Star Wars Discussion Thread

5,888,735 Views | 43965 Replies | Last: 5 hrs ago by TCTTS
wangus12
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
MY ****ING GOD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

CAN THIS GET ANY MORE BADASS.

In less than a week and 6 hours I'll be sitting in a theater at 3AM to begin the marathon.
Atreides Ornithopter
AG
Dear God they crashed it. Guess THAT was why Chewie was banging his head on that post.
The Collective
AG
Chopper is a badass.
jabberwalkie09
AG
quote:
Watching Season 2 of Rebels ahead of TFA, and I continue to be impressed with how they handle droids on this show. Way better than in The Clone Wars. Chopper is awesome.
Chopper is a murder machine. How far into season 2 are you?
Fat Bib Fortuna
AG
HAN - Cmon Baby, don't let me down!

That X-wing shot through the asteroid field, oh baby, they have done some truly awe-inspiring visuals.

Just noticed - all of our 3 main characters - Rey, Finn, Kylo - are likely wearing masks when they are first introduced. Thank you, sophomore english theme work.
Fat Bib Fortuna
AG
The semifinal poll results:

#1 Luke Skywalker def. #5 Rey 71%-29%
#2 Han Solo def. #3 Kylo Ren 7%-24%

Final:
#1 Luke Skywalker vs. #2 Han Solo

Consolation Final
#5 Rey vs. #3 Kylo Ren

VOTE!
wangus12
AG
Poe is in hyperspace when talking about squadrons
AliasMan02
AG
quote:
quote:
Watching Season 2 of Rebels ahead of TFA, and I continue to be impressed with how they handle droids on this show. Way better than in The Clone Wars. Chopper is awesome.
Chopper is a murder machine. How far into season 2 are you?

Just watched episode... 7, I think? When the B-Wing showed up. Chopper was a boss in Blood Sisters.
jabberwalkie09
AG
"Wings of the Master" is the title of that episode with the B-Wing right? You're not that far behind.
hunter2012
AG
Is rebels worth watching before the new movie? Is it the first Star Wars cartoon to be the disney canon right?
TCTTS
AG
Before watching that Chinese trailer I read three different articles about how it was mostly new footage, they finally revealed too much, etc. So I'm bracing for spoiler city, watch it... and there were maybe three new shots? The vast majority of that trailer has already been revealed in commercials. All in all, I still feel like we haven't even scratched the surface yet, considering everything we know that they haven't even come close to revealing.
Donald Glover
AG
quote:
Also, have we discussed being in love with Daisy Ridley? Because I think I might be. Don't tell my wife.i
I know I have
Silvertaps
AG
quote:
Before watching that Chinese trailer I read three different articles about how it was mostly new footage, they finally revealed too much, etc. So I'm bracing for spoiler city, watch it... and there were maybe three new shots? The vast majority of that trailer has already been revealed in commercials. All in all, I still feel like we haven't even scratched the surface yet, considering everything we know that they haven't even come close to revealing yet.

I've said it several times...they know what they are doing. I've been impressed how well they can market this new movie without giving away the story all the way up to the release. It's all been rumors to this point.
TCTTS
AG
Exactly. I'm still in awe at how much they've kept from us this close to release. I mean, we still haven't even seen a single frame of...

- Supreme Leader Snoke
- Maz Kanata (save for a split-second in the background of a bootlegged international spot)
- Captain Phasma say or do anything other than walk
- General Hux say or do anything other than yell "Fire!"
- Max von Sydow's character
- The big flashback of the movie
- The apparent face-off between Kylo and Rey
- LUKE FREAKING SKYWALKER (save for hooded Luke touching R2)

Nor do we know...

- Who's related to who, re: the new cast in relation to the old, if there's any relation at all
- What Kylo Ren is after and why
- What or who General Snoke is / his motivations
- What the Resistance is attempting to do (other than, you know, "resist")
- How Han and Chewie meet Rey and Finn
- If Han and Leia are still together
- How Luke plays into the plot
- Where Luke is
- How Luke's lightsaber plays into the plot

I mean, there's SO MUCH we haven't seen / don't know. Considering we're exactly a week away, that's astonishing.
TCTTS
AG
Question:

I'm actually starting to hear that Rey's lineage may not even be revealed in this movie, and instead only vaguely hinted at. Apparently they might be saving that reveal for Episode VIII. If so, are we cool with having to wait another year and a half to find out? Or will it feel like a massive case of blue balls? What if NO relations are revealed this go around, not even Kylo's? Will you be pissed, or content to just go with the flow?
Madmarttigan
AG
while it would be cool, it isn't a big deal to me if it isn't revealed this movie
The Collective
AG
I don't really care what gets revealed in this movie vs a later episode.
wangus12
AG
I feel it would kinda be case of blue balls, but it wouldn't effect how awesome it is going to be because I'm still being guaranteed to bang the 10/10 super model.
Flashdiaz
AG
quote:
Question:

I'm actually starting to hear that Rey's lineage may not even be revealed in this movie, and instead only vaguely hinted at. Apparently they might be saving that reveal for Episode VIII. If so, are we cool with having to wait another year and a half to find out? Or will it feel like a massive case of blue balls? What if NO relations are revealed this go around, not even Kylo's? Will you be pissed, or content to just go with the flow?
I doubt they would blow their wad in the first movie.... they need something for the other two.
AgMarauder04
AG
quote:
quote:
Question:

I doubt they would blow their wad in the first movie.... they need something for the other two.
Like V, probably a reveal at the climax.
AliasMan02
AG
quote:
Is rebels worth watching before the new movie? Is it the first Star Wars cartoon to be the disney canon right?

The Clone Wars is canon as well. I doubt either will have any impact on TFA, but Rebels is definitely worthwhile.
MandoArms
quote:
quote:

The Clone Wars is canon as well. I doubt either will have any impact on TFA, but Rebels is definitely worthwhile.
Is Rebels or the Clone Wars on Netflix, Prime or Hulu??
jeffk
AG
SPOILER

Rey is a terminator.

END SPOILER
wangus12
AG
Clone Wars is. Don't think Rebels is, but its easy enough to find online.
AliasMan02
AG
Clone Wars is on Netflix. You have to get more creative to watch Rebels if you don't get DisneyXD or whatever it's called.

Also, I'm guessing you can find a viewing guide online for TCW that parses out the core stories from the fluff.
Fat Bib Fortuna
AG
A bump for the morning crowd.

The semifinal poll results:

#1 Luke Skywalker def. #5 Rey 71%-29%
#2 Han Solo def. #3 Kylo Ren 7%-24%

Final:
#1 Luke Skywalker vs. #2 Han Solo

Consolation Final
#5 Rey vs. #3 Kylo Ren

VOTE!

jr15aggie
AG
quote:
Exactly. I'm still in awe at how much they've kept from us this close to release. I mean, we still haven't even seen a single frame of...

- Supreme Leader Snoke
- Maz Kanata (save for a split-second in the background of a bootlegged international spot)
- Captain Phasma say or do anything other than walk
- General Hux say or do anything other than yell "Fire!"
- Max von Sydow's character
- The big flashback of the movie
- The apparent face-off between Kylo and Rey
- LUKE FREAKING SKYWALKER (save for hooded Luke touching R2)

Nor do we know...

- Who's related to who, re: the new cast in relation to the old, if there's any relation at all
- What Kylo Ren is after and why
- What or who General Snoke is / his motivations
- What the Resistance is attempting to do (other than, you know, "resist")
- How Han and Chewie meet Rey and Finn
- If Han and Leia are still together
- How Luke plays into the plot
- Where Luke is
- How Luke's lightsaber plays into the plot

I mean, there's SO MUCH we haven't seen / don't know. Considering we're exactly a week away, that's astonishing.

I would add to your list... Who are the Knights of Ren? We know there will be at least one shot of them in the movie. How the heck do they cram that into an already jammed packed movie of new characters and secret reveals!
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
On the 7th day till Sithmas, my true love sent to me
Six buns a Leia,
FIVE GOLD(en) LEADERS,
Four falling Mauls,
Three Nerf herders,
Two Rancor-dragons
and a Poe Dameron in a Force tree.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG

amercer
AG
quote:
Question:

Actually revealing nothing would be completely badass. Set the new plot, delve into the new characters, fly around in the Falcon and go pew pew pew a bunch. Total win. Still I kind of doubt that JJ would have signed on to make a movie that's just a teaser for the sequel that he isn't doing....
jabberwalkie09
AG
quote:
Question:

I'm pretty sure JJ said/hinted at this himself some time ago. Personally, I think the mystery of their lineage is more enjoyable than knowing but I think that Kylo's is probably the most likely (and most important to actually reveal at this point) in TFA to provide some insight for his actions. Rey's lineage IMO can wait until later.

I don't think Finn is related to Calrissian and even if he was/is, that would feel pretty contrived.

Poe's was revealed more or less in the comics IIRC.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
quote:
Still I kind of doubt that JJ would have signed on to make a movie that's just a teaser for the sequel that he isn't doing....
This is precisely the reason I think her lineage does get revealed. If it doesn't, I'm fairly sure JJ and Kasdan did create her backstory, and VIII and IX will reveal that story.
Lt. Joe Bookman
AG
Who is doing VIII?
The Collective
AG
quote:
Who is doing VIII?

Rian Johnson
jabberwalkie09
AG
quote:
...I'm fairly sure JJ and Kasdan did create her backstory, and VIII and IX will reveal that story.
I'd say that is pretty much a given, that they created her backstory.
First Page Last Page
Page 298 of 1257

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.