Star Wars Discussion Thread

5,859,475 Views | 43819 Replies | Last: 5 hrs ago by TCTTS
The Collective
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Any guess on whether or not this movie will be PG-13?
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
I don't see it being PG, but that's just me.
OnlyForNow
AG
I'll re-post for more eyes...

Could this (weapon) be the thing that puts a major end to the battle (the battle that causes the star destroyer to crash). Luke powered it up, saw it's destructive capabilities and then went into recluse mode?
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
I don't see that being the case. Word is it's a "star system" destroyer, right? If you're talking about the battle of Jakku, it'd be a bit like using morphine for a papercut. Doesn't make much sense.
TCTTS
AG
I think it's already been confirmed by one of the recent books/comics that the star destroyer on Jakku was crashed on purpose by the Empire.
TCTTS
AG
So if kick-ff is 5:30, and the trailer debuts at the beginning of half time, what time are we thinking? 6:45? 7:00?
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Most are saying between 9:30 and 10 ET.
Buck Compton
AG
quote:
So if kick-ff is 5:30, and the trailer debuts at the beginning of half time, what time are we thinking? 6:45? 7:00?
Depends on how long Jon Gruden rambles on for...
Simplebay
AG
Kickoff 8:35pm EST > Halftime 10pm EST > Trailer 10:10pm EST > Internet Breaks 10:15 pm EST

My guess.
TCTTS
AG
Yeah, that makes sense. I could see the online release being an exact set time, probably just before the TV debut. And sorry, I should have clarified I was talking about Pacific time.
TCTTS
AG
Basically, I'm going to start refreshing this page around 6:20 PM Pacific (9:20 PM Eastern)...

https://www.youtube.com/user/starwars/videos
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Should be a fun evening tonight.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Farmer1906
AG
BOOM! Just got my tickets.
TCTTS
AG
How???
The Collective
AG
quote:
BOOM! Just got my tickets.

Meltdown in 3...2...
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Yeah, we're gonna need a hell of a lot more info there.
The Collective
AG
I keep calling moviefone. They must be overloaded - keep getting a busy signal.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Refreshed on fandango and imax. Still not able to buy anywhere.

Guessing 1906 knows someone, or is trolling.
TCTTS
AG
A couple of pointers...

- Login to your Fandango / MovieTickets.com / Moviephone / etc. account before tickets go up. That way you won't have to waste time entering in payment info.

- If your preferred desktop site crashes, have the mobile app/site up and ready to go. Those are usually a great and sometimes even faster alternative.
The Collective
AG
Are most of you doing the marathon showing or just going to the new movie? I am also confused - when is the first viewing of the new movie available? Are there midnight screenings on the 18th excluding the marathon? Sorry, thought I had this figured out but read something that confused me elsewhere.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
I was thinking about the marathon but now I'm thinking not. I honestly don't know if I can handle that many hours in the theater. The last thing I want is to be tired and ready to go by the time TFA starts.

And as far as I know, most theaters should start showing it at 7pm on the 17th.
jabberwalkie09
AG
My body is ready. The trailer can't get here fast enough.
TCTTS
AG
Yep, IMAX showings are confirmed to start at 7 PM on the 17th. I imagine all other formats will debut right around then as well.
TCTTS
AG
As for the marathon, there's no chance in hell I'll be attending. I love movies more than just about anything, but yeah, there's no way I can spend that much time in a theater, even with short breaks in between. Will instead do my own "marathon" at home of all six movies over the next few weeks.
The Collective
AG
You could get some quality rest during the Naboo scenes in AOTC.
jabberwalkie09
AG
quote:
You could get some quality rest during the Naboo scenes in AOTC TPM and AOTC.
FTFY.
Simplebay
AG
Getting pissed, the more i see the more it looks like the Houston Edwards MarqE IMAX isn't doing reserved seating. They usually do.

I will be going 2D reserved seating. can't line up.
AgMarauder04
AG
Santikos on 99 should be.
jr15aggie
AG
FYI... on Fandango it says the movie is 2 hr 16 minutes.... sounds about perfect.

And HECK NO to the marathon. I'd be so ready to do anything but watch Star Wars by the time the main event happened.

And in case I don't post again... I wanted to say Good Luck!
TCTTS
AG
It still blows my mind that not every theater in America is reserved seating. All it takes is physically adding tiny numbers to the seats and updating your website. Cost is so minimal. Saw The Martian in College Station a couple weeks ago and I had to line up for the first time in I don't know how long. Felt like such an ancient/unnecessary process.
AgMarauder04
AG
quote:
It still blows my mind that not every theater in America is reserved seating. All it takes is physically adding tiny numbers to the seats and updating your website. Cost is so minimal. Saw The Martian in College Station a couple weeks ago and I had to line up for the first time in I don't know how long. Felt like such an ancient/unnecessary process.
I'd happily pay an extra buckohfive for a reserved seat and not have to stand in line.
TCTTS
AG
The thing is, we don't even pay extra for reserved seating, at least here in LA. It's still the standard $1 booking fee, which we'd be paying anyway.
benMath08
AG
Yea, I don't even bother anymore if it's not reserved seating. Only exception is when I've got the day off and can go to a movie at 2pm on a Tuesday (which is a wonderful experience).
TCTTS
AG
Exactly. The mid-afternoon weekday thing is perfect for walk-ups, but after 5 PM, if there's any chance whatsoever of having to sit toward the front or wait in line, I'm not buying tickets to your theater.
First Page Last Page
Page 207 of 1252

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.