Star Wars Discussion Thread

5,858,495 Views | 43819 Replies | Last: 43 min ago by TCTTS
Brian Earl Spilner
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
quote:
Is that like four complete Mauls falling or two Mauls cut in half?
I'm thinking - the two halves of Maul fall through a thin wire and are further halved.

Quarter-Mauls.
Donald Glover
AG
SPOILER ALERT
Fat Bib Fortuna
AG
For Christmas, shouldn't it be four Shopping Mauls?
jeffk
AG
quote:
SPOILER ALERT

I snicker every time you post and hum "Troy and Abed in the morrrrrrnnnnnning" to myself.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
quote:
For Christmas, shouldn't it be four Shopping Mauls?
That's pretty good.

Fat Bib Fortuna
AG
Bracket update: The racists come out at TexAgs and are giving way more votes to the hot girl than the black guy.

Han Solo still untouchable.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
We all know Luke is going to win, don't we? Just a formality.
Donald Glover
AG
Finally somebody recognizes my user name
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
I'm sure plenty of people know who Donald Glover is.
Aggie_3
quote:
quote:
There is a chance that my 2 tickets for the 7 pm 3d IMAX showing on December 18th at the Santikos Palladium in San Antonio may be for sale. Would any of yall still need tickets in the San Antonio area? The wife and I Have moved to New Braunfels and it will be very hard to make this show time.
You and your wife are losers.
haha nah plus the theatre by our house still has Thursday showings at 7:15 available. I should mention we aren't trying to make a profit here just same cost we spent.
HeadGames
AG
Donglover
wangus12
AG
quote:
We all know Luke is going to win, don't we? Just a formality.
Han would be the only one to give him a run
Donald Glover
AG
Plenty of younger people
Donald Glover
AG
Anyway, I have a (probably simple) question for anyone that can answer. Is Kylo Ren a completely new character or has he made an appearance in some other kind of star wars? I think I remember seeing the Knights of Ren being mentioned in something else, but not sure about Kylo. Sorry if this has been discussed before.
AggieSouth06
quote:
Anyway, I have a (probably simple) question for anyone that can answer. Is Kylo Ren a completely new character or has he made an appearance in some other kind of star wars? I think I remember seeing the Knights of Ren being mentioned in something else, but not sure about Kylo. Sorry if this has been discussed before.

He appeared in the original trilogy as a character known only as "Luke Skywalker." He had a few memorable scenes. If you Google him I'll bet you'll recognize some of the scenes he took part in.
Donald Glover
AG
Luke's not the evil one, Jar Jar is
TCTTS
AG
Depends on how technical you want to get. No, I seriously he doubt he was a character who went by a different name and/or appeared in earlier Star Wars movies/shows/books. That said, I could see him being part of a flashback in TFA, in which he's been retconned into the lore. Like, obvious example, but maybe he was a kid on Endor when the Rebels won or something like that (which would explain how he got Vader's helmet). But yes, as currently/officially presented as of now, Kylo Ren is a completely new character.
AgMarauder04
AG
quote:
Depends on how technical you want to get. No, I seriously he doubt he was a character who went by a different name and/or appeared in earlier Star Wars movies/shows/books. That said, I could see him being part of a flashback in TFA, in which he's been retconned into the lore. Like, obvious example, but maybe he was a kid on Endor when the Rebels won or something like that (which would explain how he got Vader's helmet). But yes, as currently/officially presented as of now, Kylo Ren is a completely new character.
IS THE THE LOVE CHILD OF LEIA AND WICKET?!
The Collective
AG
This should help you kill some time waiting on TFA:
The Collective
AG
RT Ranks Star Wars movies:
http://editorial.rottentomatoes.com/guide/star-wars-tomatometer-countdown/?adid=Super_MOB_StarWars_Pos2

7 - The Clone Wars (18%)
6 - TPM (56%)
5 - AOTC (65%)
4 - ROTJ (79%)
3 - ROTS (79%)
2 - Star Wars (94%)
1 - ESB (94%)
R0GUE
AG
quote:
Plenty of younger people
I'm 41 and I love Childish Gambino. Don't be ageist.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
quote:
4 - ROTJ (79%)
3 - ROTS (79%)

And here we go.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Lucas: "Fans are going to love it."

http://www.vulture.com/2015/12/george-lucas-delivers-a-verdict-on-force-awakens.html
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Crap, meant a thumbs up.
AgMarauder04
AG
quote:
quote:
4 - ROTJ (79%)
3 - ROTS (79%)

And here we go.
I wonder if those scores are in context of their respective trilogies?
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
It's rotten tomatoes. That score just means 79% of critics gave it positive reviews.
The Collective
AG
quote:

http://www.vulture.com/2015/12/george-lucas-delivers-a-verdict-on-force-awakens.html

Probably part of his contract with the Mouse.
hunter2012
AG
quote:

what worries me is he probably thought fans would enjoy Jar Jar too...
TCTTS
AG
Some more to me like he's saying, "[It's not what I would have done, but] fans are going to love it." Which, in my mind, is exactly what we should be hoping for.
TCTTS
AG
AgMarauder04
AG
quote:

That last shot.

TCTTS
AG
I won't post the photos here, but excerpts from a couple of imminent TFA kids books finally give us an answer as to what Poe is doing on Jakku in the opening, along with a hint of the scene when Han and Chewie board the Falcon again for the first time...

http://makingstarwars.net/2015/12/star-wars-the-force-awakens-book-previews-show-han-solos-return-and-max-von-sydow/

TCTTS
AG
AgMarauder04
AG
quote:
I won't post the photos here, but excerpts from a couple of imminent TFA kids books finally give us an answer as to what Poe is doing on Jakku in the opening, along with a hint of the scene when Han and Chewie board the Falcon again for the first time...

http://makingstarwars.net/2015/12/star-wars-the-force-awakens-book-previews-show-han-solos-return-and-max-von-sydow/

Are some of these books appropriate for, say.... a 2 year old?
TCTTS
AG
Sorry, but I honestly have no idea.
First Page Last Page
Page 292 of 1252

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.