Star Wars Discussion Thread

5,888,711 Views | 43965 Replies | Last: 5 hrs ago by TCTTS
TCTTS
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Called the Chinese Theater yesterday, asking about tickets, and they said to call back today. Just called again, asking for an exact time, and they still have no clue. The woman said to just keep refreshing the site when the trailer hits. Not a good sign when the most popular movie theater in the entire world doesn't know what's going on...

Knife_Party
I had never seen the prequel trailers before because when they came out we didn't have TV or the internet. Holy **** those were awful. It's just a random mishmash of scenes with no coherent theme....damn. That sounds like every ****ing prequel movie.
jr15aggie
AG
Really wish you hadn't posted the teasers for all the prequels!!! I can still watch those things today and my reaction is still the same, "Holy crap those new Star Wars movies are gonna be so awesome!".

It tells me that I will no doubt be completely blown away by what I see tonight... will no doubt go on to tell myself and anybody who will listen how good it's going to be... and it won't mean a dang thing because the movie could still suck donkey balls!
jabberwalkie09
AG
TFA will break the internet.
512Ag
AG
Guys, the line just got a little shorter: #BoycottStarWarsVII on Twitter is a thing. That's right -- white supremacists are boycotting because the movie promotes genocide against whites. Or some such nonsense. Whatever...that many fewer people to compete with for tickets.

...Upon further review, they're mad because it has a black lead actor. I guess no one told them who did the voice of Vader. Or, you know, the fact that Lando was black. I'm not sure what to think about Boba Fett. I should probably go over to the thread about his stand-alone movie to decide, right?
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
How could you tell?

Nope. No kids.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Seriously, why is there no official time? This is possibly the biggest presale of the modern era and nobody knows what's going on.
AgMarauder04
AG
quote:
Guys, the line just got a little shorter: #BoycottStarWarsVII on Twitter is a thing. That's right -- white supremacists are boycotting because the movie promotes genocide against whites. Or some such nonsense. Whatever...that many fewer people to compete with for tickets.
Can you be more clear? Only link I found is blocked at work.
jr15aggie
AG
quote:
Called the Chinese Theater yesterday, asking about tickets, and they said to call back today. Just called again, asking for an exact time, and they still have no clue. The woman said to just keep refreshing the site when the trailer hits. Not a good sign when the most popular movie theater in the entire world doesn't know what's going on...

wangus12
AG
I'm pretty confident I'll be able to get a ticket to the marathon in DFW. Shooting for the only true IMAX in Dallas which is Cinemark 17, but I may just get the tickets and go see it in true IMAX during the weekend.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
dave99ag
AG
quote:
...Upon further review, they're mad because it has a black lead actor. I guess no one told them who did the voice of Vader. Or, you know, the fact that Lando was black. I'm not sure what to think about Boba Fett. I should probably go over to the thread about his stand-alone movie to decide, right?

Seems fitting.

512Ag
AG
Unfortunately, I cannot be much clearer because it's not entirely clear to me what's going on. It's laughable, though.

Brian Earl Spilner
AG
The reason it's trending is because of all the backlash against it. Just FYI.
AgMarauder04
AG
quote:
Unfortunately, I cannot be much clearer because it's not entirely clear to me what's going on. It's laughable, though.

I found it on my phone. I have no idea what I just read.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
512Ag
AG
quote:
The reason it's trending is because of all the backlash against it. Just FYI.
That's true. But still, there will be 5-7 fewer people trying to get tickets tonight.
Urban Ag
AG
Dear God can we keep this thread out of politics? Please.
Knife_Party
quote:
Really wish you hadn't posted the teasers for all the prequels!!! I can still watch those things today and my reaction is still the same, "Holy crap those new Star Wars movies are gonna be so awesome!".

It tells me that I will no doubt be completely blown away by what I see tonight... will no doubt go on to tell myself and anybody who will listen how good it's going to be... and it won't mean a dang thing because the movie could still suck donkey balls!

It is really hard to separate one's feeling of hype from one's feeling about how good a trailer is. The first two trailers were excellent so far so that's at least one thing they've got going for them.
oglaw
AG
Was the movie shot with 3D cameras or is it going to be post converted into 3D?
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Boss just asked me to work 8-10 tonight.

Said no. Couldn't miss the trailer or miss getting tickets. I'm so pathetic.
TCTTS
AG
I love it! That's dedication.
TCTTS
AG
I work in an office that covers the movie business, we're building a new website for movies, and I still can't concentrate or get any work done.
TCTTS
AG
Almost positive it was NOT filmed in 3D, but post converted instead.
jr15aggie
AG
quote:

I feel like we are all friends here and friends help each other... just PM me your credit card info and I'll take it from there!
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Hah
tamusc
AG
Star Wars TFA Poster Reimagined

Simplebay
AG
Keegan99
AG

Fat Bib Fortuna
AG
quote:

In 2002 I was writing sports for a living and a playoff baseball game got re-scheduled. I found out about it about 30 minutes before it started and rushed to the stadium where the local school district's AD saw me and this conversation happened.

Him: "Where have you been? I called your office like 10 times today to tell you about the change in date."

Me: "Uh, Attack of the Clones came out today, I've been at the movies."

Him: "What's Attack of the Clones?"

Me: "Uh, Star Wars?"

Him: "They're making more of those?"
TCTTS
AG
Can't purchase yet, but a lot of IMAX showtimes have already been listed...

https://www.imax.com/movies/m/star-wars-the-force-awakens-an-imax-3d-experience/
TCTTS
AG
This might be helpful too...

http://www.fandango.com/starwars:episodeviitheforceawakens_169229/movietimes
Fat Bib Fortuna
AG
New Journey to the Force Awakens Children's book coming out next month has the unlikely title of: The Crimson Corsair and the Lost Treasure of Count Dooku.

Early speculation is that Dooku's "Lost Treasure" is a secret decoder ring that makes sense of the plot device of why the bad guys were trying to assassinate Padme in AOTC, and why it made more sense for her to hide on her home planet where there is next to zero security, than on Coruscant, where eleventy billion people live, including a zillion Jedi.

Brian Earl Spilner
AG
I've had both of those open since morning. You never know.
TCTTS
AG
Ha, same here. I currently have three tabs open I've already started refreshing, and we're still 5 hours out...
First Page Last Page
Page 206 of 1257

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.