Star Wars Discussion Thread

5,859,589 Views | 43819 Replies | Last: 6 hrs ago by TCTTS
Brian Earl Spilner
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
For the record, I was being facetious with the "objectively" part. I'm referencing TCTTS and others who claim their opinion as fact on the matter of the prequels.

All your points are valid, but I'll say this. It's easy to say the only thing wrong with ROTJ are the Ewoks, but that is a major part of the movie. Half the movie takes place on Endor.

Honestly the original ending of Luke walking off into the sunset at the end, like a Western, would've been amazing. Bittersweet would've been the more appropriate tone, imo.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Knife_Party
From contest for center to dance fights with special effects! George Lucas at his finest.
Flashdiaz
AG
quote:

I hope they explain this:

Brian Earl Spilner
AG
http://www.people.com/article/george-lucas-honored-kennedy-center-star-wars-impact
TCTTS
AG
http://www.ew.com/article/2015/12/08/john-boyega-star-wars-impersonations
Fat Bib Fortuna
AG
the post office should release stamps of lucas with "skinny, idealistic george" and "fat, horrible george" like they did for elvis.
TCTTS
AG
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Ok, this is just getting silly now.

Donald Glover
AG
quote:
quote:
Plenty of younger people
I'm 41 and I love Childish Gambino. Don't be ageist.
I'm honestly shocked
Donald Glover
AG
quote:
Depends on how technical you want to get. No, I seriously he doubt he was a character who went by a different name and/or appeared in earlier Star Wars movies/shows/books. That said, I could see him being part of a flashback in TFA, in which he's been retconned into the lore. Like, obvious example, but maybe he was a kid on Endor when the Rebels won or something like that (which would explain how he got Vader's helmet). But yes, as currently/officially presented as of now, Kylo Ren is a completely new character.
Ok thanks, would be pretty interesting to see that kind of flashback.
hunter2012
AG
quote:
quote:

I hope they explain this:

I always saw that bit as a bluff, they're feigning where they're striking next. Problem is they know their adversary so well that the feigns don't fool anyone.
Donald Glover
AG
quote:
Aside: My work situation is completely hopeless right now. Being 9 days out, Star Wars is consuming so much space in my head that it's hard to get anything done.

Luckily work slows way down during the holidays.
Imagine a world where the movie comes out the day after you're done with finals
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
You'd be in real trouble if it was the day before.
Donald Glover
AG
Good point
Definitely Not A Cop
AG
I always thought it was the force let them glimpse the immediate future, that is why they are such talented warriors. And that is what makes Jedi battles so great; they are constantly trying to change the immediate future to beat their opponent.

Is that wrong?
jr15aggie
AG
We are fast approaching page 300 before launch
AliasMan02
AG
quote:
I always thought it was the force let them glimpse the immediate future, that is why they are such talented warriors. And that is what makes Jedi battles so great; they are constantly trying to change the immediate future to beat their opponent.

Is that wrong?
Jedi have a paranormal instinct... that guardian angel whispering for them to do something or other. Not just a "spider sense" but sometimes broader than that, but not really to the extent you're describing.

The canon example that immediately jumps to mind is Kanan, living in hiding and never using any of his abilities, is in a tight spot and thinks he may have to pull his lightsaber. Some instinct tells him not to, and he trusts it, which pays off.

Another example is Anakin and Obi-Wan standing outside Padme's door, when they both suddenly lurch up because they suddenly know she's in danger.

So really, it's just little glimpses and insights.
Definitely Not A Cop
AG
That makes sense.

I also liked the allusionary elements of your Canon Kanaan sentences.
Carlo4
AG
quote:
Ok, time to stop posting articles and toys. Let's have some safe, fun discussion to distract ourselves.

Suggested topics:

- Why doesn't Uncle Owen recognize 3PO, who lived with them for years?
- Did Mace really beat Palps?
- ROTS is objectively better than ROTJ. Thoughts?

Open to other suggestions. I'll hang up and listen.

- Why didn't Obi Wan recognize R2-D2 and C3PO when they were introduced? T
- Why did Darth Vader choke the Rebel commander with his bare hands when he could have just done it from a distance?
- Did the guy that talked back to Vader on the Death Star and got choked out not know Vader had the force? Was it his first day on the job?
- Why did it take 10 seconds to fire the death star earlier in the movie, yet takes 2 minutes when Luke makes his run?

- Why am I single??? Oh wait...
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
quote:
- Why did it take 10 seconds to fire the death star earlier in the movie, yet takes 2 minutes when Luke makes his run?

It was out of firing range of Yavin, it took that long to get within range.
Fat Bib Fortuna
AG

quote:
Why did Darth Vader choke the Rebel commander with his bare hands when he could have just done it from a distance?
From a distance, the guy looked like Vader's friend, even though they were at war.
Fat Bib Fortuna
AG

So, what was Hogwarts like, Charlie ... i mean, Hux.

I'm going through menopause.
I know.

Single white scavenger seeks ex-stormtrooper type for fun and excitement. Meet me by the AT-AT foot.

A black stormtrooper? Stop fooling around!

Treebeard? Is that you?

Why is C3PO's arm red? Has it always been red?
Fat Bib Fortuna
AG
Round 2 results:

#1 Luke Skywalker def. #8 Chewbacca 84%-16%
#2 Han Solo def. #10 R2-D2 100%-0%
#3 Kylo Ren def. #11 Princess Leia 71%-29%
#5 Rey def. #4 Finn 71%-29%

The semifinals begin now!

#1 Luke Skywalker vs. #5 Rey
# 2 Han Solo vs. #3 Kylo Ren

Vore!
TCTTS
AG
It was the best of times, it was the worst of times...

hunter2012
AG
I'm not even sure if it will be number 1 the first weekend:

TexAgBolter
AG
quote:

That takes me back to the midnight screening at Sundance Square in Fort Worth. It was nuts. No one, including myself, could admit that the movie was a letdown.
double aught
AG
Personally, it's pretty rare that I don't like a movie, especially one that I've made the effort of going to the theater for, immediately after seeing it. I was just like those people after TPM. It's only after time that I can look back and realize a movie sucks. Confirmation bias, I guess.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Vored.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
MGS
quote:
I'm not even sure if it will be number 1 the first weekend:

No kidding, why did they schedule the release on the same day as an Alvin and the Chipmunks movie?
double aught
AG
Lucy Liu looks the same as she did in '99.
Silvertaps
AG
quote:

Funny it took the very last guy interviewed to give the answer how most would respond today.
The Collective
AG
Have you considered how terrible next week is going to be from Monday - part of Thursday?
Aggie_3
quote:
Have you considered how terrible next week is going to be from Monday - part of Thursday?
Just TURRIBLE
First Page Last Page
Page 294 of 1252

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.