabberwalkie09
AG
quote:
I haven't watched yet, but I assume the quote is worded poorly (maybe it is the presentation for social media consumption). I didn't interpret it to mean that Ahsoka's white lightsaber means she has some pending decision of being jedi or sith. I would argue the white is a sign of her connection to the light. So, I agree with what you are saying... believe the quote was Filoni allegedly but not sure.
Filoni has said something similar before about her being unaligned. IIRC, she has the white sabers because she is unaligned. She is neither Sith nor Jedi. I didn't interpret her having the white sabers as having a pending decision either, but rather that she had made the decision to neither be Jedi nor Sith. However, she was definitely of the light side of the force.

Unfortunately, I think some of this is drawing more on her connection to Mortis with the Daughter in this case. The Daughter was pretty much a manifestation of the light and she was used to essentially revive Ahsoka on Mortis. There's some theories out there connecting the owls we see in Rebels to the Daughter as an avatar, and by extension Ahsoka.
The Collective
AG
Mortis. Ugh.
Duncan Idaho
quote:
Mortis. Ugh.

Was mortis that planet in the tarded up cloned wars episode that Lucas had his filthy hands in?
jabberwalkie09
AG
Yeah, I have no love for that arc either but I think the reasoning on that theory is somewhat sound.
jabberwalkie09
AG
quote:
quote:
Mortis. Ugh.

Was mortis that planet in the tarded up cloned wars episode that Lucas had his filthy hands in?
Yes. The one with the Father, Daughter, and Son for representations of the Force. Daughter represented the light, Son the dark, and the Father was the one keeping the balance between them.
The Collective
AG
quote:

So much Lucas (from wookie):

quote:
Mortis was an ethereal realm in Wild Space. From the outside, Mortis appeared as a giant, metal rhombohedron; however, once entered, the realm appeared to be a land covered with lush forests, molten caverns, and floating mountains above the surface. The only known beings who inhabited the realm were three Force wielders locked in an eternal struggle for dominance over one another: the Son, who represented the destructive and deadly aspects of the realm; the Daughter, who represented peace and creation on Mortis; and the Father, who maintained the balance of the Force between them. Mortis was therefore a fulcrum for the galaxy and a conduit through which the Force flowed.

During the Clone Wars, the Father drew Anakin Skywalker, Obi-Wan Kenobi, and Ahsoka Tano into the realm. The Father realized that Skywalker was the Chosen One, and that he could maintain the balance of the Force between the two children once the Father died. This led to a struggle between the Force wielders and the three Jedi, culminating in the deaths of all three wielders and the restoration of balance on Mortis.

jabberwalkie09
AG
R1 vehicles spotted!

http://io9.gizmodo.com/star-wars-is-adding-some-gorgeous-new-ships-for-rogue-o-1783721583

Remember those images that were leaked awhile back with a new TIE design? Introducing the TIE Striker:

The Collective
AG
I need to make my wife watch Celebration, so that she can understand I'm not that big of a Star Wars fan.
twilly
AG
quote:
I need to make my wife watch Celebration, so that she can understand I'm not that big of a Star Wars fan.
I took my wife and son to Celebration in Orlando in 2010. I told her "You think I'm bad? You have no idea...but you're about to find out."
Ag Since 83
AG
Really cool to see the guy who played Piett. Bounty hunters, we don't need their scum!
Mr. White
quote:
Really cool to see the guy who played Piett.
Is he able to walk on his own? How old is he now?
wangus12
AG
jabberwalkie09
AG
5 minutes till R1.
Ag Since 83
AG
Seeing him talk about how he wasn't originally in RotJ makes sense to me. All signs are Vader would have killed him after the Falcon jumps to lightspeed at the end of Empire. Lucas kind of left it ambiguous with Vader just walking away
Mr. White
quote:
Wow!

People really did look older back then.
jabberwalkie09
AG
io9's coverage of the Ahsoka's Untold Tales.

Something I found interesting regarding Ahsoka's return to the Temple:

quote:
Eventually, Ahsoka would've emerged from Coruscant's underbelly, and returned to the templenot as a Jedi, but as an advisor on a special mission to rescue Master Yoda from a sinister force lurking beneath Coruscant's surface. Reunited with Anakin and Obi-Wan, Ahsoka would've guided the two Jedi all the way to the base level of Coruscant.

There, right under where the Jedi temple would be miles above, was the true source of the evil the Jedi had felt: an ancient Sith temple, teeming with knowledge and dark side power. At one point, although unbeknownst to her, Ahsoka would have battled a dark side user trying to break into the Soth holocron room, with concept art showing Ahsoka plotting her lightsaber into the door to seal it, only for the perpetrator to shock her with force lightning from the other side of the door. Unbeknown to her or the Jedi, her opponent was none other than Darth Sidious.

Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Let's do this!
The Collective
AG
Uhhhh, nice intro!
Ag Since 83
AG
That was awesome
jabberwalkie09
AG
I'm ****ing pumped for this movie. Possibly more than I was for TFA. That intro when it switched from the IV scroll and focused on the at one paragraph, gave me goose bumps.
Ag Since 83
AG
Hey look some screen time for Captain Phasma
wangus12
AG
And now my damn patient shows up
TajMaballer
AG
The music playing over that paragraph in the scroll is forever cemented in my brain. That was incredible!
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Yup, opening was awesome. Cool to have Gwendoline as the host.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Awesome poster!

Ag Since 83
AG
Sweet poster
twilly
AG
Poster on ebay in 3...2...1
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
That's no moon.
The Collective
AG
haha, Badass!
jabberwalkie09
AG
That introduction for Krennic.... Dark Troopers.... Oh yes.
jabberwalkie09
AG
Sneak peek? CLIP?!?!!

MY BODY IS READY!
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Props to TC, looks like we get a behind-the-scenes video and not a trailer. (Unless they're saving it for the end.)
jabberwalkie09
AG
Loved the door gunner. Shades of Full Metal Jacket?

"May the Force be with us."
The Collective
AG
quote:
Props to TC, looks like we get a behind-the-scenes video and not a trailer. (Unless they're saving it for the end.)

We will never hear the end of this.
First Page Last Page
Page 448 of 1252

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.