Star Wars Discussion Thread

5,885,350 Views | 43962 Replies | Last: 8 hrs ago by The Porkchop Express
Simplebay
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
quote:
I won't post the photos here, but excerpts from a couple of imminent TFA kids books finally give us an answer as to what Poe is doing on Jakku in the opening, along with a hint of the scene when Han and Chewie board the Falcon again for the first time...

http://makingstarwars.net/2015/12/star-wars-the-force-awakens-book-previews-show-han-solos-return-and-max-von-sydow/

Ah, i wish i wouldnt have read that. haha. that's too much story details.

im addicted.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
I opened it and closed it within 5 seconds.
TCTTS
AG
What We Learned About The Force AwakensFrom the New Star Wars Books
jr15aggie
AG
quote:
I won't post the photos here, but excerpts from a couple of imminent TFA kids books finally give us an answer as to what Poe is doing on Jakku in the opening, along with a hint of the scene when Han and Chewie board the Falcon again for the first time...

http://makingstarwars.net/2015/12/star-wars-the-force-awakens-book-previews-show-han-solos-return-and-max-von-sydow/

I'm not looking at that!
Flashdiaz
AG
I may have to exit the internet until 12-18-2015.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Agreed. If someone spoils Alvin and the Chipmunks for me, I swear to God...
TCTTS
AG
Yep, no where is safe, not even toy stores...

http://makingstarwars.net/2015/12/new-rey-star-wars-the-force-awakens-figure-leaks-with-spoilers/

Might be time to check out. This is getting to be too much, even for me. Gonna be a LONG nine days...
Fat Bib Fortuna
AG
quote:
We all know Luke is going to win, don't we? Just a formality.
Chewie has taken some votes off of Luke; Han hasn't even gotten his hands dirty yet.
The Collective
AG
twilly
AG
Spoilers..I can handle it.
The Collective
AG
quote:

Hey man, I won't be seeing it until after Christmas, so all bets are off if you haven't seen it a week after its release. I will be blowing up this board with all the spoilers. Do you think Dave yells at Alvin? Will Theodore say something stupid? I DON'T KNOW...

Do you think it'd be ok to leave my 2 & 4 year old in the theater alone while I sneak away to watch TFA again?
AgMarauder04
AG
quote:
quote:

Hey man, I won't be seeing it until after Christmas, so all bets are off if you haven't seen it a week after its release. I will be blowing up this board with all the spoilers. Do you think Dave yells at Alvin? Will Theodore say something stupid? I DON'T KNOW...

Do you think it'd be ok to leave my 2 & 4 year old in the theater alone while I sneak away to watch TFA again?

If you derail this thread, I'll say mean, angry things at you!!!
double aught
AG
The article in the latest Time magazine describes the first ~20 minutes of the movie in detail. I thought I was safe to continue reading when the only warning was "mild spoilers". I was wrong. Now I'm pissed at Time...and myself.
The Collective
AG
At this point, derailment is in our best interests.
Simplebay
AG

TCTTS
AG
What article? Haven't seen mention of that.
hurleyag
AG
Yep, I'm out. See y'all in a little over a week!
AliasMan02
AG
quote:
Yep, no where is safe, not even toy stores...

http://makingstarwars.net/2015/12/new-rey-star-wars-the-force-awakens-figure-leaks-with-spoilers/

Might be time to check out. This is getting to be too much, even for me. Gonna be a LONG nine days...

Pretty sure I got laughed at 50 pages back when I suggested that posting stuff about toys could be considered spoiler material.
AgMarauder04
AG
I know there are two full "plot summaries" floating out there if you're REALLY interested.
double aught
AG
quote:
What article? Haven't seen mention of that.
It's the cover story of the Dec 14 issue (R2D2/BB8). It may not seem like much to you, but it was too spoilery for me.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Ok, time to stop posting articles and toys. Let's have some safe, fun discussion to distract ourselves.

Suggested topics:

- Why doesn't Uncle Owen recognize 3PO, who lived with them for years?
- Did Mace really beat Palps?
- ROTS is objectively better than ROTJ. Thoughts?

Open to other suggestions. I'll hang up and listen.
AgMarauder04
AG
quote:
Ok, time to stop posting articles and toys. Let's have some safe, fun discussion to distract ourselves.

Suggested topics:

wangus12
AG
*********SPOILERS!!!
The Collective
AG
Never mind.
wangus12
AG
quote:

Suggested topics:

I think the real topic should be when is MUCK going to post some more Top 3 topics
hunter2012
AG
quote:
quote:

Suggested topics:

My biggest beef with ROTS is that a fall shouldn't kill a Jedi Master, especially Mace Windu. You see Jedi jump super high and fall super far ALL THE TIME.
AgMarauder04
AG
quote:
quote:
quote:

Suggested topics:

My biggest beef with ROTS is that a fall shouldn't kill a Jedi Master, especially Mace Windu. You see Jedi jump super high and fall super far ALL THE TIME.
Not to mention, I've never seen a Jedi levitate himself. EVERYTHING ELSE he can, but hisself? C'mon!
hunter2012
AG
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

Suggested topics:

Not to mention, I've never seen a Jedi levitate himself. EVERYTHING ELSE he can, but hisself? C'mon!
I assume that's how they accelerate or slow themselves down, treat your own body like a object that is one with the force.

By all accounts I just assume Mace went into hiding like the rest of the Jedi.
amercer
AG
I thought Samuel L told Lucas he wanted a death scene?
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
SLJ told Lucas he didn't want to go out like a *****.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Aside: My work situation is completely hopeless right now. Being 9 days out, Star Wars is consuming so much space in my head that it's hard to get anything done.

Luckily work slows way down during the holidays.
The Collective
AG
I guess in the case of both Mace and Palps - that lightning **** will really **** up your force skills.
COOL LASER FALCON
quote:
SLJ told Lucas he didn't want to go out like a *****.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Still one of the best death scenes of all time. Shame it's wasted in that hot garbage of a movie.

Inb4 so is ROTS.
Fat Bib Fortuna
AG
quote:

Suggested topics:

Because protocol droids are like Ford Tauruses. Everyone owned one at one time or another. And since 3PO has had his memory wiped, he'll give no signs that he had ever been to Tatooine before.

Mace likely disarmed Palps and kicked him to the ground, but Palps was in no way exhausted or beaten at that point. Look how much he opened up his Force use against Yoda, He was throwing objects the size of cars around like it was no big deal. He killed Saesee Tinn, Eeth Koth, and Kit Fisto in under a minute, why would he be winded dueling Mace? Not to mention he had been anticipating that fight forever. At least Yoda somewhat surprised him.

Objectively better means what? You can't be objective when comparing movies. I believe you think ROTS is better than ROTJ because of the age you saw them at.

The only parts of ROTS that I like in comparison to ROTJ are the opening space battle, Order 66, and Palpatine's "seducing Anaking to the dark side scenes" = at the opera, and then when he reveals himself.

ROTS is really frustrating. None of the lightsaber duels make sense. In ANH - Vader is stronger, Obi-Wan is stalling; Vader wins; In ESB, Vader is stronger, Luke nearly dies; in ROTJ, Luke opens up to the Dark Side and defeats Vader but at what cost?

The final Anakin/Obi-Wan duel should have been filled with so much dialogue that we really were torn between who was right. It's the delicate balance that both Bats/Supes and Civil War must have to succeed next spring. There is almost no dialogue. And Obi-Wan wins by standing on an incline.

Anakin kills Dooku. Why? What does he do differently in the fight? He doesn't seem to go dark side that I could tell, just suddenly starts beating him. Dooku whips Obi-Wan, but then Obi-Wan defeats Anakin. What makes Anakin the chosen one? What powers does he display that no one else does? Why does Obi-Wan survive when seemingly more powerful Jedi - Ki Adi Mundi, Plo Koon, are destroyed instantly in Order 66. Dumb luck? Skill? I wish they would have showed me. In the books, Yoda reveals to Obi-Wan that Obi-Wan actually might be the greatest student he ever had because he learned the basics so well he didn't need any other fighting skills. But that's never in the movies.

I enjoy the last few scenes of ROTS, but they seem so obviously done. I feel like I could have directed those scenes and done just as well as George Lucas, and I don't know jack squat about movie directing. Would have loved to see more of Alderaan; to really hear Qui-Gon talking to Yoda; to have Owen Lars not willing to take baby Luke until Beru intervenes, etc.

Anakin and Padme are the two fakest in love people ever. Their chemistry is miserable, and some of Anakin's dialogue just smacks of Lucas doing one take and moving on.

General Grievous is wortheless, his only point being to split up Anakin and Obi-Wan. He's so fearsome but if we only watch the movies we see him kill NOBODY AT ALL. He runs away from the first fight, and Obi-Wan absolutely destroys him in the second fight. They might as well have had a bad guy with a moustache rubbing his hands together as waste all the effort on Grievous.

ROTJ's biggest flaws in my book are the Ewok's ridiculous effectiveness and the "let's introduce the characters one by one" in the opening act. But ROTS doesn't have anything approaching the brilliance of the Sarlaac scene, the multiple moving parts of the DS2 space battle (in ROTS, there's 2 characters, ROTJ has a dozen), and the end duel.

First Page Last Page
Page 293 of 1257

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.