Star Wars Discussion Thread

5,859,140 Views | 43819 Replies | Last: 4 hrs ago by TCTTS
AgMarauder04
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
quote:
quote:
You could follow nothing but this thread and stay very well informed. Trailer date has been discussed for a solid couple weeks now.
I'm not reading all that nonsense haha, I promise to stay up to date now
Welcome aboard, fellow degenerate!
jr15aggie
AG
quote:

ROFL!!! I was thinking the exact same thing when I woke up after the dream!!!!! So many of us are the same generation and type of nerds!!!!
jr15aggie
AG
quote:
Well, if true, Disney has their story. (In the UK at least.)

http://www.abc17news.com/news/business/star-wars-the-force-awakens-brings-down-ticket-booking-sites/35917678

Crap... was afraid of that. I am not 100% confident I will be able to secure my tickets tonight because I have a feeling the same thing is going to happen over here. Everybody knows this thing is gonna sell-out before the night is up and these websites better be ready. All Fandango employees who even know what a server is better not go home tonight... we're coming for you at halftime!
Urban Ag
AG
The BB8 thing wasn't really doing much for me until the new snippets with his droid voice in there. Now I want to hug him.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG

(or so...)

And this is us in about 9 hours....
Urban Ag
AG
quote:
quote:
^ At the very end of that clip it goes to slow-mo for a split second. And it's not normal footage slowed down for the teaser. Looks it's slow-mo in the actual movie. I know this is super nerdy/technical, but have we ever seen slow-mo in a Star Wars movie before?

When the Dagobah Vader/Luke helmet rolled in front of Luke and showed Luke's face in it.
Also, and the only other one I can think of, is when the Wampa arm get sliced off by Luke it appears to fall in slow motion. Damn, that is going way back in the dome.

Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Someone on reddit just posted that presale started in Mexico, and tickets in his theater in Baja California sold out in 20 minutes.

Starting to stress out about this.
Urban Ag
AG
Stress? Really? I'm just going to tune out to media and go when the crowd dies down a little.
Simplebay
AG
we need an ETA here on when they're exactly going on sale. Fandango is gonna crash. 100%
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
I wish they'd put out the trailer a day before tickets went on sale, or at least a few hours before.

I'm simultaneously excited about the trailer, and worried I won't get to the tickets on time.
95_Aggie
AG
quote:
Starting to stress out about this.

It's a movie. Save your stress for things that are real.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
I stress out about many things. It's a problem.
The Collective
AG
I am expecting a big meltdown from BES & jr15 tonight
Mr. White
What if this is all a big Lucas prank?

"Sure, Disney, I'll sell to you. But the next movie is going to play out like this..."

After the opening crawl are the teasers which WERE filmed by Abrams and then 125 minutes of a middle finger and a 60 something -year-old hand holding a sign that says, "To All the Haterz!"
Flashdiaz
AG
quote:
What if this is all a big Lucas prank?

"Sure, Disney, I'll sell to you. But the next movie is going to play out like this..."

After the opening crawl are the teasers which WERE filmed by Abrams and then 125 minutes of a middle finger and a 60 something -year-old hand holding a sign that says, "To All the Haterz!"
so basically, Episode I.
Fat Bib Fortuna
AG
A post from reddit about ticket sales in Mexico has you stressed. Just think to yourself how that sounds and how realistic it actually is.

I think you need to do the math about how many people are movie fans that will go see Star Wars at some point, how many people are Star Wars fans who want to go see it the first weekend, and how many people are like us that MUST BE THERE OPENING DAY.

Those populations are progressively smaller and smaller. I think you'll be OK.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Kevin Smith: "Can't say how but I saw tonight's trailer. Easily one of my favorite promos of all time. Breathtaking. Tears of joy."

COOL LASER FALCON
quote:
A post from reddit about ticket sales in Mexico has you stressed. Just think to yourself how that sounds and how realistic it actually is.

I think you need to do the math about how many people are movie fans that will go see Star Wars at some point, how many people are Star Wars fans who want to go see it the first weekend, and how many people are like us that MUST BE THERE OPENING DAY.

Yeah. I think there's a chance that you may not be able to get the exact IMAX/ resolution that you want for the very first screening, but seeing it on opening night will not be a problem.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
The thing I'm worried about is that there is one true IMAX theater in all of Manhattan (Lincoln Square), and that's the one everyone in New York wants to go to on opening night. Reserved seating.

So I'm thinking all the good seats for the first showing will sell in seconds/minutes.

My plan of attack is to grab a ticket for the marathon in Long Island (only a handful of theaters doing it), then to try and score a good seat for Saturday at Lincoln Square.
The Collective
AG
You definitely have a special case - being in such a densely populated area. Full pucker effect if I were you.
Fat Bib Fortuna
AG
quote:
Kevin Smith: "Can't say how but I saw tonight's trailer. Easily one of my favorite promos of all time. Breathtaking. Tears of joy."

Not sure if you guys watch Comic Book Men on AMC, but the guys had Peter Mayhew in the store last night for a Wookiee calling contest.
Fat Bib Fortuna
AG
close-up on the mini Poe/Finn spot shows an odd bluish alien/robot strolling in the background. One of the fansites says it's this robot from the SW databank:

http://www.starwars.com/databank/pz-4co-peazy-fourseeo

Malachi Constant
AG
Could be a Mandalorian.
Fat Bib Fortuna
AG
quote:
Could be a Mandalorian.
Or Skeletor.
AgMarauder04
AG
quote:
quote:
Could be a Mandalorian.
Or Skeletor.
Or a cylon.
twilly
AG
Or the opera singer from The Fifth Element.
jr15aggie
AG
quote:
I don't know man... I know I post on here a lot, but I'm very far from what you would call a Star Wars super fan. I think I fall into a very large population of enthusiastic fans, but far removed from those that collect toys & dress up for opening night. That being said, it's a no brainer for me that I gotta get it done tonight if I want opening night tickets at my theater of choice. And if I'm thinking that way, then so are THOUSANDS of others who live in the same metro area.

I'm personally going for a very small number of reserved seats theater so that my wife can go with me and we not have to line up hours in advance to get a good seat. If I lose out on that I'll just go for the theater closer to my house and do the waiting game opening night.
The Collective
AG
I am posting on this thread but will admit I don't know WTF y'all are talking about 50% of the time. And this thread isn't even super nerdy, so there might be a lot of people wanting to go opening night like me. Once you consider there are very few elite theatres in large MSAs, there could be a pretty nice rush on tickets for opening weekend at desirable locations.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Pretty much the same for me. I don't own any SW toys, just the movies, one game, and one t-shirt.

I'm super nerdy about the movies, but there are much bigger fans than you and I. And there are a lot of them.
Fat Bib Fortuna
AG
I just watched the other two trailers for TFA, and although i'm still madly looking forward to tonight, I'm not sure this trailer can top my reaction to the 2nd one - starting with the VO of Luke and ending with Han & Chewie.

I think only seeing Luke (or Admiral Ackbar) will put this one over the other one. And to put you 13 minutes closer to the trailer, here's all 7 teaser trailers in order.

Brian Earl Spilner
AG
quote:
I'm not sure this trailer can top my reaction to the 2nd one - starting with the VO of Luke and ending with Han & Chewie.
Guess we'll find out in about 7 hours, eh?
Fat Bib Fortuna
AG
The Ian Malcolm in me wants to see what happens if there's a huge lightning storm outside the stadium and they delay the NFL game a few hours or cancel it.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG

I'm trying, ******* it.
Flashdiaz
AG
quote:

I'm trying, ******* it.
Urban Ag
AG
Brian - I am assuming that you don't have kids (yet). After spending the last ten years in a distant fourth place in my house, waiting a little longer for a movie, even TFA, just ain't a thing.
First Page Last Page
Page 205 of 1252

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.