Star Wars Discussion Thread

5,858,819 Views | 43819 Replies | Last: 2 hrs ago by TCTTS
jr15aggie
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I have 3 kids... My youngest is my only son... 5 years old... He literally just said, "I want to watch the best Star Wars ever". To which I asked "which one is that?". His reply, "The snow one".

I just about cried!
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Knife_Party
I think the world's vaginas just collectively picked up shop and left this thread.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
lol at thinking there were ever any women in here.
Saxsoon
AG
quote:
I think the world's vaginas just collectively picked up shop and left this thread.
You are assuming a lot about this thread
The Collective
AG
quote:
I felt a great disturbance in this thread, as if millions of vaginas suddenly cried out in terror and were suddenly silenced.
jr15aggie
AG
Lol! If it's any consolation, my wife doesn't visit this thread. It's Friday night and I watched the kids while she went out. What I post here... Matter, it does not!

Gigidy!
Mr. White
Finn can't be a Jedi yet. He looks like Trey Styles after his friend got shot up. Jedis play it cooler.

My phone autocorrects Jedis to Jesus, btw.
SpreadsheetAg
AG
quote:
I always imagined this is how it went down
Robot Chicken - Jar Jar Returns
Gets me crying laughing every time...

"Ani, mesa all sparkly-glowy, Ani! Yeah! I love you Ani! Yeah! Ani! Yeah!!!!"
Fat Bib Fortuna
AG
Hypothetical of the day: You can go see Episode VII tonight, but only by yourself, and you can't let anyone else know you've seen it, nor say a single thing about it from now until December 19 - no message board, no conversations, nothing.

If you break that in any way, you don't get to see Rogue One, Young Han Solo, or Episode VIII until they come out on video.

So - see it today but can't share one thing with anyone for the next 3-1/2 months; or go through the hype and build-up with everyone else and experience it with your chosen comrades on Dec. 18.
Saxsoon
AG
Today no question
Malachi Constant
AG
Today of course.
Saxsoon
AG
You just asked if you could sleep with the woman of your dreams but can't tell anyone about it
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
I would wait. I don't think you can beat the experience of watching it for the first time, with a bunch of fans, on opening night.

As much as I want to watch it, the opening night experience is a big part of it for me.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
And honestly, the pre-release hype and speculation is also pretty fun as well.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
So this video leaked today, it's from filming in Abu Dhabi. Nothing spoilery, and not great footage either. But if you're interested.

http://makingstarwars.net/wp-content/uploads/2015/08/Leaked-footage-of-Star-Wars-Episode-VII-The-Force-Awakens-filming-in-UAE..mp4
SpreadsheetAg
AG
Houston - TexAgs "Star Wars Thread" - Star Wars Watching Party?

Who's in? Which theater are we going to?
SpreadsheetAg
AG
quote:
http://i.imgur.com/vyFpLc7.gif
TheEyeGuy
Sponsor
AG
quote:
Houston - TexAgs "Star Wars Thread" - Star Wars Watching Party?

Who's in? Which theater are we going to?

100% in
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Dang it, I sort of wish I still lived in Houston for this.
SpreadsheetAg
AG
I am flying in from Australia... surely you can drive in from wherever
Madmarttigan
AG
I will probably be at the edwards IMAX off of I-10. Possibly the dunvale AMC I-max.

I got that thursday night off of work so I sure as hell will be there.
Fat Bib Fortuna
AG
quote:
I would wait. I don't think you can beat the experience of watching it for the first time, with a bunch of fans, on opening night.

As much as I want to watch it, the opening night experience is a big part of it for me.
i agree 100%. Having gone to all 6 prior movies with my dad and brother, and all three prequels with one of my best friends from A&M, I would not want to sit through it alone just to see it first
double aught
AG
Agreed. The wait isn't torturous or anything. The anticipation is fun. Easy call.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
quote:
I am flying in from Australia... surely you can drive in from wherever

30 hour drive from NY.
twilly
AG
Son is going ape s**t crazy playing Disney Infinity on the XBOX right now. So far pretty cool. I'll get my turn when he goes to bed tonight.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Tweeted by Peter Mayhew.

jr15aggie
AG
I go to movies solo all the time. With a wife and 3 kids at home, I don't require company at the theater... Me time!

I'll be going to an early Friday showing at whatever local joint has a non 3D big screen. I'll bring my nook as I wait in line! After I approve the movie as kid appropriate I'll march the family down there and see it again. After all that, I'll go check out a 3D imax downtown Austin. So yeah, I'll see it 3 times minimum.
double aught
AG
quote:
Tweeted by Peter Mayhew.

http://i.imgur.com/vRFX0wz.jpg
"By God, that's a big ship." /Dr. McCoy
Knife_Party
I had no idea Manhattan Island was that big.
Saxsoon
AG
quote:
I go to movies solo all the time. With a wife and 3 kids at home, I don't require company at the theater... Me time!

I'll be going to an early Friday showing at whatever local joint has a non 3D big screen. I'll bring my nook as I wait in line! After I approve the movie as kid appropriate I'll march the family down there and see it again. After all that, I'll go check out a 3D imax downtown Austin. So yeah, I'll see it 3 times minimum.
Honestly I prefer watching movies alone because I am the ******* who will comment on the movie when I am with friends. I also have no qualms seeing movies opening weekend (let alone night) and my friends don't like that usually.
Fat Bib Fortuna
AG
quote:

I saw the Phantom Menace 3 times the day it came out.

Do you even Kessel Run, bro?
dave94
AG
This thread led me to watch all 3 prequels this weekend. I forgot how poorly ROTS begins. The whole battle leading to the confrontation with Dooku goes on waaaaaay too long. Very poorly paced.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Saw ROTS three times in theaters. Will probably watch TFA at least 4. Not kidding.
SpreadsheetAg
AG
Ill watch it twice in the states and probably again back in Australia... Ill let you know tif there's any differences or if it translates to Aussie awkwardly

I still remember being in Iraq and getting this bootleg copy of The Phantom Menace or AotC where it had been translated from English to Russian to Chinese and back to English on the subtitles... and droids were dropping f-bombs and everyone was calling the Jedi the "Presbyterians" throughout the movie
First Page Last Page
Page 171 of 1252

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.