Star Wars Discussion Thread

5,859,344 Views | 43819 Replies | Last: 5 hrs ago by TCTTS
Ag Since 83
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I'm really debating if I should stop clicking this thread or not.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Honestly, that lightsaber has seen. Some. ****.

Lived through most of the Clone Wars, then was used to murder younglings at the Jedi Temple, then was used in the climactic duel on Mustafar with the fate of the galaxy hanging in the balance. Then it lay dormant for 20 years before being used by his previous master's son, to fight the old master himself. And now 30 years later, it's about to see a whole lot more.
TCTTS
AG
Just to manage expectations, I've heard Finn isn't trained in this movie. At least not formally. He may learn a few things here and there, but his training apparently happens in the next movie, by you-know-who.
Knife_Party
quote:
I'm really debating if I should stop clicking this thread or not.

Once the first full length trailer drops I'm out.
Knife_Party
Ya I was thinking someone is around that's at least familiar with the force that shows him a few tricks like Luke gets from Kenobi in E4. Finn is the only one that can take him on at that time for some reason so he just nuts up and does it. I think it would be pretty cool if we saw Leia showing him the stuff based on her own training.
Madmarttigan
AG
Isn't there some type of theory that Kylo isn't exactly a full Sith badass himself yet? That is why his lightsaber has the strange design because it was made in an unstable manner. If he isn't a full sith lord he may not overpower Finn immediately.
Cinco Ranch Aggie
AG
I must leave this thread. Must. Seeing more than I want to. But I am wondering if resistance is futile?
Fat Bib Fortuna
AG
My latest wouldn't it be awesome theory:

The scene of Vader's crumpled helmet we see in the first full trailer? We know Kylo Ren is a fan of Little Orphan Ani, but perhaps that scene is part of the rumored Luke flashback, and it's actually Luke discovering the helmet in Kylo's quarters - say at his Jedi Academy - and then realizing that while Kylo is very talented, he's also dancing with the Dark Side and has to get kicked out.

Maybe he and Luke even fight or Luke considers him dead and thus the bonfire with his hand on R2D2.

On the more humorous side of things, if Finn knows Kylo Ren is obsessed with Vader, right before he draws the blue one, he should say, "Oh yeah, heard you had Vader's mashed-up helmet or something? That's cool, all I have is his original lightsaber." SNAP, HISSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!
jr15aggie
AG
quote:
Isn't there some type of theory that Kylo isn't exactly a full Sith badass himself yet? That is why his lightsaber has the strange design because it was made in an unstable manner. If he isn't a full sith lord he may not overpower Finn immediately.

Correct, but he's still had a lot more practice than Finn. I'm pretty sure something has to happen in the Finn / Kylo fight so that both live. Either Luke shows up or perhaps Rey helps Finn fight off Kylo.

How about this for a twist... She's a Solo (with Skywalker blood) and doesn't reveal herself until the very end and she's a bad ass Jedi. How? She's been secretly trained by Luke for years. The movie ends with her taking everybody to see her Master who's been hiding from everybody else for years.

I'm pretty sure there is no way for JJ and Co. to screw this up. There are dozens of paths they could go down regarding Luke and those that are force sensitive and they would all be awesome.
Mr. White
quote:
I must leave this thread. Must. Seeing more than I want to. But I am wondering if resistance is futile?
It is. I've left this thread many times.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Rocking this new background on my phone.

Brian Earl Spilner
AG
quote:
quote:
It is. I've left this thread many times.

Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Oh ****...

Knife_Party
Man I wish that were true.
Thomas Ford 91
AG

EDIT - maybe I should have gone a page back before posting this

makingstarwars dot net has a link to a mini trailer on instagram. Less than 20 seconds but it good. actually got my heart rate up.

MiniTrailer - CAUTION BIG BIG REVEAL
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
tamusc
AG
jabberwalkie09
AG
I just thought of the parody trailer, Star Wars: The Binks Awakens. Jar Jar hanging off of an X-Wing blaster/laser canon would probably be one thing I'd like to see.
wangus12
AG
I won't lie. I've always been a bit curious as to what happened to Jar Jar after the Fall of the Republic. Does the Emperor "dispose" of him or does he just let him live on. Not like they used the Senate anymore
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Seeing as how the Empire is directly his fault, I assume the rebels tortured and mutilated him until he begged for the sweet release of death.
twilly
AG
I always imagined this is how it went down
Robot Chicken - Jar Jar Returns
MrPlow2010
AG
I don't know if this has been posted already or not but it sure is funny. NSFW language a little.
Duncan Idaho
Robot choke is the most consistently funny thing on tv.

OnlyForNow
AG
wow...
Duncan Idaho

There's more comfortable
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
That's great.
Fat Bib Fortuna
AG
In my Episode III fan fic circa 2001, Jar Jar went home and retired to Naboo and was a hero, but always felt regret for the way he effed everything else. That's right, I wrote a fan fic.
Saxsoon
AG
This was a really helpful video on the various Star Wars races. Didn't know about a few of these

wangus12
AG
His voice creeps me the **** out
TCTTS
AG
Agreed. And did you notice the voice has changed from the first teaser? A lot creepier / less cartoony. I really like it.
TCTTS
AG
Sorry - thought you were talking about Snoke / Serkis.
Saxsoon
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
My thoughts exactly on Snoke's voice.
jr15aggie
AG
Yep, I noticed it too. Definitely different and definitely better. Not that it was bad the 1st time, but dang these people called actors really know their stuff. I couldn't even tell you exactly why, but it sounded more sinister for sure. Serkis is pretty good!
Mr. White
quote:
Agreed. And did you notice the voice has changed from the first teaser? A lot creepier / less cartoony. I really like it.
YES! The "Have you felt it?" line makes him sound like a soulless killer. Love it!
First Page Last Page
Page 170 of 1252

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.