Star Wars Discussion Thread

5,885,417 Views | 43962 Replies | Last: 8 hrs ago by The Porkchop Express
twilly
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Star Trek isn't listed....hmmm
AMW2010
AG

This was my 5,000 post... Nothing exciting, but I thought it was funny, what if we all died in 7 days!!!! Man id be pissed!!!! No one watch the ring!!!
hunter2012
AG
quote:
Thanks hunter2012 on politics for providing this link...

Glad ya'll enjoyed it, regardless of political affiliation I think it's pretty funny. I didn't know if I should have posted it on this thread, but I guess this thread is ALL things Star Wars.
TCTTS
AG
quote:
Star Trek isn't listed....hmmm

Only trailers for IMAX movies play with IMAX showings (this isn't the case for LieMAX, however). So this only means that Trek likely won't be in IMAX. Expect a trailer to play with most standard 2D/3D showings, though.
AgMarauder04
AG
New theory for watching order of the 1st six.

http://mashable.com/2015/12/12/star-wars-calendar-12/
jr15aggie
AG
quote:
A guy on reddit posted this pic saying he works at a theatre and that just came in.

So the movie is officially in the wild now. I'm guessing there is nothing keeping owners/managers/regular employees from watching it at this point? Incoming Internet spoilers?

If so, I must stay strong!
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Nah, they're encrypted and have to be unlocked, and that doesn't happen till a few hours before show time on the 17th.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
On the 5th day till Sithmas, my true love sent to me
Eight handmaidens milking,
Seven Gungans swimming,
Six buns a Leia,
FIVE GOLD(en) LEADERS,
Four falling Mauls,
Three Nerf herders,
Two Rancor-dragons
and a Poe Dameron in a Force tree.
512Ag
AG
Definitely made me laugh.
double aught
AG
quote:
quote:
A guy on reddit posted this pic saying he works at a theatre and that just came in.

So the movie is officially in the wild now. I'm guessing there is nothing keeping owners/managers/regular employees from watching it at this point? Incoming Internet spoilers?

If so, I must stay strong!
Forgive my ignorance, but what is actually in that box? A hard drive? I thought that IMAX screens were still film.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Yep. Fairly sure you only get film if you're projecting in 70MM IMAX, which is only a handful of theaters in the country. Correct me if I'm wrong TCTTS.
Donald Glover
AG
quote:
https://media4.giphy.com/media/TAqYM2x2WHoT6/giphy.gif

This was my 5,000 post... Nothing exciting, but I thought it was funny, what if we all died in 7 days!!!! Man id be pissed!!!! No one watch the ring!!!

Wow thats dark
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Watching this doc on VICE News. Adam Driver's response to being asked if the movie is better than the prequels is great. (Skip to 24:20.)

https://news.vice.com/video/monologues-for-the-military-arts-in-the-armed-forces
TCTTS
AG
That was awesome.
Lt. Joe Bookman
AG
quote:
Nah, they're encrypted and have to be unlocked, and that doesn't happen till a few hours before show time on the 17th.

Yeah, there was a cool AMA on Reddit from a projectionist complaining about Mockingjay and how they only let them load it a few hours before the first showing. Have to believe that TFA will be at least that strict.
TCTTS
AG
I'm assuming this is the same thing Russell Crowe attended...

http://www.vulture.com/2015/12/harrison-ford-snuck-into-a-force-awakens-preview.html
Sweet Kitten Feet
S
wanewman
http://www.forbes.com/sites/markhughes/2015/12/12/false-alarm-star-wars-the-force-awakens-to-open-on-4000-screens-after-all/
Mr. White
That was great. I have avoided any Driver interviews, etc. but I liked what I saw.

Who is the lady that asked where all the women in the unit were?
The Collective
AG
This **** is really happening.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Saxsoon
AG
Marathoning right now
Donald Glover
AG
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Watching New Hope.
wanewman
One more to go for me, Return of the Jedi despecialized, but... I don't like Yub Nub nor do I like Hayden as a ghost. So I downloaded a clip of Sebastian Shaw as the ghost with Victory Celebration music and will stop and play it at the right time.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Why does the rebel leader that is leading the briefing before the death star assault say may the force be with you? How does the rebellion know about the force?
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Throne room scene. Chills every time.
Sweet Kitten Feet
S
quote:
Watching New Hope.

Me too
Knife_Party
quote:
Why does the rebel leader that is leading the briefing before the death star assault say may the force be with you? How does the rebellion know about the force?

Have you been watching Star Wars Rebels?
Brian Earl Spilner
AG

Needless to say we're excited at our house.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
quote:
quote:

Have you been watching Star Wars Rebels?

I have not, but I plan to eventually. Glad to know there is an explanation.
512Ag
AG
I don't know the real, MuckRaker-approved answer, but I've always been under the impression that the Force is something people know about, but know only a few can wield. "May the Force be with you" is one of those things the good guys just say, kind of like "Godspeed."
512Ag
AG
I picked up a couple of lightsabers and a bunch of action figures for Santa to bring to the kids. I'm very excited. Also, my dad is going to drive in to go to see TFA with me on Friday, so that's awesome.
OnlyForNow
AG
Why wouldn't the bad guys say Godspeed? It's just a form of good luck. The bad guys want to win too...
512Ag
AG
Everyone knows bad guys say "Vaya con dios" in an evil Spanish accent.
First Page Last Page
Page 306 of 1257

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.