Star Wars Discussion Thread

5,859,645 Views | 43819 Replies | Last: 6 hrs ago by TCTTS
Cromagnum
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Is it going to be good? Yes.

Is it worth buying tickets two months in advance to put up with massive crowds, retardation, and probably violence in some theaters? Hell no.

Ill go see it a week or two later.
Flashdiaz
AG
quote:

Is it worth buying tickets two months in advance to put up with massive crowds, retardation, and probably violence in some theaters? Hell no.

violence at Star Wars movie? doubt it.

and there's reserved seating with printed tickets so the long lines will only be at the concession stands.
SUPAGGIE
That's why you only buy reserved seating tickets for something like this.
Cromagnum
AG
quote:
quote:

and there's reserved seating with printed tickets so the long lines will only be at the concession stands.

You are delusional. You cant pack that many folks in that many small places and not expect idiocy to occur.
jr15aggie
AG
quote:

Just noticed the huge line ox X-Wings coming in right over the water. Epic.

Yeah, I noticed this pretty early on. Goes back to that first teaser with all the X-Wings coming in low and fast off the water. Also appears to be what Han/Chewy/Finn are looking at when they had their hands up, but here comes the cavalry!
AgMarauder04
AG
quote:
quote:
quote:

You are delusional. You cant pack that many folks in that many small places and not expect idiocy to occur.
This is no different than any other big time movie release with major sellouts to open the release. Go ahead and post all your empirical evidence of fights and violence at these kinds of releases. We will wait.
AgMarauder04
AG
quote:
quote:

Just noticed the huge line ox X-Wings coming in right over the water. Epic.

Yeah, I noticed this pretty early on. Goes back to that first teaser with all the X-Wings coming in low and fast off the water. Also appears to be what Han/Chewy/Finn are looking at when they had their hands up, but here comes the cavalry!
Those stormtroopers are so boned.

It's one of the parts spoken of in the "compiled" synopsis online. Seems feasible from what I read.
The Collective
AG
Walk out of your show littering the air with spoilers, and see if violence occurs.
ChipFTAC01
AG

Heeeeey Macarena!
AgMarauder04
AG
quote:
Walk out of your show littering the air with spoilers, and see if violence occurs.
I dare someone to walk out of the first showing and yell "LUKE SKYWALKER IS KYLO REN" to the people standing in line. Make sure someone is videoing too.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Fat Bib Fortuna
AG
A few thoughts on my 18th view of the trailer.

1) I think Kylo Ren isn't talking to Vader's mask, but to Serkis' Snoke, possibly via hologram about "finishing what you started"

2) I think it could be possible that Han is actually telling Rey and Finn about what happened to Luke/Vader/Palps with his "it's true ..." dialogue, because broken up it could easily be part of him telling them that Palpatine tried to turn Luke to the Dark Side and Vader saved him.

3) Is it possible for Harrison Ford to win Best Supporting Actor in a Trailer at the Oscars right now?
jr15aggie
AG
quote:

At 70+ years old he crash landed a plane onto a golf course and not only did he not hurt a fly, he walked away from the whole deal. Of course he's a believer now!!!!
jabberwalkie09
AG
quote:
https://i.imgur.com/TX8C25j.jpg
JJ sneaking in his bad robot?
Cromagnum
AG
So what are people going to do if they go in all hyped up and this ends up just like The Phantom Menace?
Farmer1906
AG
quote:
So what are people going to do if they go in all hyped up and this ends up just like The Phantom Menace?
Texaggie7nine
Phantom menace was targeting little kids. This is obviously not the case.
7nine
twilly
AG
quote:
quote:
If you go straight up from the space between Han and BB-8, to the very top of the shot, there is a tan flag with a Mandalorian symbol on it (Boba Fett skull badge)
Mac94
AG
quote:

If this happens ... J.J. Abrams will then forever be known as Jar Jar Abrams! ;-)
jabberwalkie09
AG
quote:
A few thoughts on my 18th view of the trailer.

1) I think Kylo Ren isn't talking to Vader's mask, but to Serkis' Snoke, possibly via hologram about "finishing what you started"

2) I think it could be possible that Han is actually telling Rey and Finn about what happened to Luke/Vader/Palps with his "it's true ..." dialogue, because broken up it could easily be part of him telling them that Palpatine tried to turn Luke to the Dark Side and Vader saved him.

3) Is it possible for Harrison Ford to win Best Supporting Actor in a Trailer at the Oscars right now?
I think Kylo talking to Snoke is a definite possibility. Actually I think it would mirror Vader and Palpatine in ESB very nicely.

Yeah, I think it's cut up for the trailer. I think that it suit the trailer very well, but I also wouldn't be surprised if it comes from that scene where Rey and Finn are with Han and there is some dialogue from them between those lines.

It should be. Oh boy, it should be.
OnlyForNow
AG
Awesome call on the X-wings over the water.

I think Rey is crying over Finn's body (not that he is dead but it seems that is his jacket) this takes place on the snowy planet/scene where he and Kylo fight with light sabers.

Def. think those dudes hanging out with Kylo in the rain are Knights of Ren.

The flags? Don't have a clue, but this scene seems like it is after Poe and Finn run into each other under the X-wing.
SUPAGGIE
quote:
quote:

I actually thought that the opening shot of the trailer when you see Rey with her mask on kind of makes her look like the Bad Robot.
Farmer1906
AG
quote:
quote:
quote:

I actually thought that the opening shot of the trailer when you see Rey with her mask on kind of makes her look like the Bad Robot.
I totally missed that that was Rey.
OnlyForNow
AG
ALSO...

who is the scavenger creeping around in the ship,(I assume it's the downed SD on Jakku).

Is this the guy that gives Rey the light saber and is the big goggle eyed guy on the left side of the poster?

... that's the dark side... does he find the light saber, return it to Rey, knowing she'll seek out Luke/Han/the old gang to return it and learn the history, thus drawing Luke out into the open from hiding where Kylo obviously could not find him and thus revealing himself to the dark side?!!!!!
SUPAGGIE
That's Rey with the mask on scavenging in the ship

It's also the same mask in the Rey's Speeder LEGO set:

JCRiley09
AG
quote:
ALSO...

who is the scavenger creeping around in the ship,(I assume it's the downed SD on Jakku).

Is this the guy that gives Rey the light saber and is the big goggle eyed guy on the left side of the poster?

... that's the dark side... does he find the light saber, return it to Rey, knowing she'll seek out Luke/Han/the old gang to return it and learn the history, thus drawing Luke out into the open from hiding where Kylo obviously could not find him and thus revealing himself to the dark side?!!!!!
It's Rey. She has the stick weapon thing when she's swinging around
jr15aggie
AG
quote:
I assume you mean from the previous trailer. The lightsaber is given to Leia, not Rey. Not only does the voice over of Luke say "My sister" as soon as that shot is shown, the hand is also wearing fancy rings. It's Leia.

And yes, it is assumed the goggle eyed "guy" on the left is the alien that gives the lightsaber.... but it's a female character.
SpreadsheetAg
AG
quote:
Place looks like a castle... Maz Kanata is a pirate who owns a castle that plays host to myriad smugglers, etc. The flags could be those people's displaced by war? Or Kanata's conquests?
jr15aggie
AG
Pretty sure I'm getting much LESS work done today than yesterday.
TCTTS
AG
quote:
quote:
Place looks like a castle... Maz Kanata is a pirate who owns a castle that plays host to myriad smugglers, etc. The flags could be those people's displaced by war? Or Kanata's conquests?

Bingo. Was just about to respond to this. That's Maz's castle. Maz is the goggle-eyed alien in the poster, played Lupita Nyong'o (via motion capture). This is where our heroes meet her, and this is where Maz gives Rey the voice over speech we hear in the trailer. Maz is also the character who narrates to our heroes the one flashback of the movie.
AgMarauder04
AG
I am showing EVERY class of mine the trailer. This allows me to view it multiple times while also exposing them to its awesomeness.

"Hey, you can't do that. It's not attached to a lesson!" So happy you asked:

"OK, Engineering Students...how is it possible to construct BB-8?"

"OK, Physics Students, which laws of physics are being broken in this trailer?"
Fat Bib Fortuna
AG
quote:
Pretty sure I'm getting much LESS work done today than yesterday.
Wow I just came to post this

I got to interview a guy who served in the Marine Corps at the White House during JFK's presidency yesterday and I barely even remember talking to him now. My wife was sick of hearing the trailer play on the TV after the third straight viewing last night and I promised her I wouldn't show it to my twin 3 year old daughters before school because it was too scary.

Cue 30 seconds after she pulls out the driveway,

Daddy; "Hey girls, who wants to watch Chewbacca and R2D2 on TV?"
Fat Bib Fortuna
AG
quote:
quote:
quote:

Bingo. Was just about to respond to this. That's Maz's castle. Maz is the goggle-eyed alien in the poster, played Lupita Nyong'o (via motion capture). This where our heroes meet her, and this is where Maz gives Rey the voice over speech we hear in the trailer. Maz is also the character who narrates to our heroes the one flashback of the movie.
might be time to reactivate the TFA Spoilers Allowed thread.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
I've seen the trailer itself about 8 times, and 5 or 10 reaction videos. Youtube is a gold mine right now.
First Page Last Page
Page 218 of 1252

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.