Star Wars Discussion Thread

5,859,884 Views | 43819 Replies | Last: 8 hrs ago by TCTTS
jabberwalkie09
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
To be fair, the first teaser had no logos in front of it. The second teaser had only the Lucasfilm logo in front of it. I think it will be interesting what the final choice is. Personally, I think JJ's Bad Robot could probably be bumped from the line up.
MGS
I doubt we'll see bad robot because J.J. is just doing one movie.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
quote:
That is way to many bumpers. Need to pick ine, Lucasfilms or bad robot or at least shorten both by at least 50%.

I think it would be cool to see Cinderellas castle but in a bespin school of architecture design style.
This one is probably more your speed.

Also, we're having a discussion on the freaking intro to the movie. Good God, we are geeks.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
And the one we'd all like but won't get.

Duncan Idaho
Much better
Malachi Constant
AG
Muckraker's references are out of control. Everyone knows that.
Malachi Constant
AG
These intros remind me of the into to Return of the King. The music sets the stage right up front and immediately you're in Middle Earth (or a galaxy far far away)

Simplebay
AG
Maybe a Disney themed star warsy type intro? Didn't they do a Grid Disney logo for Tron Legacy?

jr15aggie
AG
Bad Robot logo will not be present... I have no doubts on that.

I do think the Disney logo will be there, just like the Fox logo was before. Very likely they will do a very classy and Star Wars specific logo. Nothing too over the top, but something we will come to recognize as an integral part of the new intros.

The Force theme for intro music pretty much has to be the choice I think. Starts off so subtle yet recognizable... Then builds nicely for the Lucas logo before fading out. Perfect!
TCTTS
AG
Abrams has had the Bad Robot logo in front of every movie he's directed/produced. Abrams and his producing partner Bryan Burk are two of three primary producers on the movie (Kathleen Kennedy being the other) and the movie is currently being edited at the Bad Robot offices in Santa Monica. I don't see why you're so sure it won't be in front of Episode VII. The only reason I could think of would be consistency between TFA and XIII / IX, but even then, I bet Abrams ends up being a producer throughout the trilogy. We'll find out soon enough...
SpreadsheetAg
AG
quote:
Maybe a Disney themed star warsy type intro? Didn't they do a Grid Disney logo for Tron Legacy?

This without the flashing lights, on Coruscant skyline, with 2 x-wings doing a flyby on the horizon.
Simplebay
AG
Uhhh I would bet anything you want Bad Robot logo is on it. I MIGHT even say right before a long time ago.

Disney, Bad Robot, LucasFilm. I hope.
TCTTS
AG
Yeah, that order is exactly what I was thinking. I bet you're right.
Simplebay
AG
Only for Star Wars would we debate the production companies. This movie is headed for 2Bn. This is dwarfing TDK and TDKR hype.
jr15aggie
AG
quote:
Uhhh I would bet anything you want Bad Robot logo is on it. I MIGHT even say right before a long time ago.

Disney, Bad Robot, LucasFilm. I hope.

What I said above (in my head) wasn't so much that Bad Robot wouldn't be shown at all, but it wouldn't be part of the "new intro" sequence. Bad Robot can be included up front with their full animated logo and whatever music/sound they want to accompany it with. But it needs to come first... fade out... and then give us our new intro music (Force Theme many have guessed), new Disney logo (probably specially made for Star Wars), and then the Lucasfilm logo.

I can't be the only one that appreciates that Star Wars movies have always started and ended the same way. Seems silly to put Bad Robot there in the middle so that it can change for all future Star Wars projects Abrams is not a part of.
TCTTS
AG
You realize the 20th Century Fox logo won't be there either, right?
jr15aggie
AG
quote:
Of course! That's why I said Disney needs to create their own new intro sequence with the Disney Logo and theme music (we all assume the force theme), but it needs to be consistent. I'm fully aware the Fox and drum / trumpet cadence will no longer be part of the intro.... but going forward it would be nice to have a consistent new Disney theme with all movies.

That being said, if Abrams gives us an awesome flick, he can put his Bad Robot logo wherever he wants and I won't give a crap!
JCRiley09
AG
quote:
quote:
Of course! That's why I said Disney needs to create their own new intro sequence with the Disney Logo and theme music (we all assume the force theme), but it needs to be consistent. I'm fully aware the Fox and drum / trumpet cadence will no longer be part of the intro.... but going forward it would be nice to have a consistent new Disney theme with all movies.

That being said, if Abrams gives us an awesome flick, he can put his Bad Robot logo wherever he wants and I won't give a crap!

He did give C3PO the robot's arm
TheEyeGuy
Sponsor
AG
quote:
quote:
quote:

He did give C3PO the robot's arm
Be hilarious if they made the robot's arm gold.... Just saying.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
I agree with jr15. Bad Robot won't be there in subsequent films, so I'm thinking it'll either:

A - not be there.
B - be at the very front (before the music), and won't be part of the official "new intro" going forward.

Star Wars is a franchise, and I think JJ understands that better than anyone. He's a passenger, not a pilot, and the new intro will be shown in front of a hell of a lot more movies in the next few years, so I think it'll remain consistent.

Lucasfilm has to be the last thing shown, before "A long time ago..."

quote:
This without the flashing lights, on Coruscant skyline, with 2 x-wings doing a flyby on the horizon.
I posted a mock-up of this a couple months ago that was really cool. I'll try to dig it back up.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Here we go.

jr15aggie
AG
quote:
I agree with jr15. Bad Robot won't be there in subsequent films, so I'm thinking it'll either:

A - not be there.
B - be at the very front (before the music), and won't be part of the official "new intro" going forward.

Star Wars is a franchise, and I think JJ understands that better than anyone. He's a passenger, not a pilot, and the new intro will be shown before a hell of a lot more movies in the next few years, so I think it'll remain consistent.

Lucasfilm has to be the last thing shown, before "A long time ago..."
This guy gets it!!!

But seriously, obviously none of us really know. It is indeed a testament to this movie when we are 3 1/2 months out and the fans are trying to figure out the intro... the friggin intro!!!
Fat Bib Fortuna
AG
This is a shameless plug to play fantasy football with moi and friends.

League is in its second year, traditional format, no keepers. Existing members all in 30s and 40s, 5 of us are mid-90s A&M grads, everyone's been playing FFL at least a decade. If interested, email me at nickgeo2010 (@) yahoo.com

If you join the league, I'll post the link to my 2001 Episode III Fan Fiction for everyone to laugh at.
RebAg13
AG
I can play
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
You know you need to post that, right?
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
http://www.seattletimes.com/entertainment/fall-movie-preview-abrams-on-keeping-star-wars-grounded/
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Rogue One may be shooting in 70mm.

http://www.ign.com/articles/2015/09/01/rogue-one-a-star-wars-story-may-be-shot-in-70mm
TheEyeGuy
Sponsor
AG
quote:
Rogue One may be shooting in 70mm.

http://www.ign.com/articles/2015/09/01/rogue-one-a-star-wars-story-may-be-shot-in-70mm
Moved, it did.
TCTTS
AG
"Star Wars: The Force Awakens Trailer for September 11th?"
Duncan Idaho
quote:
"Star Wars: The Force Awakens Trailer for September 11th?"

Too soon
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
That's right, **** you terrorists. Muricah.
Saxsoon
AG
Interesting on the casting news for Episode 8. I won't go into more detail as it might be spoilerly (nothing on character detail so much as that they are looking for another character in this role)

Tatiana Maslany (who lost out to Felicity Jones in Rogue One) and Olivia Cooke (Bates Motel) are in the running

IGN

boogieman
AG
Give Tatiana all the roles.
Saxsoon
AG
quote:
Give Tatiana all the roles.
She is all of the other Clone Storm Troopers
GiveEmHellBill
AG

Thought this could use a little something to really make it a Disney intro....
First Page Last Page
Page 173 of 1252

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.