Star Wars Discussion Thread

5,859,339 Views | 43819 Replies | Last: 5 hrs ago by TCTTS
Brian Earl Spilner
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
^ Interesting. My first thought when seeing those Empire images with the OT stormtroopers and the OT Falcon, was that there would either be flashbacks, or even the whole first act of the movie would be taking place shorty after ROTJ, and then jump forward 30 years.
jr15aggie
AG
Speaking of speculation... these guys make some very interesting remarks when looking at the recently released pics. None of them say anything spoilerish, they just make some very interesting guesses based on what little we've seen so far. Some of it is probably way off, but very good conversation and exciting possibilities.

Some highlights:

• What if the First Order is simply one group that split from the old Empire?
  • Do we know for sure that Phasma/Hux are on the same side as Kylo Ren? What if Kylo is working with or has his own group that broke off from the Empire that isn't the First Order and the boundaries of good guys / bad guys are blurred.
  • Why does the barrel of Phasma's blaster look like a light saber? Inquisitor?! :-o
  • Just about everything we've seen so far is from the 1st act... we know very little about what happens in the middle and in the end (this I definitely think is true).
TCTTS
AG
At least one major flashback is 99.9% confirmed for The Force Awakens.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Those guys are interesting to watch. Highly recommend their Jedi council shows if you are a big nerd like me.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/star-wars-force-awakens-set-817709

Taking over ALL IMAX screens for a month.
Mr. White
Thank God for Aggie football to distract us from the wait.
jr15aggie
AG
quote:
Thank God for Aggie football to distract us from the wait.
Here's hoping it doesn't turn into, "Thank God we at least have Star Wars to look forward too and distract us from Aggie Football" *takes another drink*
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Aggies, Cowboys, and Spurs.

Not gonna make the waiting any easier but it's certainly a welcome distraction. Really looking forward to the new Spurs lineup.
Fat Bib Fortuna
AG
The plot of the game Jedi Outcast follows a similar vein where a student of Luke's who gets really strong ends up killing another student while sparring and then gets exiled, only to show up at the head of an Imperial Splinter; he ends up with the traditional Imperial army units as well as some Force-imbibed guys with sabers. One of my favorite games to play over and over.
GiveEmHellBill
AG
Okay, so I'm in my forties now, but I am still seriously considering dragging my butt to Toys R Us at midnight next Friday for Force Friday. Won't take the kids, though.

I remember doing this with a friend of mine back in '99 for The Phantom Menace toys. I already checked, and the Target in CS is not participating, but Toys R Us is saying that ALL their stores will open for this event.

Or, I'll probably just go shopping at lunch on Friday......
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Considering going to Toys R Us in Times Square for this. I've never gone to one of these, and in fact, I don't own any toys or anything like that. But I figure I may not get a lot of chances to go to something like this, especially not in NYC.

Actually they are going to have an exhibition of original toys and memorabilia, from the 70's to now. So I definitely will be checking that out.
heddleston
AG
the old radio dramas and more on sale: https://www.humblebundle.com/books
Fat Bib Fortuna
AG
The radio dramas are FANTASTIC, especially Star Wars which has a large number of scenes never in the movies, including one where Leia ducks an Imperial blockade and Vader on the ground after the plans have been recovered. My brother burned all 3 of the movies radio dramas to CDs for me when I used to commute every day, and they made just the best thing to listen to, plus Mark Hamill is Luke for ANH and ESB
TCTTS
AG

wangus12
AG
DAMMMMMMMMMMMMMM
COOL LASER FALCON
Plot twist: Boyega's character isn't a Storm Trooper turncoat. He was kicked out for actually aiming.
SUPAGGIE
!!!!!!!!

SIAP!!!!!

https://instagr.am/p/65PhxOs_RH
Knife_Party
Where the **** did that come from???
RebAg13
AG
WOW
Duncan Idaho
Meh
Knife_Party
Ok so that's real. Goddammit stop playing with my feelings!!!
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
SUPAGGIE
YES! It's from the official star wars instagram.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
HOLY ****! And just want to pat myself on the back for calling it on Finn vs Kylo.

quote:
Judging by the picture I posted above, he's probably trying to stop an attacker(s), who he then has a lightsaber duel with. Notice the troopers turning behind him.

Maybe the Falcon coming in, and Finn fights him?
SUPAGGIE
Also this

https://instagr.am/p/604nq9M_ae
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
And with those 5 seconds, the SW Instagram will gain about 100k+ followers today. They are playing this brilliantly.
hurleyag
AG
I love the contrast of sound between Kylo's saber being rough sounding and Finn's being smooth sounding.
Simplebay
AG
i think a little pee came out.
Duncan Idaho
quote:
I love the contrast of sound between Kylo's saber being rough sounding and Finn's being smooth sounding.

Great catch
wangus12
AG
I am so erect right now. The advertising team for this film all deserve massive raises
TCTTS
AG
Looks like I could very well be eating crow next week (which I will gladly do)...
amercer
AG
Whoa
MrPlow2010
AG
looks awesome[url=<blockquote][/url]
fig96
AG
Probably an obvious note, but that first Instagram link is a video for those who missed it like I did
jabberwalkie09
AG
Cannot.... Contain.... Excitement.... Damn, I wish this was coming sooner than December.....
First Page Last Page
Page 168 of 1252

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.