Star Wars Discussion Thread

5,888,073 Views | 43965 Replies | Last: 2 hrs ago by TCTTS
Hagen95
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Knife_Party
Does anyone else think that music is from the new Williams score for the film?
Farmer1906
AG
quote:
Does anyone else think that music is from the new Williams score for the film?
I don't think its been confirmed anywhere, but I would assume so.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Gotta be. The score is probably fully recorded by now.
twilly
AG
TheForce.net says its new music.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Just in case some people can't see the embeded instagram.

Knife_Party
So somehow Finn gets some training with that thing, during the movie? Who do we think trains him? We've been thinking Luke is only going to be at the end so that can't be it. Leia maybe???
jr15aggie
AG
I'm not a huge nerd that completely geeks out, dresses up like a wookie, etc... I'm a pretty normal guy... but I'm having a hard time keeping it together man!!!

Pretty cool. One of my top questions is who is Rey and what is her part in all of this? Seen a couple instances now of Finn with a lightsaber. Up to this point I think many of us assumed Rey would also be a Force user (possibly a Solo & Leia baby giving her the Skywalker genes)... like her and Finn would both be the new apprentices. I have my doubts now since Finn looks to be rocking Luke's missing / now found saber and we have yet to see Rey holding anything but a staff. Maybe part of the staff is actually a lightsaber in disguise and she will bust it out and make us freak out in the theater.

I'm thinking Rey and Kylo are the two characters we won't be told much about going into the movie. I don't think any of us will be surprised if they end up being Solo twins or something. Can't wait!
jr15aggie
AG
quote:
So somehow Finn gets some training with that thing, during the movie? Who do we think trains him? We've been thinking Luke is only going to be at the end so that can't be it. Leia maybe???
I don't know man... so many questions and I am extremely happy that I don't have the answer. Was afraid the entire plot would have leaked before the summer. But you ask an excellent question. Does Luke get involved early enough to train him? Is there another force user that trains him? I keep wondering, who is Max Von Sydow's character? Early on JJ hinted he is somebody from the past. Is he possibly Kanan from SW Rebels and he is the one who briefly trains Finn.

Or maybe Finn is like Luke on Hoth in that he knows how to use it w/out cutting off his own leg or something, but he's not very skilled. Makes you wonder how he goes up against Kylo.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
^ Plagueis? Although there's rumors that it might be Serkis' character.

I agree, love that we have only questions and no answers.
Knife_Party
Thats what I'm wondering. You'd have to at least have some time with a Yoda like Luke did in Empire to be able to go against an experienced dark side user and think you aren't going to die in the first 10 seconds.

I mean, that is definitely an "I at least sort of know what I'm doing" stance Finn takes in that clip.
jr15aggie
AG
Looking at the First Order camera pan... Pretty sure there is the head dude at the podium with Phasma and Hux directly behind him. You don't see Kylo Ren up there. Meaning, he isn't a Vader figurehead that stands with the leader.

I can't help but wonder if Kylo isn't some rogue / secret agent as opposed to Vader who was this visible enforcer of the Emperor's will. And who is training Kylo or holding his leash? Is it possible the person talking (we assume Serkis) is responsible for Kylo and also trains Finn (w/out them knowing he's a master playing both sides). I mean, he does talk about the awakening of the dark side & the light. Perhaps he knows he can't control the awakening, but he can start his evil plot by manipulating those who are naturally drawn by the light side. Who knows man... so many really awesome ways they could go with this.
jr15aggie
AG
txagman1998
AG
quote:

I'm sure he can just get on the HoloNet and logon to JediHolocronTube.com. Should be lots of vids on how to use a lightsaber.
jr15aggie
AG
I speculated on Kylo above... here is what JJ said in an interview. I guess there is more info out there I don't know about. Whatever, the less I know the better.

quote:
"Kylo Ren is not a Sith," confirms JJ Abrams in the new issue of Empire. "He works under Supreme Leader Snoke, who is a powerful figure on the Dark Side of the Force.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Unless someone erases it from the archive memory, of course.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Apparently Target is selling RC BB-8's as an exclusive, and some stores appear to be selling it already.

Duncan Idaho
I want one
MGS
quote:
quote:

I'm sure he can just get on the HoloNet and logon to JediHolocronTube.com. Should be lots of vids on how to use a lightsaber.
Saxsoon
AG
My inner child is screaming
Saxsoon
AG
How much?!?!?!?!
double aught
AG
quote:
!!!!!!!!

SIAP!!!!!

https://instagr.am/p/65PhxOs_RH
Kick his ass Finn!
512Ag
AG
OK, so assuming Finn has Luke's old lightsaber, could it be that Ahsoka trains him? Isn't there an orange arm handing the lightsaber to Leia in one of the trailers? Maybe she gives the lightsaber to Leia so she can give it to Finn. Has it been confirmed or, more importantly, disproven that the orange arm belongs to Ahsoka? Wasn't there discussion on here a few pages back that she would probably be drawn to her former master's lightsaber?
512Ag
AG
quote:
I'm not a huge nerd that completely geeks out, dresses up like a wookie, etc... I'm a pretty normal guy... but I'm having a hard time keeping it together man!!!

This describes me as well.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
quote:
How much?!?!?!?!
$79, from what I hear.
quote:
OK, so assuming Finn has Luke's old lightsaber, could it be that Ahsoka trains him?
Not a bad theory. Could be Lupita Nyong'o.
Hagen95
AG
Maybe Asajj Ventress trains one of these new force adepts.
jr15aggie
AG
I just thought of what may be a better question... assuming Kylo & Finn fight... and also assuming the writers were smart enough not to kill off a new main character right away (like they did with Maul in Ep I)... how does the Kylo/Finn fight conclude w/out somebody being dead??? Here's my nerd scenario:

• Kylo / Finn duel
  • Finn is clearly outmatched but keeps Kylo at bay for a bit
  • Kylo taunts Finn as the fight continues... he knows he will kill Finn
  • Kylo disarms Finn... lightsaber is tossed to the side
  • Kylo stands over a fallen Finn... taunting still, delaying the death stroke
  • Sound of lightsaber re-igniting behind Kylo
  • Kylo turns
  • Luke Skywalker (first appearance) stands before Kylo: "I've been looking for this"
  • Kylo charges
  • Luke parrys Kylo with minimal effort and look of no concern
  • Finn looks on in amazement
  • Luke takes the offensive and Kylo is immediately outmatched
  • Kylo flees

You can almost picture the exact moment when complete strangers inside the movie theater start hugging and crying together!
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
That's so weird, I pictured almost the exact same scenario. Except in my head, the camera pans down to Finn's lightsaber on the the ground, then it gets force pulled out of frame and you hear it ignite. It slowly pans up to reveal Luke.
jabberwalkie09
AG
quote:

quote:
OK, so assuming Finn has Luke's old lightsaber, could it be that Ahsoka trains him?
Not a bad theory. Could be Lupita Nyong'o.

We kicked that around at page 113 when the trailer dropped at Celebration. For some reason I thought someone had said that it wasn't her.
wangus12
AG
quote:
I just thought of what may be a better question... assuming Kylo & Finn fight... and also assuming the writers were smart enough not to kill off a new main character right away (like they did with Maul in Ep I)... how does the Kylo/Finn fight conclude w/out somebody being dead??? Here's my nerd scenario:

• Kylo / Finn duel
  • Finn is clearly outmatched but keeps Kylo at bay for a bit
  • Kylo taunts Finn as the fight continues... he knows he will kill Finn
  • Kylo disarms Finn... lightsaber is tossed to the side
  • Kylo stands over a fallen Finn... taunting still, delaying the death stroke
  • Sound of lightsaber re-igniting behind Kylo
  • Kylo turns
  • Luke Skywalker (first appearance) stands before Kylo: "I've been looking for this"
  • Kylo charges
  • Luke parrys Kylo with minimal effort and look of no concern
  • Finn looks on in amazement
  • Luke takes the offensive and Kylo is immediately outmatched
  • Kylo flees

You can almost picture the exact moment when complete strangers inside the movie theater start hugging and crying together!

I would literally die if that happened. It would be so freaking awesome.
jr15aggie
AG
quote:
That's so weird, I pictured almost the exact same scenario. Except in my head, the camera pans down to Finn's lightsaber on the the ground, then it gets force pulled out of frame and you hear it ignite. It slowly pans up to reveal Luke.
That's kinds how I thought it would go too... but my post was long enough, so I gave the abbreviated version. But we are on the same page. Finn is uneducated and would lose but Luke finally shows up and saves him. The filmmakers would get their great story introducing new characters w/out Luke stealing the show... but before the credits roll the fans would get their wish and after 30 years we once again see Luke Skywalker wielding a lightsaber and kicking arse!

The movie ends with Luke, Leia, etc. & new cast all reunited... quick fade out and queue the music "da dum da da da daaaa dummm da da da daaaaa dum da da da daaaaa"!!!!

*gets back in line... calls wife... "honey, don't wait up"*

Yes please!
Fat Bib Fortuna
Fat Bib Fortuna
AG
So i've been full-time freelancing since 2013, and today was the first day in all that time that I've actually gone somewhere and worked on-site. TODAY. When Finn lit up the Skywalker family lightsaber for the first time, I knew nothing about it for 5 freaking hours.

Guy who says he will literally die, if it happens, and you post anytime after that, you are a liar.
jeffk
wangus12
AG
I'll just go back to my humble beginnings on the soccer board
First Page Last Page
Page 169 of 1257

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.