Star Wars Discussion Thread

5,858,393 Views | 43819 Replies | Last: 17 min ago by TCTTS
Texaggie7nine
How long do you want to ignore this user?
http://www.firstshowing.net/2015/extra-details-about-the-force-awakens-70mm-imax-3d-release/
7nine
Ag Since 83
AG
Just saw Look Cinemas is selling tickets (didn't see them selling last night, and I was worried AMC had bullied them out of a big movie again). So I just picked up a Friday night ticket at my favorite theater in the world, to go along with a Thursday night ticket in Allen
Prime0882
AG
Now witness the FIREPOWER of this fully armed and operational HYPE MACHINE. (reddit comment I liked)
amercer
AG
I definitely want a 2d imax showing.
AgMarauder04
AG
Is that the starkiller weapon firing when Kyle is in front of the window? Then it looks like a planet being destroyed?
jeffk
AG
quote:
Is that the starkiller weapon firing when Kyle is in front of the window? Then it looks like a planet being destroyed?
Alderaan II biting the dust probably.
hurleyag
AG
quote:

Pure speculation (from someone who is intentionally staying away from spoilers): the fiery wave crashing over the mountaintop is Luke unleashing some heavy force **** to save the day in the climatic battle, thus revealing himself to Kylo, who senses Luke's re-awakening.

I think it's the new super weapon.
wangus12
AG
Okay, now that they've remade Battlefront, Can they please remake Rogue Squadron. Still freaking pumped about the X-Wing v. Tie battles
RCH2030
So for 3d imax, will you have to wear the glasses? sorry ignorant 3d movie peep here...
S.A.Aggie2006
AG
quote:
quote:
So... "finish what you started..."

Exterminating the Jedi?
Bringing order to the galaxy?
Destroying the Empire?
Ruling the galaxy as Father and Son

I think Ren "thinks" it is one thing, but in the end it is bringing balance to the force.
I have never really understood the "Bring balance to the force" Vader Prophecy. So the force has a Dark and Good side. How does Vader bring this about when he eventually kills the Emperor and leaves just Luke alive (after he has slaughtered all the other Jedi)
In the the new Force Awakens world how is the force unbalanced?
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
quote:

Chills at this part.
AgMarauder04
AG
quote:
quote:
quote:
So... "finish what you started..."

Exterminating the Jedi?
Bringing order to the galaxy?
Destroying the Empire?
Ruling the galaxy as Father and Son

I think Ren "thinks" it is one thing, but in the end it is bringing balance to the force.
I have never really understood the "Bring balance to the force" Vader Prophecy. So the force has a Dark and Good side. How does Vader bring this about when he eventually kills the Emperor and leaves just Luke alive (after he has slaughtered all the other Jedi)
In the the new Force Awakens world how is the force unbalanced?
He's obviously thinking before Vader turned back to the light. I imagine he means wiping out the Jedi.
Fat Bib Fortuna
AG

Just noticed Chewie has been wounded in this picture.

Don't know where they are,don't want to know, but man it looks cool.
Atreides Ornithopter
AG
In the prequels there were hundreds of light side Jedi and only 2 Sith ( dark side)

In the original 3 there were the same 2 Sith and 2-3 Jedi ( Obi Wan, Yoda and then only Luke)
and by the end there is only Luke.

It was balancing their numbers but I think it is more than that. I think the issue with Luke is that he doesn't want to access the dark side because of the power and destruction it brings( he probably destroyed Jakku with the dark side, then got scared and left society)

True Balance of the force is light and dark in the same person, not only light or dark persons. At least that is what I want to happen.
Mac94
AG
Shear speculation on the scene above with the flags ... my guess is that's part of the resistance base where the x-wings are ... they arrive ... then we have the battle.

the flags may be the battered flags of the systems in the resistance. Think back to Ep1 and the flags at the beginning of the pod race scene being carried out representing the home worlds of each racer.

AgMarauder04
AG
Where is this speculation of Luke destroying Jakku coming from?
AliasMan02
AG
The prophesy/chosen one thing was really just classic Lucas. Vague concept with no real thought behind it, loose end left flapping.
Farmer1906
AG
quote:
The prophesy/chosen one thing was really just classic Lucas. Vague concept with no real thought behind it, loose end left flapping.
This
Atreides Ornithopter
AG
This thread for me. I think the internet is trying to rationalize a reason luke has disappeared. Either destroying Jakku or the other is something happened when he potentially started training new jedi.
wcb
AG
quote:
quote:

Chills at this part.
+1
tamusc
AG
quote:
So for 3d imax, will you have to wear the glasses? sorry ignorant 3d movie peep here...

Yes, but they are different than the non-IMAX 3D glasses. So, if the REAL 3D ones bother you, the IMAX ones might not.
amercer
AG
The only good 3d glasses I've used were the battery powered ones at santikos. And it took three tries to find ones that were charged. It was much brighter than the others I've used.

Still, I don't really see the point (and my kid hates 3d) so we'll be seeing it on the biggest 2d available.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
quote:
https://instagr.am/p/9DN_LbsCtp

Both John and Daisy freaking out at the trailer just like all of us. I love it.
The Collective
AG
I have a guess on the building with the flags, but I will keep it to myself. Though, it has to be pretty obvious if even I have figured it out.
The Collective
AG
Yep. Nice that the cast seems to care.
AliasMan02
AG
quote:
This thread for me. I think the internet is trying to rationalize a reason luke has disappeared. Either destroying Jakku or the other is something happened when he potentially started training new jedi.

I don't think he will be training Jedi, but I do think Kanata will be a disciple/companion of his of sorts. She might or might not be a Force user. Perhaps a sort of mystic practicioner from the world where Luke isholed up.
Fat Bib Fortuna
AG

All Kylo's friends have interesting weapons of their own, mainly melee. I'm going to go ahead and assume the guy in the back is carrying a skateboard.

I love the video game landscape - guys hiding behind debris and half-structures - of this fight scene. Utterly missing from the prequels other than briefly on Utapau and in Ki Adi Mundi's part of Order 66.

EDIT: Is that big water wall off in the distance of the stormies Poe Dameron & company in their X-wings coming?

AgMarauder04
AG
That forested planet has to be a rebel base? So, here's the question....

Does the resistance launch a successful offensive against starkiller base and this is retaliation?

Do they defend their base and follow the imps back to their base?
jr15aggie
AG
Did we get confirmation on the female voice at the end. Is that Leia or Rey? Really hard to tell who it is.

Hype level at absolute maximum!
Fat Bib Fortuna
AG
I think the voice at the end is Lupita Nyongo's character.

And here's something for my fellow Arrested Development fans.

Aggie_3
So here is what I think happened to Luke.

near the beginning of the movie he crosses path with the only storm trooper that actually shoots straight and he is in such shock and disbelief he lets his guard down just for a second and BAM straight shootin storm trooper got that fool
jr15aggie
AG
quote:

We are the Knights who say ni!!!!

Seriously though, this has gotta be the Knights of Ren right!? It's what we've sorta heard so far... not Sith, but their alpha male has taken it up a few notches!
Brian Earl Spilner
AG

Just noticed the huge line ox X-Wings coming in right over the water. Epic.
pimplepopper
AG
After showing the preview to my 6-year-old son this morning, he asked why the bad guy is wearing a duck mask.
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
Fat Bib Fortuna
AG
I wonder if Kylo voluntarily takes the helmet off or if it gets knocked off him in the fight. Gotta think that thing would really fog up with the combo of hot breath and cold air.
First Page Last Page
Page 217 of 1252

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.