Star Wars Discussion Thread

5,860,019 Views | 43819 Replies | Last: 8 hrs ago by TCTTS
The Collective
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
quote:
Wow that article was a waste of time.

I love a good article, but that one was beyond ridiculous with the painful level of descriptors.
jr15aggie
AG
quote:

Mark looking very fit in that video! Sure he was covered up, but he looks good... good enough to look like a fit Jedi Knight awesome sauce in Ep VIII!!!!!
MGS
He's still a little short for that outfit.
AggieSouth06
quote:
quote:

Mark looking very fit in that video! Sure he was covered up, but he looks good... good enough to look like a fit Jedi Knight awesome sauce in Ep VIII!!!!!

Wait, why didn't he unmask himself to the fans. That's what makes these videos great. Who cares if they met their hero if they didn't know it was him?
hurleyag
AG
Because they didn't donate to Omaze yet.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
I was hoping for that moment, also.

I did enjoy the "Oh, boy." when he sees Vader.

Mark Hamilton?
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Two weeks from today, gents.

Feels like the next 14 days are gonna drag on forever. But we're almost there. I can see the light.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Cheesy and manipulative, but damn it, it kinda got me.

Fat Bib Fortuna
AG
quote:

When you compress the prequels into a 13-second highlight, they're pretty good.
Fat Bib Fortuna
AG
quote:
Cheesy and manipulative, but damn it, it kinda got me.

That straight up made me tear up. As I've waxed on infinite times in this thread, knowing in 2 weeks I'll be going to see the movie with the same 2 guys - my dad and my brother - who were there with me in 1977, 1980, 1983, 1999, 2002, and 2005 is the best feeling in the world.

Scratch that, the best feeling is that I was 3 in 1977 for A New Hope, and I have a pair of 3 year olds at home now, one of whom is getting this little fellow in her stocking in 21 days, at which point she will exclaim.

"YODA! YOD-EEEE! Does he have a green lightsaber, Daddy? Did Yoda die? Who put the blanket on him? He's a ghost? Oh, and who are his friends? Is Chewie his friend? Is Mace Windu his friend? Is Luke his friend? Where's Yoda's house? He lives in a swamp? What does Yoda do to Luke's spaceship? Is Yoda a teacher?"

wangus12
AG
Hit me right in the stones
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
I can imagine that being a great feeling. Unfortunately, I'm the only one in my family that is into Star Wars. I remember going to see Eps I and II with the family, but it wasn't a particularly special experience for them. Ep III was a little cooler for me since I went with my high school friends and we were all really excited to see it.

The only ones I share this experience with these days are my roommates (who are almost into SW as much as myself), a couple of friends on Facebook, and you people.

That said, I imagine that will change in two weeks. I've never been to a Star Wars movie on opening night, and I can't wait to have that shared experience with 300+ die hard SW nerds. And this thread, of course.
thaed137
AG
Figured this would be a better place to post this since this is more audience specific.....feel free to delete staff if needed as it is in the classifieds section.

I have 4 tickets for Dec 19th at Studio Movie Grill at City Center seats G1-G4 which are the VIP cushy seats at 7pm. Buddy is having a wedding party thing that night so I'll have to buy tickets at another time. Looking for $50 x 2 or $80 x 4. This is above their face value. I can simply return them easy enough for face value. Figured I would try to make something out of a crappy situation.

Thanks.

Fat Bib Fortuna
AG

quote:
Buddy is having a wedding party thing that night
That guy ain't your buddy.

But kudos to you for trying to make money selling tickets on a board full of super fans who have all bought their tickets at face value a good six weeks ago.
Fat Bib Fortuna
AG
Took a while to think of today's pick-3, but here goes.

You get a front-row seat to three battles - they can be 1 on 1 or everybody vs. everybody - from any of the 6 movies.

what 3 do you pick?
AggieSouth06
quote:

You get a front-row seat to three battles - they can be 1 on 1 or everybody vs. everybody - from any of the 6 movies.

what 3 do you pick?

George Lucas vs. an AT-AT

I would watch it three times.
The Collective
AG
Non-acrobatic Yoda vs. Darth Vader is all I need.
hurleyag
AG
Hoth
Qui Gon/Obi Won vs. Maul (Dual of Fates playing)
"It's a trap" space attack on the 2nd Death Star
Legal Custodian
AG
I would say in no particular order:

1. A dogfight between an X-Wing and a Tie Interceptor
2. Darth Maul vs. Darth Vader
3. Han Solo and Wedge in a fist fight
AliasMan02
AG
ANH Kenobi vs TFM Kenobi. Young and brash versus an expert in all things Jedi.

Qui Gon vs Vader. Two master warriors, patient, crafty, and deliberate.

RotJ Luke vs one of the rank and file knights or dark siders... Quinlan Vos, maybe. Be interested to see how he really stacked up.
wangus12
AG
1) Qui-Gon/Obi Wan v Darth Maul
2) Space battle above Coruscant at start of Episode III
3) Space battle for 2nd Death Star
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
I assume we're safe from force debris, lightning, or potential flying lightsabers, right?

1. Yoda + Mace Windu vs. Palpatine + Darth Maul
Setting: Geonosis arena

2. Luke (post ROTJ) vs. Anakin (prime)
Setting: Jedi Temple

3. Darth Vader vs. Darth Maul
Setting: Hoth

Bonus:
Yoda vs. 20 Stormtroopers trying to **** with his hut in Dagobah
RebAg13
AG
Starting my bachelor party on the 17th with Star Wars
Flashdiaz
AG
Yoda, Darth Vader, Darth Maul, Mace Windu and General Grevious against Jar Jar.
The Collective
AG
Not sure if posted...all released footage in chronological order. Avoid if you are anti that sort of thing.

COOL LASER FALCON
Tina Fey and Amy Pohler are so awesome

Brian Earl Spilner
AG
The more I think about it, the more I lean towards this guy being Han.

jr15aggie
AG
quote:
Not sure if posted...all released footage in chronological order. Avoid if you are anti that sort of thing.

Pretty cool... A few shots were new to me so I must have missed a couple of their many promos that are all over the place now.

I think it's a little off though. Pretty sure the movie starts with the village raid on Jakku, and not with Rey. But I don't know for sure, it seems to make sense to start off similar to new hope by immediately establishing the bad guys and showing what they want.
TCTTS
AG
I could actually kind of see it.

That said, the thought of anyone trying to mimic Harrison Ford's mannerisms and all that just makes me roll my eyes.
GCRanger
AG
Only watched about half of it. I shouldn't have. Though it's not spoilers and I've been putting it together in my head, it's just too much before seeing the real thing.

Silvertaps
AG
quote:
Only watched about half of it. I shouldn't have. Though it's not spoilers and I've been putting it together in my head, it's just too much before seeing the real thing.

Meh...I think you're good to watch them.
I mentioned much earlier in this thread Abrams has been MASTERFUL in hiding the actual plot/story in the trailers. All you've heard is rumors at this point, and love Luke hasn't been seen (outside of the R2 scene).
If you want an example of a massive spoiler trailer, see the latest Superman vs batman movie. WTF?!
MSFC Aggie
AG
quote:

what 3 do you pick?
1) Hoth battle
2) Leia vs Jabba
3) Hoth battle
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
God, I love this girl.

HeadGames
AG
1. Death Star II
2. Hoth Battle
3. Battle for Jakku? Can I pick this one now?
mazag08
AG
Yeah.. this makes too much sense at this point..

There's a LOT of potential evidence leading to Luke being evil.

All of those voice overs where we hear Serkis telling Kylo that even with all of his experience, this is something completely new..

"There's been an awakening. Have you felt it? The dark side and the light."

Could Luke be the one awakening on the dark side?
First Page Last Page
Page 284 of 1252

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.