Star Wars Discussion Thread

5,859,972 Views | 43819 Replies | Last: 8 hrs ago by TCTTS
512Ag
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
quote:
Ill watch it twice in the states and probably again back in Australia... Ill let you know tif there's any differences or if it translates to Aussie awkwardly

I still remember being in Iraq and getting this bootleg copy of The Phantom Menace or AotC where it had been translated from English to Russian to Chinese and back to English on the subtitles... and droids were dropping f-bombs and everyone was calling the Jedi the "Presbyterians" throughout the movie
Knife_Party
SPOILERISH ALERT

Well, not a total spoiler as you'll probably see this on tv in a week if you have any kids. Here is the new star wars lego toys commercial. The spoilerish part is what you can easily infer by the action at the end. You've been warned if you were wanting to remain pure.

SpreadsheetAg
AG
Concussion Missiles?
Ag Since 83
AG
My favorite part of my embarrassingly nerdy Star Wars Lego collection is the Red Five X-Wing. Trying to decide if I should get the new X-wing when it comes out (I assume it's coming out Friday?) or if it would be redundant
Brian Earl Spilner
AG

quote:
droids were dropping f-bombs and everyone was calling the Jedi the "Presbyterians" throughout the movie
LOL
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
I feel like a trailer is dropping this week. Nothing to back it up, just a gut feeling.

If I had to make a wild guess, I'd say Wednesday.
Saxsoon
AG
On Star Wars land. Disney typically has a five year development timeline from announcement to rope drop. New fantasyland was roughly five year as was cars land. Pandora/avatar expansion is on track for five years. They are going to have to clear out land already in use as well as incorporate areas like the star tours ride into the new world.

If you want an idea of the storytelling that Disney will do with this new world, I would recommend reading this article on the pandora/avatar expansion at animal kingdom. I know this is Star Wars thread but it gives an idea of the goals WDI hopes to accomplish. Remember all those articles about how you are entering a world for Star Wars land, not just a theme park? Disney is doing the same with pandora. The buzz coming out of the new pandora land is coming from people who didn't like the movie because Disney is actively trying to put you in this new world, not a recreation of the movie. Even the pamphlet mentions bringing repellent because pandora has similar insect Mosquitos to earth. Star Wars land will be the same immersive storytelling.
http://www.slashfilm.com/avatar-land-d23-expo-2015/

jabberwalkie09
AG
So, apparently some people got advanced copies of Aftermath. I don't want to spoil anything from I've seen posted, but there is a a line in the novel (pretty much mentioned in passing) that leads me to speculate that we might see an OT character in Rebels at some point. There's a good bit else as well, but I fear that it would completely ruin it for anyone planning to read the book.
SpreadsheetAg
AG
In this Star Wars land, can I get into the job rolls early and just be like a Ithorian extra for the rest of my life? Or maybe a Falleen , you know pheromones, ladies... hi... I'm Prince Xaoxian wink wink ... I might quit my engineering job to do this forever
Knife_Party
quote:
Concussion Missiles?

Kylo Ren's ship. I guess the toys themselves are spoilers, but we already knew that would happen.
jabberwalkie09
AG
To be fair, that ship was in the second teaser trailer. The only thing was didn't know for sure, but was heavily suspected, was who it was owned by.
Saxsoon
AG
quote:
In this Star Wars land, can I get into the job rolls early and just be like a Ithorian extra for the rest of my life? Or maybe a Falleen , you know pheromones, ladies... hi... I'm Prince Xaoxian wink wink ... I might quit my engineering job to do this forever
Saxsoon
AG
quote:

I have worked at Disney and it is a lot of fun. I did merchandise in the hotels which had its own types of satisfaction.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
I wouldn't mind being a random bounty hunter in Jabba's Palace, surrounded by alien hotties all day.
Knife_Party
Wait. Its in the second teaser? I totally missed it.
jabberwalkie09
AG

Yep, it is the same ship if I'm not mistaken.
Knife_Party
I just assumed that was an updated lambda class shuttle.
MGS
quote:
The spoilerish part is what you can easily infer by the action at the end.

Not necessarily, I think there were Age of Ultron Lego sets that didn't reflect what happened in the movie.
jabberwalkie09
AG
quote:
quote:
The spoilerish part is what you can easily infer by the action at the end.

Not necessarily, I think there were Age of Ultron Lego sets that didn't reflect what happened in the movie.
Yeah, I'm gonna have to agree with this as I think it is a bit of a leap to assume the action for the toys will the same as what plays out on screen. The sequence reminded me of the TIE chasing and firing at the Falcon in the second trailer.
Atreides Ornithopter
AG
Just for the humor, but I showed my 4 year old and 6 year old the original trilogy a few weeks ago, to get ready to take them to the new one. And yes both of them sat still through all of them, they loved it.

The humorous thing was that today my 4 year old informed me that the stormtroopers are Darth Vader's minions. He likes Despicable me and Minions as well.
Saxsoon
AG
So people were speculating how the Disney logo will be incorporated into the movie. Apparently at d23 it showed the castle unedited and then panned upwards into the stars
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Judging by the teasers, it looks like they'll just show the Lucasfilm logo. My main question is what music they'll use to replace the Fox fanfare. I hope they don't use the music they put in on the digital releases, the editing is a bit weird/awkward.

jabberwalkie09
AG
I'd put some money on it being a variation of the Binary Sunset, The Force Theme, or the beginning of The Rebel Fleet from the OT reworked slightly to fit the time of the Disney Castle logo and Lucasfilm logo.
Duncan Idaho
quote:
Judging by the teasers, it looks like they'll just show the Lucasfilm logo. My main question is what music they'll use to replace the Fox fanfare. I hope they don't use the music they put in on the digital releases, the editing is a bit weird/awkward.

That is just embarrassing
jabberwalkie09
AG
Personally, something like this is more of what I had in envisioned in my mind.

Duncan Idaho
That is way to many bumpers. Need to pick ine, Lucasfilms or bad robot or at least shorten both by at least 50%.

I think it would be cool to see Cinderellas castle but in a bespin school of architecture design style.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Binary Sunset is the Force Theme, just fyi.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Not gonna lie. Got chills watching that.
jabberwalkie09
AG
quote:
Not gonna lie. Got chills watching that.
I know right? I have to admit, even though it is fan made, I may have gotten a little too excited over the prospect of it. I may have hyped myself into disappointment if it isn't like that. I know that Binary Sunset is The Force Theme. I should have just separated them by "/".... My bad.
Fat Bib Fortuna
AG
Heard they were going with Lapti Nek as the new opening music.
Saxsoon
AG
quote:

There is no way Disney is not getting their name in the opening sequence
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
They don't do it with Marvel films.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Your references are off the chain, bro.
jabberwalkie09
AG
quote:
They don't do it with Marvel films.
Disney also isn't listed as a production company for the MCU films though right? Disney is listed as a production company for TFA. Disney is however a distributor for both.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Oh, interesting. But I figure if they didn't do it on the teasers, why would the movie be different?
First Page Last Page
Page 172 of 1252

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.