Star Wars Discussion Thread

5,859,957 Views | 43819 Replies | Last: 8 hrs ago by TCTTS
wangus12
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Man how I wish JJ was doing the entire trilogy. I've always liked everything he has done.
birdman
I like all the directors getting just one film to start. They can always go back and hire them again for later movie. Nobody is getting fat and lazy. Make your opus. You get a Star Wars movie with great characters, enormous budget, and anything else you need. You have one shot, don't hold anything back for later films.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG

Sofa king pumped.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
quote:
quote:
We are fast approaching page 300 before launch
O/U on when we get to 300 - 10 AM tomorrow morning.
Come on people!!!
Lt. Joe Bookman
AG
Just 20 or so posts needed in 4 minutes... doing my part.
Fat Bib Fortuna
AG
I can't get over that shot of the Falcon and the X-wings headed toward the planet past the asteroid-ish field. The Falcon and X-wings! Last scene together at the battle of the second death star!

I just realized I'll have to lay off most of the internet except for work on the 18th - not going until friday evening to account for everyone's schedules.

THAT should be interesting :|
Flashdiaz
AG
quote:
http://i.imgur.com/PlexXyw.gif

Sofa king pumped.
interesting.

Finn is going in with a power baseball type downward swing... and Kylo is going in with a one handed upward swing. Perhaps this duel doesn't last long, going in Kylo's favor.
Mr. White
When will critics see this? I am done with the internet from then until about 8pm on Dec. 21.
Mr. White
Found an old VHS with the first (?) broadcast of Star Wars on network tv. Mark Hammil is hosting and wearing a tux. Wow.
twilly
AG
Don't know about critics, but the first date international general audiences get to see it starts on Dec 15th (Dec 14th time in US). That's when the d***heads of the world will start leaking out the goods.

So starting Monday, the digital world goes dark for me.
Mr. White
quote:
Don't know about critics, but the first date international general audiences get to see it starts on Dec 15th (Dec 14th time in US). That's when the d***heads of the world will start leaking out the goods.

Thanks. I'm actually looking forward to it. I bet I'll be able to get more done.
Velvet Jones
AG
quote:

Thanks for the heads up.
jabberwalkie09
AG
quote:
Man how I wish JJ was doing the entire trilogy. I've always liked everything he has done.
I'm going to disagree. The 09 Trek was decent enough when you get past the red matter stuff, but Into Darkness made me question his ability to do a trilogy of films.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Yep, December 14th is when everyone that wants to go in clean should start avoiding ALL social media, reddit, etc.

Whoever decides to get spoiled, or learns information that is obviously more than what is intended to be public, KEEP IT OFF THIS THREAD until at least opening night (Dec 17th), or suffer the wrath of hundreds of fanboys.
Fat Bib Fortuna
AG
The Mike Douglas show from July of 1977 with Luke, Han, and Leia. Also on the show, Tom Seaver and Pete Rose from the Reds.

Alec Guinness interview from the BBC in 1977

Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Watched this last night, pretty good if you've got an hour to spare at some point.

Fat Bib Fortuna
AG
Kelly Kapoor just got an upswing on the hotness scale for liking Star Wars.
JuliusCaesarAggie
Has any actress had a peak and valley of hotness like Carrie Fisher has?
-----------------------------------------------------------
twilly
AG
Here's a question for debate...

Since the movie will be shown internationally a few days before the US gets it, it is quite likely, if not a certainty, that a bootleg copy of the movie will hit the internet before the 17th/18th. I know this is one reason China is getting the movie so much later than everyone else to prevent this from happening, but I doubt that prevents it from getting out.

FOR ALL: I wouldn't do it, but if you could get your hands on the WHOLE movie, not just bits and pieces or spoilers, would you watch it before the 17th/18th?
TCTTS
AG
quote:

Since the movie will be shown internationally a few days before the US gets it, it is quite likely, if not a certainty, that a bootleg copy of the movie will hit the internet before the 17th/18th. I know this is one reason China is getting the movie so much later than everyone else to prevent this from happening, but I doubt that prevents it from getting out.

FOR ALL: I wouldn't do it, but if you could get your hands on the WHOLE movie, not just bits and pieces or spoilers, would you watch it before the 17th/18th?

It's only coming out one day earlier in certain foreign markets: http://www.imdb.com/title/tt2488496/releaseinfo

I can EASILY wait 24 hours to watch it on the big screen. Anyone who watches a sh*tty international bootleg copy first - who is also seeing it opening weekend - is a moron.
AgMarauder04
AG
quote:
quote:

It's only coming out one day earlier in certain foreign markets: http://www.imdb.com/title/tt2488496/releaseinfo

I can EASILY wait 24 hours to watch it on the big screen. Anyone who watches a sh*tty international bootleg copy first - who is also seeing it opening weekend - is a moron.
Concur.

Watch a sheitty copy at home? Or on an imax sized screen with friends?
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Absolutely not.
Fat Bib Fortuna
AG
Friend of mine worked with a guy who ran a bootleg video service called "Hollyhood Movies" back during the prequel era. i had very decent boots of AOTC and ROTS within 24 hours of them coming out at the theater.
twilly
AG
One of the reasons I asked the question was back in 2005, a guy at my office had a copy of ROTS a mere 48 hours after it was released. It was not a "cell phone" copy from a screening, but a copy made from a digital print sent to theaters. I'd say it was pretty close to DVD quality.

Considering the upgrades in technology, could something similar happen, albeit faster and better quality and hit the Net before the US release?
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Even if it did, I honestly doubt it does anything to hurt the film at the box office.
The Collective
AG
Fat Bib Fortuna
AG
Part of the outstanding "Rochelle, Rochelle" arc of Seinfeld.
twilly
AG
quote:
Even if it did, I honestly doubt it does anything to hurt the film at the box office.
I agree. It absolutely won't dent the box office totals. But this movie is on a whole 'nother level when it comes to fan interest and secrecy. I just think there are too many people out there that would watch it early by any means necessary. (the "gotta have it now" society).
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Love Amy Poehler. (It's Star Wars related.)

Sex Panther
AG
quote:
Part of the outstanding "Rochelle, Rochelle" arc of Seinfeld.

A young girl's strange, erotic journey from Milan to Minsk...
jr15aggie
AG
We are almost there!!!

The Collective
AG
quote:
We are almost there

IBT Red Leader meme.
Fat Bib Fortuna
AG
Which was better, Rochelle, Rochelle or Scarsdale Surprise?
Fat Bib Fortuna
AG
Screw it, I'm padding my count.

Fat Bib Fortuna
AG
TFA Poll update, with a record number of votes to date:

Luke and Rey are both up 4 votes on Han and Kylo.

First Page Last Page
Page 299 of 1252

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.